• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Rhabdomyolysis and 2C-I and 3-MeO-PCP Combination?

KetamineVials

Greenlighter
So Saturday night at midnight (technically Sunday morning) I did about 20 mg of 2C-I snorted and maybe 20 mg or so of 3-MeO-PCP. Then Sunday morning I did about 20 mg snorted. I have a big dissociative tolerance. I've done both drugs in the past, and even combined them.

Now, I had an ego death, and towards the end it went sour and thought I was dead. I punched the walls and broke a glass cup and cut myself on my foot, and my head a few times. I was really straining my body. My friend brought me to the hospital. The next morning when he came over.

The doctors are diagnosing me with rhabdomyolysis, and they're constantly pumping me with iv fluids, mostly saline. I keep posting every 30 minutes or so, very clear.

After freaking out and doing some research, I saw a lot of body builders get in the CPK levels. I'm currently at 25,000 earlier I was at 27,000.

I think I overreacted. However, I'm really swollen, but the doctors say it's because of all the fluids.

Should I be worried? They want to keep me here for a few more days, but I'm thinking I should be fine to go home.

Thoughts?

Why did he bring you to the hospital exactly? Sounds like thats still about 2x as high as expected from normal injury? But maybe its a combination of symptoms they take seriously + a normal time for monitoring. I couldn't really tell you if they mostly cover their asses to keep you there (although even for that a few days sounds like a lot, like it's not something casual), so I'd listen to them and not be stubborn.

PCP is certainly known to cause rhabdo, which they probably know too, which is another reason to not shrug it off.

He brought me because I called him and I had cuts. I had a dent in my head that could have been a fracture, turned out it was just swollen after the x-ray and CT scan.

I hurt myself while high.

I'm thinking my cpk levels are so high because a combination of the drugs plus the stress I put my body through. Plus my poor diet. I think I want to go home. What do you think? I just won't do any more drugs, and eat properly.

I think if it were me I'd ask for a proper explanation behind their diagnosis and why it's not just plain myolysis, and whether they are just assuming it because of the PCP-type drug. And perhaps ask what would be so wrong about going home if you have done enough blood panels to give them a trendline, and just keep an eye on particular symptoms yourself. If they give you a reason for either of them that is anything more than bullshit I'd stay. Most of all I think you should decide for yourself.

With a lot of muscle breakdown you should probably rest anyway and just mostly eat drink, filter your blood and only some moving that stimulates blood flow everywhere but not exercise. So you'd have to be taken care of or not have responsibilities taking care of yourself and household anyway - might as well at least do that at the hospital and suck it up for at least another day if not 2, though I'd get if 3 is a bit much if all is well.

So yeah being skeptical, definitely. Flying right past that? no, man.

Yeah, my friend convinced me to stay at least another day. Tomorrow morning when they do my blood tests, as long as it's lower, I think I should be fine to go home.

I've hinged on 3-MeO-PCP in the past, about 15 mg lines, 3 times a day for a whole month. This was around April. A few months before that I did it for about what weeks at about the same dose. This most recent time, I acquired it last Wednesday, and I did it every day since at about 12 mg doses, about 3 to 4 times a day. The day of the 2C-I I think I already mentioned how I did it.

From what I remember reading, 3-MeO-PCP has a long half life, so I'm sure that's why my cpk levels are so high, because my kidneys are still processing it.

What do you think? They're telling me I could have possible kidney failure if I wouldn't have come in, but I think I would have been fine. I've just been abusing is all.

You'd be an idiot to not take them seriously at all... whatever the 'extenuating' circumstances adding up to your muscle breakdown, CPK is apparently found mostly in skeletal muscle tissue, and the ability to filter it by the kidneys makes it a good marker for kidney function. So whatever's behind it, high enough levels do seem to point to skeletal muscle tissue broken down and the kidney not handling it well.

How fast you are clearing it is also perhaps some of an indication of normal injury vs real / different problems to them. Do you honestly think they never did a CPK test before on people with a normal injury situation? Not that I am much of an expert on the medical stuff but jeesh.

3-MeO-PCP abuse bla bla may have played a role but it doesn't really make the situation harmless, it's just a factor but it apparently still was pretty bad and to be taken seriously. 3-MeO-PCP having a long half life doesn't seem like it has much to do at all with elevated CPK levels, what are you just guessing that it blocks CPK clearance?

:\

I'm not at all convinced by your research and reasoning.. I mean you don't have to panic about the whole thing, but you might wanna use the time to seriously consider this instead of downplaying anything. You'd help yourself more by just believing them for now and thinking about what it means to you. You sound mighty casual about it.

I'm gonna wait until the morning and see my new lab results. If it's lower, I think I'll go home. I'm more sore and swollen, I just woke up. I'm getting more swollen from all the iv fluids. This sucks, I don't want to be here anymore. I won't so any more drugs, at least for a while. And if I do it again, I'll do it way less. But being here is making me really sore.

