Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RIP Albert Hofmann 1/11/1906 - 4/29/2008

RIP LSD

thanks

LSD is here to stay. Hofmann isnt.
We should all be grateful that he left his "problem child" that we cant help but love, to the human race. We may one day need it, prolly the only thing that will save us from eventual self-destruction.

I personally think it's outright disrespectful to dose yourself in Dr. Hofmann's name, but of course what I think dosen't matter and whoever said they're gonna do it is still gonna do it...:\

^ Curious as to why that would be disrespectful? LSD is one of his most well known achievements.

inotocracy said:
^ Curious as to why that would be disrespectful? LSD is one of his most well known achievements.
Using the late Dr.'s name as an excuse to dose yourself is disrespectful IMO. Hofmann viewed lsd as a highly valuble medical tool, and spoke out against it's recreational use.
Again, everyone's gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what I think, I would just prefer that everyone leave Dr. Hofmann name out of it. I'm sure he'd agree if he were around to say so.
I've done lsd a bunch of times, but I never said "here's to you Dr. Hofmann" as I dosed myself:\

Woah, I had no clue that he was still alive.

Geeze, 102 years old? That's pretty crazy.