• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Right amount of risperidone for an 100ug LSD trip

It's simple. I've tripped several times on LSD and mushrooms, consistently. Some good some bad. And I'm on Invega Sustenna.
I would say it's different when it comes to MDMA. ANd it's not always effective to euphoria. Maybe it's phenethylamines that are more susceptible to the dopamine blockers.

Im currently on risperdal 50 mg IM every 2 weeks and i need a minimum of 250-300 micrograms to get a mild trip.

Im currently on risperdal 50 mg IM every 2 weeks and i need a minimum of 250-300 micrograms to get a mild trip.
I've tried forcing trips on risperidone, 300ug feels like 50ug, but you still get all the negative side effects of high dose LSD. It's just never been fun or worth it to me.

While on the theme of tripping anyone any good music maybe time to discover a new genre

My advice is to stop playing with antipsychotics. It's guessing at medicine.
APs slow you down, almost retard your mind.
If you don't feel you can handle an acid trip. you shouldn't be taking acid to begin with.
It's like shooting a dose of heroin to help you fall asleep to let the acid run it's course.
Dumb Dumb Dumb.

This is off topic and your analogy is invalid. Having a trip killer just in case is obviously different from the absurdity of putting yourself to sleep in order to avoid a trip you chose to partake in. Both express some degree of caution, that's it. Your analogy is like saying one gets fat from eating less than one needs, just like one gets fat from eating more than one needs - because they're both eating.

While on the theme of tripping anyone any good music maybe time to discover a new genre

If you haven't heard Doctor Feelgood?

Or maybe Yeti by Amon Düül II 😎 Fucking insane trippy album and 50 years old.

yes and i think the setting was bad on multiple occasions this time i will go for a walk the whole day

Walk sounds like a great idea! It's a trip to accompany your trip.

Sometime's it's good to avoid noisy environments, but can be good to challenge oneself also.

Good luck!!!!

I have very limited knowledge on the medication at hand, but I can say from what I have read here and elsewhere, it will stop the visual effects of the compound but you will likely still feel some of the effects such as anxiety, stimulation, physical effects etc. It will likely help, but me personally I am not sure I can say I recommend it, but I also cannot say I advise against it. I think it will a very poor job in comparison to Benzodiazepines, and even other depressants, as in my experience bad trips have a lot to do with anxiety and physical effects. Which depressants can counter entirely. If you can find something better, go with that, but from what I can gather here it will help.

I have very limited knowledge on the medication at hand, but I can say from what I have read here and elsewhere, it will stop the visual effects of the compound but you will likely still feel some of the effects such as anxiety, stimulation, physical effects etc. It will likely help, but me personally I am not sure I can say I recommend it, but I also cannot say I advise against it. I think it will a very poor job in comparison to Benzodiazepines, and even other depressants, as in my experience bad trips have a lot to do with anxiety and physical effects. Which depressants can counter entirely. If you can find something better, go with that, but from what I can gather here it will help.
I would agree that benzos are more suitable for typical cases of someone being too high, having anxiety, or are inexperienced in dealing with a challening trip.

Benzos do not stop the trip itself or psychosis, though, in my experience. APs actually boot the drug off the serotonin receptor. Risperidone in particular has far higher affinity for HT2a than LSD. It works more like naloxone and opioid overdoses.

If someone is psychotic or having erratic behavior APs would be more effective. Or a combination even better.

In extreme cases paramedics actually use a "b52", which is a combination of an antipsychotic (usually haloperidol), 2mg lorazepam, and 50mg diphenhydramine. This will immediately cease psychotic symptoms and heavily sedate you so they can take you in and treat you.

Last edited:
I would agree that benzos are more suitable for typical cases of someone being too high, having anxiety, or are inexperienced in dealing with a challening trip.

Benzos do not stop the trip itself or psychosis, though, in my experience. APs actually boot the drug off the serotonin receptor. Risperidone in particular has far higher affinity for HT2a than LSD. It works more like naloxone and opioid overdoses.

If someone is psychotic or having erratic behavior APs would be more effective. Or a combination even better.

In extreme cases paramedics actually use a "b52", which is a combination of an antipsychotic (usually haloperidol), 2mg lorazepam, and 50mg diphenhydramine. This will immediately cease psychotic symptoms and heavily sedate you so they can take you in and treat you.
So essentially what you are saying is the medication stops the trip, but I also seen you mention it doesn't stop things like stimulation. So what about things like anxiety, restlessness, paranoia, rapid blood pressure, prolonged insomnia etc? Also, if it works in a similar way to Naxalone and is preventing pharmacological mechanisms, I would also assume how much is needed will vary by dosage? For example, someone on 100 micrograms may need much less than someone on 250 micrograms, and preferred dosages among psychedelics users vary a lot. Am I wrong in thinking this? Very interesting stuff, thanks for the insight my friend!

But I can say in regards to benzodiazepines, I have never seen them fail in stopping a bad trip dead in its tracks. Or heard it either. You will still be intoxicated/tripping, but it will end the nightmare. It does the same thing to anxiety itself, something I actually struggle with from time to time. Benzos and psychedelics are probably my two favorite classes of drugs lol, polar opposites yes but I love my benzos.

So essentially what you are saying is the medication stops the trip, but I also seen you mention it doesn't stop things like stimulation. So what about things like anxiety, restlessness, paranoia, rapid blood pressure, prolonged insomnia etc? Also, if it works in a similar way to Naxalone and is preventing pharmacological mechanisms, I would also assume how much is needed will vary by dosage? For example, someone on 100 micrograms may need much less than someone on 250 micrograms, and preferred dosages among psychedelics users vary a lot. Am I wrong in thinking this? Very interesting stuff, thanks for the insight my friend!

But I can say in regards to benzodiazepines, I have never seen them fail in stopping a bad trip dead in its tracks. Or heard it either. You will still be intoxicated/tripping, but it will end the nightmare. It does the same thing to anxiety itself, something I actually struggle with from time to time. Benzos and psychedelics are probably my two favorite classes of drugs lol, polar opposites yes but I love my benzos.
The stimilation that remains from taking APs on top of psychedelics is due to all the other receptors LSD hits. Quite a few. But the hallucinations are due to that one receptor 5-HT2a. Benzos definitely take care of that (the anxiety and stimulation), but not the hallucinations.

Although, we're essentially discussing two different things. There's a big difference between someone having a simple bad trip and being uncomfortable, and a REALLY bad trip (drug induced psychosis) aka a hospital trip.

I love psychedelics and benzos myself. I also routinely take them together. Some of my best most powerful trips I have taken them together, usually the benzo 30 min before the psychedelic dose. I've never experienced a major blunting effect. I think calling benzos a "trip killer" is a bit of a misnomer when compared to APs. Just my subjective opinion though.

I've also experienced psychedelic induced psychosis. I now much prefer APs as a trip killer, for that reason. If things were just getting a bit intense and I wanted to take it down a notch without completely ending the trip, I would reach for a benzo.

Last edited: