View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Reverse tolerance to DXM's effects?

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
I used DXM over the summer of '16 about once every three days, usually first or second plateau. I stopped abruptly in the beginning of August, and had one more (Horribly failed) CCC trip in September. After that, I have rarely used DXM until recently, where I take ONLY double or even one and a half times the therapeutic dose, and after these doses (Usually at least one or two weeks apart) I am able to get more and more visuals and head-space than I used to get from even mid to upper second plateau doses. I get amazing, colorful geometric patterns in my vision in dark rooms and I have the most abstract of thoughts and the deepest appreciation of all music, but am only taking what are considered to be sub-threshold doses.

Is there a such thing as NMDA reverse tolerance? If not, then what the hell is going on with my tolerance? Is this normal after a 4 or 5 month tolerance break?

DXM highs are just really unpredictable but two things I know will always happen to me is, the floor will feel like a trampoline and my jaw is going to be clenched. Don't use CCCs they're extremely dangerous in large (recreational) dosages and if you don't want DXM to lose all its effects only use it once a month MAX. I mean it'll still work with a tolerance but it won't be nearly as good, I personally try to only use it every other month.

there's a skill component to tripping with dxm. if you've got the skill down, you can get trippier effects at every dose level.