• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Rikodeine addiction

Congratulations for getting off it. I never want to go through methadone withdrawals ever again!
Thanks man, appreciate it. I tapered real slow - after being on it so long I didn't see the point in rushing it. So 45mg came down by 5mg every 4 wks tik I got to 20mg, then 2mg every 4 wks til I got to 10mg, then 1mg every 4 wks til I got to zero. Was very comfortable & didn't notice any adverse effects in any of the drops. Glad to be off the stuff, I certainly had no plans on staying on it that long when I first started but with relapses & that (relapse so up in dosage, reduce doseage, relapse again, increase doseage again) its just the way things panned out.

I thought this was interesting from the comparison of equivalent potencies of natural and synthetic opioids, for people who may be considering buprenorphine because it's no biggie,
20210926-185557.jpg

This just confirms what many of us already knew or suspected. The dosing guidelines are insanely high. This is not lost on many Physicians especially surgeons ER docs and others who routinely administer buprenorphine by slow IV suffusion at doses 150 micrograms and rarely have to administer all of it before sufficient analgesia is reached

People on the low end of the maintenance scale at 8 mg are taking the equivalent of 800mg oral morphine a day. 16mg is more common especially for long-term maintenance, where has 32mg is not unheard of.

Similar to taking 1.6 grams or over 3 grams of morphine sulfate

Yeh, it's a bit mad innit?

Once there was a time when heroin was touted as a cure for opium/morphine addiction.

Bupe is following the same pattern....

@Coconutroll
I don't think you are able to get Kratom down there where you are at, so being the next best thing would be a taper. Not sure how much you have left, or if you would be willing to do a taper.
If possible maybe find some benzos just to take at bedtime, and maybe some bud to smoke as needed.
I wouldn't really recommend getting on suboxone/bup or Methadone because in the long run it will only get worse.

People on the low end of the maintenance scale at 8 mg are taking the equivalent of 800mg oral morphine a day. 16mg is more common especially for long-term maintenance, where has 32mg is not unheard of.

Similar to taking 1.6 grams or over 3 grams of morphine sulfate
Well from what I understand kind of but not really, cause of the different BA of the two right ?

Well from what I understand kind of but not really, cause of the different BA of the two right ?
You know what really matters? Not what anything in a book says or on the computer screen. Especially when it comes to addiction. It's not a team sport. Morphine is the prototypical opiate to which all others are measured against. Which works well with other derivatives of the poppy plant and even synthetic opioids that work primarily on the same receptors

Buprenorphine is not in that category because of several unique properties including its very high bonding affinity, preference for secondary and tertiary subsets of receptors , and only partially at the main Mu- ones, which is phenomenal from the standpoint of safety and efficacy. It's harder (but not impossible) to expire from respiratory depression from buprenorphine alone, usually requires another sedative or + alcohol

If you are in extreme cancer pain and in the hospital on a morphine drip and then require an operation the doctor can deal with breakthrough pain resulting from cutting you open with buprenorphine. It's like it walks in and says to the morphine "step aside"

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this anymore except to say that I know I have been harping on buprenorphine since I returned to BL but I also think it is probably the greatest advance in the treatment of pain and addiction of the past 100 years. It's just being completely, almost criminally misprescribed.

Last edited:
You know what really matters? Not what anything in a book says or on the computer screen. Especially when it comes to addiction. It's not a team sport. Morphine is the prototypical opiate to which all others are measured against. Which works well with other derivatives of the poppy plant and even synthetic opioids that work primarily on the same receptors

Buprenorphine is not in that category. In some ways it's far more potent than morphine ever could hope to be or even especially dream of being when taken orally. It's notoriously inefficient because of first-pass metabolism. Yada yada yada
Uhh, ok

That yada yada yada of just been I wanted to get up and have a sip of cold beverage, before going back but this is not my thread to commandeer and apart from the highly dubious delivery system of sublocade and perhaps this Physician's failure to adequately infor that a not-insignificant percentage of patients have had poor results. Mostly along the lines of it didn't last.

I just deleted a whole rant about adverse effects which anybody can look up themselves but which probably not every doctor is fully revealing the possibility of like they should

Uh, apart from that whatever works from the perspective of harm reduction I support fully. And if you get high too that's a bonus.
But it's never going to be as good as the high from Love, best painkiller ever was or ever will be to paraphrase Burroughs last journal entry

Last edited:
I had my happy-time music on this morning, thinking we were gonna discuss Opioids, my favorite subject, only to encounter Nazi shit. As a Jew, I have far too many nightmares already about Luftwaffe pilots carpet bombing my Shtetl. I dug the fact that in the end Goring had to withdraw painfully from Opioids in the custody of his adversaries, awaiting what was essentially a drawn out process that would ultimately be the same as just shooting them in the neck.

Can I just ask a really basic philosophical question here?

Why, does Ryan, a true blue American who loves Freedom and all that, have to withdraw from several grams a day of Heroin, on a steel bed with nothing but water for 27 days for possession of a contaminated needle, while this top Nazi was treated to a masterfully designed protocol of Codeine reduction to keep him comfortable?

OP, why do you want to jump off at this point but not continue reducing?
They probably gave him a job at nasa after the detox..project paper clip and all.

Always puts a dent in the “Jews control the world” bull crap.
Seems unlikely they would give nazis high paying jobs in America after the holocaust but hey, everybody makes mistakes right?