My results are in, levels are at 12,000 now. A lot better. Once I go home and relax and eat right, and don't do drugs, I should be normal with a few days. If I stay, I would be normal by tomorrow, but that's because of all the iv fluids. I can't keep waiting, I need things to do.

Well feel better soon and be sure to keep an eye on that abuse like you're planning, even after you heal from this. That kind of dosing was pretty reckless. I'm sure a compound like 3-MeO-PCP can combine beautifully with a lot of different sorts of psychedelics but it's the sort of combination where I would always dose in very reserved ways. Pushing the limits seems better with other compounds if one must.

The doctor wants me to stay at least another day. She says it's going down fast, which is good, but it's due to the iv fluids. She says when I go home, I just have to eat and drink right.

I feel if I go home now, and I eat and drink right, I should be fine. There's nothing I can do from home to monitor myself. But I feel that it was just a combination of the binging. I won't be doing drugs anymore, I just want to get better. But I don't want to wait another day.

What do you think? She says if I leave now, it's against medical advice. I could faint or something and end up here again. But I kinda think that she wants to keep me here to make money.

What do you think? My levels were 27k around Sunday at like 6 or 8 pm, and on Monday at like 7 or 8 am I was at 25k. Today at the same time around 7 or 8 am I was at 12k. At this rate, by tomorrow I should be good if I keep getting iv. Otherwise, maybe slightly longef from what I'm assuming.

Your thoughts?

I'm only going to repeat one last time that I think you're a fool to wanna ignore their medical advice based on what it 'seems' like to you, and the paranoia about making money .. nah man I really doubt that the doc wants you to occupy a bed meant for sick people for such reasons. Dont know in what country you are but they arent paid by commission anyway - I very much hope.

Would have been refreshing if I werent the only one to reply and not sure if lazy or thinking that 'we already got it covered'.. so thats about it.

So Saturday night at midnight (technically Sunday morning) I did about 20 mg of 2C-I snorted and maybe 20 mg or so of 3-MeO-PCP. Then Sunday morning I did about 20 mg snorted. I have a big dissociative tolerance. I've done both drugs in the past, and even combined them.

Now, I had an ego death, and towards the end it went sour and thought I was dead. I punched the walls and broke a glass cup and cut myself on my foot, and my head a few times. I was really straining my body. My friend brought me to the hospital. The next morning when he came over.

The doctors are diagnosing me with rhabdomyolysis, and they're constantly pumping me with iv fluids, mostly saline. I keep posting every 30 minutes or so, very clear.

After freaking out and doing some research, I saw a lot of body builders get in the CPK levels. I'm currently at 25,000 earlier I was at 27,000.

I think I overreacted. However, I'm really swollen, but the doctors say it's because of all the fluids.

Should I be worried? They want to keep me here for a few more days, but I'm thinking I should be fine to go home.

Thoughts?

WOW

that can kill you

they are flushing out the huge amount of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoglobin with very high dose iv saline. its what you do cos all that myoglobin will fuck your glomerulus and possibly cause permanent renal failure which is fucking fatal

also you could have AKI and maybe not be able to pass urine properly.

has you been pissing lots?

please stay in the hospital . no amount of saved money is worth a reduced residual renal function, maybe when you are 60 you will regret not staying longer haemodialysis is extremely expensive and a horrible thing to have to put up with to live

I'm in the US.

Yeah, I've been pissing a lot, about every 30 minutes or so. If I eat or drink anything that's not water, like juice, soda, etc., its a little dark, like it should normally be. If I don't eat or drink anything, it's pretty clear.

My cpk levels were at 5,050 today when they checked. Here's the trend:

Sunday, Day 1, at about 8 pm I was at 27,000.
Day 2 at about 8 am (so 12 hours later) I was at 25,000.
Day 3 at about 8 am (about 24 hours later) I was at 12,000.
Day 4, today, Wednesday the 15th, at about 8 am (again about 25 hours later) I'm at 5,050.

I'm waiting for the doctor to give me her advice.

Let's just say she says I should stay another day, but I don't want to. What's the difference between me leaving now and just drinking a lot of water, like a gallon a day, plus eating healthy, and drinking Gatorade, vs me staying here with the iv saline and eating the same? Obviously if I stay it'll go down faster, but if I leave, is there a chance it can go back up? What about when my levels are normalized, what's to say the won't just go back up?

Also, the doctor says I shouldn't smoke weed, but I think she's just blowing smoke up my ass. What do you think? Also, what about the occasional beer (when I drink, it's no more than 2 or 3 beers, usually blue moon, and about once or twice a week.) And what about cigarettes? If I smoke, it's when I'm drinking, and about one or two during that night.

And as dumb as this sounds, should I quit 3-MeO-PCP all together?

Finally, my drug of choice is ketamine. How does that affect things?

I don't plan on psychedelics again, at least not for a long time. They're what landed me here in the first place because of the way they make me act.

They're offering me Ativan here, at 0.5 mg via iv. Isn't that bad for my kidneys too?

Thanks for all the posts everybody, it really means a lot.

