• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc reversing lyrica tolerance

Tell him/her the gabapentin is no longer working and hope for the best.

Just to let you know it's a very expensive drug.

The Void, most all the posters are correct. Pregabalin, messes with the gabaergic system. I find Pregabalin tolerance to work sort of like benzodiazepine tolerance. What I mean is, you titrate down, give yourself a break for a while, then restart. Doing that by itself can help a bunch, but in reality, somewhere in the back of your head, your brain remembers the level you got to in the past.
I am an optimist. I believe that with serious focus and will power, you can achieve slowly tapering your Pregabalin, a little at a time, down to zero. I say zero for the purification effect it will give you and It will give you time to think if you can ever use this drug therapeutically again.

For the record, amongst other things, I take 300 mg of Pregabalin/day, I take 3mg clonazepam total per day. I have used 2 grams plus of Pregabalin, for recreational effects, I have used 10 mg of clonazepam. It eventually put me to sleep. I have plenty of experience with starting and stopping these medications, including tapering off these drugs.

I truly feel for you. Follow the wisdom in this thread. Take it slow. I have read that you can taper Pregabalin at a quicker pace then benzodiazepines. I have faith in you. Your tough. You can do it.

Uhh yeah, like opioid tolerance could be reversed by administering naloxone/naltrexone. Does that make it a viable option? No. Flumazenil would induce seizures in GABAergic-dependent individuals (including Lyrica I would imagine....), and Naloxone would induce precipitated withdrawals in opioid tolerant individuals.

As far as the NMDA antagonists and amphetamine tolerance issue, NMDA antagonists only do so much, they are not at all the panacea people make them out to be. Can tell you from experience.

I couldnt agree more! Plus about the NMDA antagonist thing, actually they do not reduce stimulants tolerance, they simply increase the action potential which makes every added ATP to be more effective. Stim tolerance come from ATP reduction. So yeah it can alleviate some symtoms of stim tolerance but utimately the combo will lead to increased Ca++ and low ATP which is the best combination for a neurodegenerative problem.

My theory about Benzo is that the drug family is wrong, simply wrong, Basically they are isolating 1 of various effects of Barbiturates GABAa PAM, well the thing is that when used in high dose Barbs are PAM AND agonists while benzo are only PAMs which makes Benzo FAR more likely to cause tolerance and a need to increase dosage with less efficacy. If we could find a GABAa PAM and agonist lacking in any other effect other than GAD inducer or GABA-T inhibitor mabe we would have the best of a GABAa drug, ready to be cycled.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I just had to share my experience with this drug:
-Took 4mg of Clonazepam and 1200mg of Lyrica everyday for 1 year (a bit less probably, like 10 months)
-After that the Lyrica stopped working, it felt as if I was taking sugar pills, but felt no withdrawal
-These things that helped me the most: Using a high dose of memantine (helped the most) and an extremely low dose of amisulpride (25 to 50mg), I personally believe memantine helped the most, but still, it never felt as the first time I tried Lyrica.

The rationale for using the Amisulpride is that it upregulates GHB receptors (although I don't know if it achieves this at the low doses I used, but at such low doses it would elevate Dopamine levels by blocking Dopamine autoreceptors), Lyrica potentiates the enzyme that transforms Glutamate to GABA (Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase) and so elevates global levels of GABA which in turn transform into GHB activating GHB receptors, hence the "XTC feeling" it gives you. I may be wrong though, or it could have been placebo, but at least in my case, it kinda worked.
The rationale for using memantine is simple: it blocks NMDA receptors, and I found anecdotical reports that it greatly potentiates Lyrica. Some of those reports even here in Bluelight.

LaCster also recommended me (via PM) to combine Lyrica and Gabapentin, "Super Lyrica" we called it, but not at the same time because they are absorbed by the L-aminoacid transporter and so they compete with each other. He also recommended using DXM instead of Memantine. Using Gabapentin worked very well I must say, and DXM was ok and it will definetily help you too if you can't get Memantine.

I've never shared this with anyone so I hope it helps or inspires someone,
Charles Ferdinand.

yes for the amisulpride potentiating method , for the NMDA receptor you might wanna try TIANEPTINE AKA stablon good combo

im interested in the dxm lyrica combo cause DXM is a stimulant and might kill the lyrica euohoria you would need more benzo thought

Take less lyrics at one time if u cant fully come off it and then take a big dose in one go like once a week
its shit when the magic goes im stuck on 600mg doctors will not put it up i been on it seven years max dose.
so it just makes me normal, it does get me high if i take 600mg but it wears off after about ten hours.
I used to take 600mg in morning and not need any till the next day

yes for the amisulpride potentiating method , for the NMDA receptor you might wanna try TIANEPTINE AKA stablon good combo

im interested in the dxm lyrica combo cause DXM is a stimulant and might kill the lyrica euohoria you would need more benzo thought

dxm is a dissociative, lyrica feels dissociative at high doses, dxm does have stimulator effects in lower doses i never prooperly robotripped i dont like being dissociated, i did like mixing it with oxy but it made me feel shit next day
Also I find mixing your lyrica out the capsule with hot water makes it kick in faster so may feel stronger?

