View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RIP Albert Hofmann 1/11/1906 - 4/29/2008

bagera tomorrow

Bluelighter
As of 6:00PM EST, MAPS.org and Erowid have confirmed Dr. Hofmann's death, but no mainstream news outlets.

I've seen a few places around the web reporting that Albert Hofmann passed away today (April 29, 2008). I don't think any mainstream media has reported it yet, so I'm not sure if it's true. If anyone can verify this, please do. If it's not true, I really apologize for bringing up a rumor like this.

However if it is true, I hope he went peacefully. Thanks Al. I'll be dosing in your memory.

edit: fixed name, can a moderator please change the subject to the correct name and add in that he may or may not be dead.

When I posted this wikipedia also said that he had passed, but it appears that they have since edited, likely until more proof can be provided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer. Sounds like he lived a good & long one though.

bagera tomorrow said:
I'll be dosing in your memory.
For some reason I find that very distateful.

I can actually see it now, lot's of hippies and the like dropping acid to commemorate his life, when his life extended well beyond LSD and tripping. To me it seems shallow.

WHHHHAAAA :(
cant find anything on it though

RIP Hofmann youre still my hero

Last edited:
Oh, I hope not.
The man's a saint though, so if it's his time, I know he went in peace...

bagera tomorrow said:
I've seen a few places around the web reporting that Albert Hoffman passed away today (April 29, 2008). I don't think any mainstream media has reported it yet, so I'm not sure if it's true. If anyone can verify this, please do. If it's not true, I really apologize for bringing up a rumor like this.

However if it is true, I hope he went peacefully. Thanks Al. I'll be dosing in your memory.

so if you have seen a few places on the web, where are the sources?

bagera tomorrow said:
I've seen a few places around the web reporting that Albert Hoffman passed away today (April 29, 2008). I don't think any mainstream media has reported it yet, so I'm not sure if it's true. If anyone can verify this, please do. If it's not true, I really apologize for bringing up a rumor like this.

so if you have seen a few places on the web, where are the sources?

no source, no belief

I heard he has been dead for at least a decade, all the pictures speakers you see are actualy body doubles, the real albert is in middle earth frozen untill the technology can bring him back.

bagera tomorrow said:

you cant even spell his name right :X :X

^ Come on, that's beyond the point isn't it? I always get this confused myself (was it single or double N?), doesn't mean I respect (the memory of) him any less..

Anyway, a real bummer if it's true... He was a really cool old chap, even if it weren't for the discovery of LSD (although we probably wouldn't be discussing it here now if that didn't happen). I'm glad he lived a real long and fulfilling life though, may his soul rest in peace.

^all i said was he didnt spell the name right...didnt say anything about respect....

It was your tone (the usage of the word "even" and the angry faces), but hey this isn't a place to start an argument, so please just ignore my comment.

ladyinthesky said:
^all i said was he didnt spell the name right...didnt say anything about respect....
what ever:X :X :X :X

see when you add taht little red angry face it convays a message of anger.