RFD: Embedding VIDEO code into your posts

Would you want embedded video on Bluelight?

• Total voters
Film & Television would probably benefit a great deal as well.

This seems to have some support.

I've amended the second post in this thread to answer any questions and, possibly, to address the conditions you may have as a group.

I'd like to bounce this around the forums again. Assuming we don't get an avalanche of 'no' votes, we'll probably look to set up a trial.

I dont see how this is "beneficial" to a HR forum. I voted for cotton buds because to me it is a non-event.

Trippy, there are a lot of HR videos on Youtube in many languages, particularly with injected drugs ;)

Well, I understand your view, guys, but to me a nice little video beats a link everyday . When the link is integrated in the sentence, it's ok, but when there's just a youtube link, or 50 for that matter on a page, it's really ugly imo.

To reiterate, this would be amazing in the music forums.

Please let me know what you decide

:)

I voted yes, but i dont really care too much, posting a link, or opening a link is pretty easy and still works just fine.

I dont see how this is "beneficial" to a HR forum.
i was originally a strong 'no' vote on this but i think it could have significant hr potential in ed for testing - seeing a reagent test video as opposed to a still image would be a huge improvement.

alasdair

^ I think the argument to that is that people can just post links to these videos like they have always been able to. I think it would be nice to have it embedded though since some people may overlook a link.

right.

but i believe that link vs. embed is a different discussion to video-has-hr-value vs. video-has-no-hr-value.

alasdair

Well video's do certainly have HR value BUT does being able to post them embedded as opposed to in a link really offer any benefit to a HR forum above convenience.

Besides I can see it being used little for HR.

There's more to bluelight than HR, though. It's a social community as much as a public service.

Well video's do certainly have HR value BUT does being able to post them embedded as opposed to in a link really offer any benefit to a HR forum above convenience.

Besides I can see it being used little for HR.

it can be restricted to specific forums if the overall censuses is that videos should be only used for HR.

but i think albion is correct in saying that BL is a community. a lot of posters tend to stick around and share their knowledge with new posters. and i am all for things that keep members around for a long time.

As for linking versus embedding, personally I am way more likely to view something if it is embedded as opposed to just a link. Part of it might just be psychological, but when it's embedded you can get a better idea of what the video is about, how long it is and whether it would be something you want to watch, and quickly and easily view it without having to open a new window/tab (or just view the first few seconds to see if you want to watch the whole thing, etc).

Oh and also disable auto-play (if that's possible) and limit the amount of videos per post.