• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ringing in Ears induced by Mdma?

Alaska457

Bluelighter
I've been making a bunch of posts and threads around the internet about what I've just gone through, so I can try to get as much insight on what's going on as I can, and to hopefully help somebody else before they make the same mistake I did. This is the most comforting place to ask and receive answer, thank you guys.

I made the stupid mistake of taking 800mg of 80% Mdma over about 3-4 days. I wasn't using it for the "magic" but basically just to be sociable, so I wasn't worried about losing the effects. I really wish I had done more research about the after-effects than what I had done, because the last few days have been an extreme rollercoaster. The first 3 days were the worst, I couldn't sleep, sit still, watch TV, or even think. After that, it calmed down a lot, but the anxiety and depression are still coming in bouts (just had around a 4 hour long anxiety attack). It's now about 4 1/2 days since I took my last dose.

Recently, I got this ringing in my ears, and it won't go away. I looked it up and I guess it's called Tittinus. It's been going on since sometime yesterday, and it seems like it's only gotten louder. I'm wondering if this will go away, or if anyone else has experienced this ringing. I'm still young and I don't want to be listening to this for the rest of my life :(

Also, I have one more question about what I think might of happened to me.
So the day after my last dose, from what I remember, is that my head had extreme pressure and was hurting pretty badly. This lasted for the whole 3 days where my come down was the worst, and about half a day after (still have a bit of a headache). Could it be that it caused my brain to swell up, doing permanent damage to everything in there? I've heard some people get the same side-effects from Mdma as a concussion, and concussions a lot of the times cause brain damage. I can't stop researching things about it and the symptoms, because I was totally blind-sided by the after effects even though I did my research before taking.

you probably wouldn't have to worry about permanent damage from one experience unless you OD'd or gave yourself SS (or something along those lines). i would say that its when you abuse and abuse it for a long time that permanent damage becomes an issue. the headache is part of the comedown as i remember many headaches for days after rolls. its also possible that you are hungry, dehydrated, and just plain exhausted. binging on uppers always would make me forget to eat, as well as make me dehydrated.

So has MDMA given you tinnitus is the question?

I think it was more than likely the loud music, but hey im no expert.

you probably wouldn't have to worry about permanent damage from one experience unless you OD'd or gave yourself SS (or something along those lines). i would say that its when you abuse and abuse it for a long time that permanent damage becomes an issue. the headache is part of the comedown as i remember many headaches for days after rolls. its also possible that you are hungry, dehydrated, and just plain exhausted. binging on uppers always would make me forget to eat, as well as make me dehydrated.

Yeah I have been having a bad headache for a few days now. It wasn't until after the come down started when the headache started, actually the day after. I'm calmed down right now and I've taken some frozen fruit from my freezer to use on the parts where my head hurts the most, and moving them to a new spot after a few minutes. Thanks for

Man, a lot of people on the internet are idiots. There's so many false claims about Mdma and what to do on come downs, the side effects, and basically anything about the drug. I should of known better, because now that I've been researching for at least 4+ days, I know that many of the people that are giving you advice don't know what the hell they're talking about, or maybe not even that but they just have a complete different reaction to it because of the nature of the drug.

Thanks for those words Northern Lights, I now know I am just really paranoid about the side effects and the length this will last. I don't know how long this will last, but now I know a lot of the stuff I was reading is just hear-say.

The scary part is when I'm relaxed, I just don't want to go to sleep because when I do, I will probably wake up and have another panic attack or anxiety attack. I actually feel semi-okay but in a different light, and I just hate thinking about going back into that panic-mode with the hopeless feeling. I know it will eventually happen again though, at least I'm fairly sure. Just sucks man...

I'm going to make a to-do list of all the stuff I know for sure will help me with recovery and follow it every day. Hopefully I will recover soon.

Edit:

@ Mendo_K , I didn't get your response, I clicked submit and it must of logged me out and I checked back w/ the page like 25 mins later to see the "log in to continue" page that I know all to well for only being her a few days. The ringing isn't at the top of my priorities right now, but you're right it could of been from the music, I really have no idea. I was by myself the whole 3-4 days rolling, maybe seeing my mom a few times every now and then. I think I might of had my headphones in pretty loud.

Stop trying to self-diagnose, it's impossible. You're going to talk yourself into having idiopathic symptoms that you probably wouldn't experience otherwise, due to your anxiety and over-thinking the problem.

Stop trying to self-diagnose, it's impossible. You're going to talk yourself into having idiopathic symptoms that you probably wouldn't experience otherwise, due to your anxiety and over-thinking the problem.

Yeah, you're right. The only problem is I don't have much to do, so it's almost impossible to not think of it. I've been in the house for 3+ weeks. I'm going to force myself to go have some social interaction and try to get into a groove and work on a schedule. I am feeling extremely tired right now, and I am not sure if I should fall asleep, or wait it out through the entire day so I can try to get on a decent schedule. By the time I get done with everything it should be afternoon.

To be honest, I've been isolating for over 10+ months, and I have had minimal social interaction, and the problem with that is I was a big people person and loved hanging out with friends and doing stuff. I am surprised I'm not feeling worse than I already do. The Mdma opened a light that I've been trying to get for awhile, it's kind of blocking those thoughts I have been having. Weirdly enough, during this come down my ankle started to get better as well, I found this exercise online and just started doing it, and within like 2-3 mins it helped.

Right now I'm debating whether to fall asleep or force myself to go into a position where I'm going to be with people for 5-6 hours. Which I haven't done for quite some time now.