I recently started taking fasoracetam to help mitigate Phenibut rebound symptoms and (hopefully) lower tolerance. I found that my once weekly Lyrica dose was stronger than usual, which was a pleasant surprise.

I really think cycling/abstinence is the best way to lower tolerance but just thought I?d let you know what I inadvertently found out recently.

I find that tolerance happens quite quickly.

If I take 900mg one night, the next night I'll need 1200mg to get the same effect, and so on. The only way to prevent that is to abstain for a few days

what kind of doses do people take here (in one go) ?

I have used Lyrica off and on for about a decade. Now days, I use it usually once a week (sometimes twice if I?ve got plans) at about 300-600, depending. I have gone much higher to get a fun buzz, but I keep it around 450 because I mostly use it for work, not fun these days. 450 leaves me motivated, slightly happier and much less anxious. Around 1500 gets me pretty buzzed but I don?t do dosages that high anymore for tolerance reasons. I also use Phenibut once weekly. I?ve recently added forasectam and I?ve noticed my tolerance for both drugs have went down despite I?m dosing the same as always.

I like the recreational effects of Lyrica (as well as gabapentin and Phenibut) but it?s such a useful tool in my life that I have a schedule so I don?t abuse them.

I have used Lyrica off and on for about a decade. Now days, I use it usually once a week (sometimes twice if I?ve got plans) at about 300-600, depending. I have gone much higher to get a fun buzz, but I keep it around 450 because I mostly use it for work, not fun these days. 450 leaves me motivated, slightly happier and much less anxious. Around 1500 gets me pretty buzzed but I don?t do dosages that high anymore for tolerance reasons. I also use Phenibut once weekly. I?ve recently added forasectam and I?ve noticed my tolerance for both drugs have went down despite I?m dosing the same as always.

I like the recreational effects of Lyrica (as well as gabapentin and Phenibut) but it?s such a useful tool in my life that I have a schedule so I don?t abuse them.

did you ever experience any side efects with Lyrica, such as weight gain?

and what dosage of Phenibut did you find gave you a good recreational effect?

When I took Lyrica daily, I did. I gained quite a bit. However, I have serious stomach problems and severe anxiety so I basically am able to eat on my Lyrica and Phenibut days, and the other days my stomach is a wreck and I don?t eat. So in short, I am not gaining weight with it now but I?m only taking once weekly. I probably gained 25lbs when I first started taking it on the regular.

Phenibut, oh my Phenibut. I have dosed all over the spectrum. I try to stay at about 2-3g, that gives me recreational effects but doesn?t make me stupid. I have gone up to 10g and let me tell you, it was bad. It causes severe rage and blackouts for me. I am always tempted to take more and more, but 2-3g is a sweet spot so I keep myself there. It doesn?t leave horrible hangovers but gives me that lovely afterglow. The fasoracetam and l-Theanine are making a huge difference in my rebound days. They basically wipe away all the after effects of high dose Phenibut for me and I would recommend those for anyone looking to routinely take gaba b drugs.

^Thanks Pharmacybandit

the only side effects of Pregabalin I've noticed so far is loss of libido and an odd numbness in my top lip. I'd better weigh myself soon

Forever Changes, I actually have the opposite affect with my libido. That?s one of the things I love about it, just another way it makes me more functional, haha

^Thanks Pharmacybandit

the only side effects of Pregabalin I've noticed so far is loss of libido and an odd numbness in my top lip. I'd better weigh myself soon

Lyrics makes you crave carbs really bad... Especially sweets... A but self control can negate weight gain but it's hard.

As for tolerance, it rises after 2-3days then literally no amount of the drug will do anything recreational. (but it is much more dangerous than first thought when it was introduced).

Lyrics makes you crave carbs really bad... Especially sweets... A but self control can negate weight gain but it's hard.

As for tolerance, it rises after 2-3days then literally no amount of the drug will do anything recreational. (but it is much more dangerous than first thought when it was introduced).

dangerous in what way?

Is it a CNS depressant that could stop you breathing if you take too much? I never combine it with any other drug