Last edited:
ketamine is fucking terrible for your kidneys

i would want to know my blood creatinine levels (note not creatine, creatinine is its breakdown product) as its a marker of kidney function.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatinine . its what renal doctors look at when they assess the failure of your kidneys, rabdo causes AKI which causes creatinine to rise as the kidneys become damaged. with AKI you can recover but maybe not fully so get them to check. acute kidney injury can improve but you need to check the creatinine and if its not going down they need to calculate your eGFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate- the ability of the kidneys to filter your blood) so they can see how much kidney function you have left.

i really think you lack an understanding of how serious this potentially could be (renal failure) although i do want to point out that recovery is very possible (to normal function) with every piece of the spectrum between those two points in between a possibility.

the urine if you are passing very frequently would not normally be dark but that myglobin from rhabdomylosis that they are flushing out has a dark brown redish colour

cut out the dissociatives please. they are bad on your kidneys http://ckj.oxfordjournals.org/content/1/5/310.full

if i told you you could have cancer this year it would shock you into changing your behaviour but renal failure is as bad if not much worse. when your kidneys fail you have to dialyse or you die by drowning in your own lungs from pulmonary odema (fluid in the lungs)/high potassium heart rythym dysfunction. people dont always last long on dialysis though age is a big risk factor and it destroys your quality of life, energy levels, sex drive, job prospects etc. dialysis is unpleasant (very expensive in USA) and transplants dont always work or last too long though they are the best form of treatment. if the transplant is rejecting they can give you a drug that is effective to stop it but it costs insane amounts of money https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eculizumab US$409,500 a year in the United States (2010)

cut out all drugs for a while booze included and smoking (bad for the renal arteries). If you come out of this and take away anything make it that if you come out unscathed you have had an extremely lucky escape

dont worry about ativan (lorazepam- its used all the time in renally impaired people who are aggitated) the drugs that will be bad for your kidneys are KETAMINE and 3meo-pcp cannot be good either but the dosage at least is lower. cut these two out and leave them alone. in moderation ket is fine but how many people use it in moderation?

regular ket use can destroy your bladder. catheters and piss bags are fine when you're 70 not when your 28 etc. if you are causing it to yourself. why do that to yourself when you have a good body and a life of possibilities

if anything the rhabdo was triggered by dissociatives as it often requires an injury and then a period of not moving (after people fall for example and stay on the floor for a long time)

Last edited:
The nurse thinks the main reason I'm here is my bruising. My legs are extremely bruised, I'll upload some pictures. She knows about the drugs. When you hurt your muscles, you release a lot of proteins (is how I'm understanding it) which is what caused my cpk levels to skyrocket. Body builders for example have high levels of cpk because of their fast heart and damaged muscle.

I know the drugs played a role, but I think the biggest cause was how violent I was thrashing around and hurting myself.

Per the nurse, it might take a few more days for my levels to lower, which is also the same few days for the bruising to go down.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being too optimistic.

Pictures to follow.

you have your head in the sand with regards to your drug use, most nurses know fuck all about ketamine or any recreational drugs so putting your faith in them with regards to ketamine damage to the body is limited in its use. is this a renal nurse with experience of kidney damage? i agree that muscle damage and injury leads to rhabdo but ketamine itself is a separate issue here with regards to potential for renal failure separate from the muscle damage.

its sounds to me like you dont want to hear that ketamine is bad for your kidneys but unfortunately it is true.

AKI can completely heal BUT if you dont adjust your lifestyle then you could hinder your recovery or if you recover but overall it knocks your eGFR down from 90 to 55 then a few more years of ket on the regular could start accelerating the potential decline. also remember uncontrolled diabetes is a HUGE risk factor for chronic kidney disease (which is not reversible)

https://m.imgur.com/fIu36YQ,aCKL9oq

Those are the pictures.

I haven't done ketamine since about April, the only drugs I've done recently was 2C-I on Saturday and 3-MeO-PCP since Wednesday until Sunday.

I'm thinking the rhabdomyolysis was mostly caused by the injuries, but the drugs added too.

I'm gonna stop doing drugs, but I at least want to know if I really need to stay here for another day. It's driving me crazy :/.

Also, I haven't done ketamine since April. When I have it, I never have more than like 5 grams at a time, which I would go through I'm about 2 to 3 weeks. I would do like 100 mg IM shots here and there, and 200 mg IM shots to k-hole maybe twice a week. Also, I didn't do it all alone, I would split it with a friend who did like 200 mg lines when I would do my 100 mg IM shots. I would k-hole when alone.

just stay and let them flush you out more and ask for creatinine blood levels. its a basic thing that they test for and its the main marker of kidney function. once you know that you know how well the kidneys are working and you could make your mind up more easily, i know in USA there is conflict of interest as they get money out of your stay but at the same time no amount of saving money or time is worth anything compared to kidney function.

hopefully things will keep improving

My cpk levels are 2,400 and they said my kidney levels are normal. I think 0.9? I'll ask again, and for my creatinine levels too.

I'm just here for my foot now, I might have a piece of glass in there. Blah. I'll know later today when the foot doctor examines me and my x-rays from yesterday.