Hello, I'm just wondering if the ringing went away? Did you ever regain normalcy? How long did it take. I did too much MDMA over a weekend. The day after my comedown, I started to feel lethargic, headaches and my ears ring. It's been a week now, no signs of progress.

Did either of you ever have any improvement? It's been 7 days since I did a similar binge and my ears are still ringing.

Well I OD'd and think I experienced SS.....I was poly drug using. Guess my tinnitus is permanent.

I'm finding it funny people are surprised to have these comedown effects
I mean u stayed up all weekend and ate almost ten doses. Of course ur gonna feel like shit.seriously people on here are tripipin about floaters and viusal snow. I noticed I had that stuff before I even started doing e. I think people are just noticing these things they already have and just deciding its from e because coincidentally they took e sometime before they noticed these these "symptoms". I mean what if all these " symptoms" (floaters, visual snow,ringing ears, urinary retention, anxiety) are just natural things that happen as you grow older. I mean consider all the possibilities as u get older ur body is changed so who's to say that these changes aren't natural things that happen as u grow older? I mean maybe ringing ears is from a different experience such as loud music at rave.- actually I've been wanting to share this idea. Um gonna make a new thread just for this.

Last edited:
I'm finding it funny people are surprised to have these comedown effects
I mean u stayed up all weekend and ate almost ten doses. Of course ur gonna feel like shit.seriously people on here are tripipin about floaters and viusal snow. I noticed I had that stuff before I even started doing e. I think people are just noticing these things they already have and just deciding its from e because coincidentally they took e sometime before they noticed these these "symptoms". I mean what if all these " symptoms" (floaters, visual snow,ringing ears, urinary retention, anxiety) are just natural things that happen as you grow older. I mean consider all the possibilities as u get older ur body is changed so who's to say that these changes aren't natural things that happen as u grow older? I mean maybe ringing ears is from a different experience such as loud music at rave.- actually I've been wanting to share this idea. Um gonna make a new thread just for this.

Because I was in northern New England at a cabin on a lake.....Not a rave, hence my Tinnitus is not noise induced.

Because I was in northern New England at a cabin on a lake.....Not a rave, hence my Tinnitus is not noise induced.

Ok either way, if u take a high amount like you did expect some lasting after effects. Honestly if I eat that much which I have many times I usually am pretty fucked in the head for a while.

Ok either way, if u take a high amount like you did expect some lasting after effects. Honestly if I eat that much which I have many times I usually am pretty fucked in the head for a while.
yeah it was cuz it twice in 3 days, no doubt about it....Oh well.

I have occasional tinnitus, which I have later identified to be related to my upper back/shoulder area muscle tension. Once it is getting to a level where it bothers me, then it is time to pay a visit to a massage therapist. I am not saying that muscle tension is the reason for all tinnitus, but certainly is causing it to me.

I have occasional tinnitus, which I have later identified to be related to my upper back/shoulder area muscle tension. Once it is getting to a level where it bothers me, then it is time to pay a visit to a massage therapist. I am not saying that muscle tension is the reason for all tinnitus, but certainly is causing it to me.
hmm....I do have some jaw tension and my dentist says it looks like I grind my teeth (although I've always done this and never had Tinnitus until now). I'll try a massage.

Don't worry. There is a very big chance you will recover. The tinnitus is somehow related to totally depleting and fucking op your serotonin.
I've been in a similar situation and thought i would never get to sleep again because of the noise, but after 3 months it went away completely.

Do not take anything serotogenic for the coming months. If you have trouble sleeping i recommend playing birdsounds in the background.

Good luck!

Hi OP,

Did the ringing in your ears ever go away?

Did you ever recover?

Very interested to hear your update, thanks!

I've been making a bunch of posts and threads around the internet about what I've just gone through, so I can try to get as much insight on what's going on as I can, and to hopefully help somebody else before they make the same mistake I did. This is the most comforting place to ask and receive answer, thank you guys.

I made the stupid mistake of taking 800mg of 80% Mdma over about 3-4 days. I wasn't using it for the "magic" but basically just to be sociable, so I wasn't worried about losing the effects. I really wish I had done more research about the after-effects than what I had done, because the last few days have been an extreme rollercoaster. The first 3 days were the worst, I couldn't sleep, sit still, watch TV, or even think. After that, it calmed down a lot, but the anxiety and depression are still coming in bouts (just had around a 4 hour long anxiety attack). It's now about 4 1/2 days since I took my last dose.

Recently, I got this ringing in my ears, and it won't go away. I looked it up and I guess it's called Tittinus. It's been going on since sometime yesterday, and it seems like it's only gotten louder. I'm wondering if this will go away, or if anyone else has experienced this ringing. I'm still young and I don't want to be listening to this for the rest of my life :(

Also, I have one more question about what I think might of happened to me.
So the day after my last dose, from what I remember, is that my head had extreme pressure and was hurting pretty badly. This lasted for the whole 3 days where my come down was the worst, and about half a day after (still have a bit of a headache). Could it be that it caused my brain to swell up, doing permanent damage to everything in there? I've heard some people get the same side-effects from Mdma as a concussion, and concussions a lot of the times cause brain damage. I can't stop researching things about it and the symptoms, because I was totally blind-sided by the after effects even though I did my research before taking.
I used to take that much over 3 to 4 days every week for almost a year and a half. You'll be fine.

However, the tinnitus could be caused by stimulant use. It just happens. Or it may have nothing to do with it.

Stress however, does cause tinnitus and makes it worse. Stress makes you hyper vigilant so you notice the tinnitus that you may not otherwise have noticed or it can actually cause it.