• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Rhabdomyolysis on Meth three months ago?

Cinz

Greenlighter
Ok, so I quit using meth. I just have some questions about what happened to me after using meth three months ago that landed me in the ER. Almost every time I used illegal stimulants after I had my first panic attack on meth last year, I ended up in the ER as the drug wore off. Three months ago was the last time I abused meth. My parents took me to the ER and dropped me off. I laid on the bed with IV fluids and thats all. They said they cant give me anything until the drug wears out. I was extremely agitated and delusional thinking I was going to die. The heart rate monitor would beep occcasionally and everytime it did I would get extremely startled. I thought if it beeps again ill die of a heart attack or shock or something, it was traumatizing.

They were also pretty rude to me considering I came in due to a drug-related problem. My heart rate and bp were high, like 150-160/90-100, my normal is 120/80 give or take 5. Heart rate around 140-150. Btw Im 22 years old and 180 lb. I stayed like that the whole night. I also noticed that my BP dropped a little when i lied sideways in a fetal position. This reduced some tension off my stomach and allowed me to breathe properly, and it worked! But when the morning came by, and I had no sleep, the doctor came in to say I have rhabdomyolysis(after checking my creatinine levels). They transferred me upstairs to a real bed, where I had some other IV stuff to clear out my kidneys. I was released the next day.

Now that I decided to give up stimulant abuse in the foreseeable future, could someone elaborate on what was going on? Why was I so delusional, paranoid, and what caused my creatinine and white blood cell levels to rise? Is it something I could have prevented, or could it have been brought on by the paranoia and stress first?

Methamphetamine's effects are too numerous for me to list, however it includes a 10 fold increase of intracellular dopamine through more than one action.

Our brains have two different systems which dopamine effects (many more than this in reality, but two which matter here as I will explain). There's a part where if there's more than average dopamine, you feel good, are high, sexual feeling, etc. The other part of your brain, with too much dopamine, is related to hallucinations, etc.

Panic attacks are due to the surge of norepinephrine and the aforementioned effect

This would explain why some people such as myself don't go psychotic on meth, ever, no matter how long I've been up for, and other people always immediately enter a delusional/paranoid/psychotic state upon their relapse; it's because some people's brains are very poor at metabolizing/processing out dopamine in the part of the brain which has to do with hallucinations etc.

^that's an interesting point Captain.

My buddy tells me about this one friend he has, whom everytime he takes a hit or 2 of meth, he goes completely paranoid, raving about the Feds being onto him. Now this may have cracked me up when I heard it, but I imagine the thought processes going on in this guys addled mind, while completely distorted, delusional, paranoid, anything but sane, was completely real to him...which is scary, IMO. Psychosis is definateley a potential side effect of amphetamines, from mild paranoid delusions to full-on bat-shit paranoiac psychosis or schizophrenia, even.

As far as methamphetamine causing Rhabdomylisis, well, that could be an entirely different matter, completely related to the meth. But if I had to guess, I'd probably reckon that the dope you got may have had some active impurities in it.

It's not uncommon at all, at least around where I live. Sure, any-damn-body can make meth in a Gatorade bottle, but do they really know what they're doing? If they do, that doesn't mean their wont be any impurieties or active principles left from some incomplete or unknown chemical reaction.
Byproducts, pretty much, that aren't supposed to be in dope (and especially not in people), which you end up ingesting, unknowingly, with your dope.

But then again, Rhabdo could be a perfectly common Adverse Reaction to methamphetamine...I really don't know. But I've seen pictures of that brown piss....looks scary!

And don't mind those self-righteous E.R. nurses, they treat everybody that way...just ESPECIALLY drug abusers.
But ya know what my motto is;
"If it's gonna send you anywhere but the moon (or heaven), just leave it be"

Proud to say that in all my years of drug use I haven't once been admitted to the hospital, and as it stands, I have evaded being weeded out and labeled the dreaded "drug addict', or whatever those lame-Os call it nowadays. I've always kind of liked the term "Morphinism" but that implies a "morbid" state due to morphine..
Needless to say, who knows, I may overdose TONIGHT and get carried to the E.R., but I know my limits pretty well by now, so i'm gonna try not to. Only thing I've changed lately is resorting to Meperidine for the past few days....needless to say it's not a keeper, and I really wouldn't be surprised if I had some horrible adverse reaction after using it for ONLY 3 days, but if I do, i'm gonna take it in stride, and when those ER nurses scoff at me, well i'm gonna scoff right back at them...and tell em' they're fat! (even if they're not fat....who am I kidding all ER nurses are fat..at least here they are, ha!)

I can't do amphetamine-like stimulants either.

I thought i'd try meth, why not. I wanted to assess the effects via oral administration first, so i took maybe 10mg or so and swallowed it, what followed is something i'd never like to repeat. 36 hours of being wide awake with heart palpitations, paranoia and an incredible restlessness.

Mind you, off of a tiny oral tester dosage. I concluded that i don't tolerate dopaminergic stimulants at all, and best stay away from them, because the effects were overwhelmingly negative. I had similar experiences with various fluorinated amphetamine and methylphenidate compounds as well.

Methamphetamine's effects are too numerous for me to list, however it includes a 10 fold increase of intracellular dopamine through more than one action.

Our brains have two different systems which dopamine effects (many more than this in reality, but two which matter here as I will explain). There's a part where if there's more than average dopamine, you feel good, are high, sexual feeling, etc. The other part of your brain, with too much dopamine, is related to hallucinations, etc.

Panic attacks are due to the surge of norepinephrine and the aforementioned effect

This would explain why some people such as myself don't go psychotic on meth, ever, no matter how long I've been up for, and other people always immediately enter a delusional/paranoid/psychotic state upon their relapse; it's because some people's brains are very poor at metabolizing/processing out dopamine in the part of the brain which has to do with hallucinations etc.

You might be right but for me I believe I just have an intense sensitivity to stimulants in general. After my first psychotic/delusional episode with stimulants each time after that seemed to trigger it, just like a memory is trigged by familiar stimuli. Ive never experienced hallucinations though, only delusions that Im going to die or something. I think Im going to stop taking stimulants for good now, as Ive only had bad experiences with them. The first few times were undescribable euphoria but I think those feelings are over for good. I dont wanna keep chasing a high or having bad comedowns etc etc. Id rather stay with my normal self as I feel much better. I feel dulled on stimulants

The feeling that you're going to die is part of a panic attack brought on by high norepinephrine levels.

Glad to hear you're stopping. :)