View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Reuse Needle within Seconds?

KetamineVials

Greenlighter
First of all, sorry for making a new thread, I don't know how to find that IM thread. Anyway, I just purchased twenty-five 10cc luer-lock syringes (so when I prepare my vials, I only need to push everything through the micron wheel filter ONCE and discard the filter right away,) and twenty-five 25g, 1" needles. Now, whenever I IM ketamine (no more than once a week,) I take a 200mg shot and it's enough to take me to the wonderful k-hole. My vials are concentrated at 100mg/mL, 10mL (1,000mg of K) per vial.

Since my syringe & needle supply is limited (supply isn't the real issue, I can always buy more, my biggest concern is IMing too much liquid & ketamine into a SINGLE site,) I was wondering everybody's thoughts reusing my syringe and needle as follows:

1) Draw up 2mL into a single syringe/needle combo.
2) IM 1mL into left leg quad, remove needle from leg.
3) Unsure if this step is necessary, but wipe down the needle with ISO alcohol.
4) IM remaining 1mL into right leg quad.

Since it's all being done within seconds, I can't see bacteria being formed on the needle. The only downside I can see to this is the needle getting slightly dull due to the injection into the rubber stopper to draw up the 2mL and the injection into my quad, so by the time I get to my 2nd quad, it'll be slightly more dull.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Bacteria can get on getting pulled from your skin when you take the needle out. Alcohol should help but is not 100% reliable. You won't get an infection / abscess for sure right away but just know that on the long term this can be russian roulette.

Also, something to seriously consider:

2328527271_5e2fd3f25e2432.jpg

You really damage your skin and muscles a lot more any second time. Imagine how gnarly that dull tip is going to tear through you.

Next time buy bigger syringes. ;) I thought you were gonna overstock everything just to be sure. Why don't you just use every needle just once man, by my calculations that gives you 12 weeks to save up (as a figure of speech - or not) and order more materials.

Bigger syringes? I think you misread my post, I purchased 10cc syringes, not 1cc syringes lol. I bought that size so I could draw up 10cc of solution in one go, mix it up with 1,000mg of K, and draw it all up in another go in another new syringe, then shoot it all into my 10mL vial through the filter in one go, thus effectively only using one micron wheel filter. Preparing each vial will consume 2 syringes, 2 needles, and 1 micron wheel filter, and I'm planning on preparing 3 vials. A little off topic, one of them is S+, the other is racemic, and the third is gonna be a 50/50 combo of my two batches of K, essentially giving me a 1:4 ratio of R-:S+ ketamine. I've found those K-holes to be extremely weird, and I love them!

Back on topic, the reason I'm asking what I am is because I don't know if it's a good idea to IM 200mg of ketamine (2mL) into a single spot, less due to the fact that I'm going through a lot of supply (they're dirt cheap!) So I'm planning on drawing up 2cc into a 10cc syringes (200mg), and only shooting 1cc into my left quad, then re-inject the needle to my right quad and shoot the remaining 1cc.

Here's a new question, is it ok to IM 2mL (200mg of K) into a single spot? Is that too much?

I don't even like the fact I have to draw and inject using the same 25g insulin syringe for my TRT....and the few times I've had to relocate to a new site (hit blood vessel or nerve), I could already feel the blunted tip making it harder to pierce the skin.

My 2c

Oh sorry man, my bad. Yeah in that case I think you are making a too big a deal about injecting 2 ml into the same spot, especially if it is just the once per week. It should enter the blood stream pretty quickly. It's more about there being a maximum volume you are supposed to inject into a muscle, you may want to look that up but I think it is only slowly starting to get an issue above 3 ml - not sure if it depends on the muscle. Definitely don't go too shallow and inject subcutaneously... then it can get too much more easily I imagine.
It's not like putting an extra needle in your other quad is so great, just massage the shit out of that quad and it should not only speed up recovery but also minimize semi acute soreness.

I didn't always used to cycle my muscles and initially stuck to my quads, well after a long K session and no proper massaging that could feel pretty sore. Also I've had other strange things from it like apparent spontaneous bouts of analgesia in those sites. There are a number of things to be careful with, like avoiding nerves when you inject and cycling muscles if you repeat... but afaik an injection like this should be okay. Watch some videos about proper IM technique to avoid botching something, the US army apparently made some good instructional vids. But maybe you are adept already.

What didn't feel so okay though is some of the tryptamines I have for IM in vials. I dissolved some of those using citric acid and I clearly used an excess even though I thought I had the stochiometrics correct. Stings like a motherfucker.
Then again lactic acid also does when straining your muscles. I wonder what kinds of mild muscle damage don't matter, since from what I understand if you do weight training you also intentionally damage your muscles and they just are repaired but more of them. I guess some kinds of damage create scar tissue or something?

Yep, I did some Googling and found out that 3mL is the max, but try to do no more than 2mL into the quads (do the 3mL injections into your glutes.)

Looks like I'll be sticking to one leg at a time! Thanks for your help! I can't wait to get home and prepare my first batch!!! :D

Never reuse needles, basic stuff unless you want to lose a limb!

I finally got home, prepared my vial, but my concern lies here: while pushing the solution through the syringe -> filter -> needle -> empty sterile vial...

After my syringe was empty, I kept applying pressure and noticed a little bit of liquid made it through the needle. I pulled back on the plunger ever so slightly (with the needle still in the new, empty & sterile vial) but the needle wasn't in contact with the liquid, so I was just pulling back some air. I noticed some liquid formed in my syringe, so I immediately squirted it back into the vial. As soon as I squirted, I realized that what I had pulled back was the liquid that the filter was holding (I know you're not supposed to use filters the opposite way, I didn't think about it until it was too late) and I figured that what I was putting into my sterile vial was possibly bacteria being held by the filter.

After I was done, I was excited to finally have created my first K vial, so I immediately went through the proper channels and IM'd 200mg into my left quad. I assumed that whatever bacteria I may have squirted into my sterile vial was probably dead due to the benzyl alcohol. Now, I'm out of the K-hole and my left quad is very sore. I've never IM'd anything into my quad, so I don't know if this soreness is normal or not. I'm worried that maybe I messed up. Can anybody chime in?

Also, for what it's worth, I worked out my legs extra hard yesterday at the gym, so my quads were already sore, but not like this. And now, only my left quad is sore in that spot, not my right one.

Don't stress buddy, if it feels like it's just bruised/corked you're fine :) it'll go away very quickly.

If you were doing IM injections regularly, this soreness eventually stops presenting itself at all.

Your question has been answered. If its sore, just rub at the area, its not unusual for IMs to feel that way.

I really just came here to save that picture to show all the dicks at my work who like to attempt drawing blood, or cannulation with the same needle. Yes, actual trained healthcare professionals.