• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Retiring from heroin

Felonious Monk

Bluelight Crew
Today is day 7 without heroin. Yes, real heroin, I've been sourcing self-tested fent-free quality product since at least 2016. Before that I was on oxy PM, so I've basically been on daily opiates since late 2013, and occasional before then for some time.

I've finally gotten to a place in my life where I'm ready to put down opiates. I finally have enough meaning in my life that I don't need that crutch. I know that's what heroin was, a literal crutch to make life livable. Well I found a life I can lead so I'm ready to try life without heroin.

I don't know else there is. I don't have as much support as I'd like, since my habit was an absolute secret from everyone IRL. I never liked NA meetings much either but I live in a city so maybe I'll try one, not many in my neighborhood tho.

Guess I just wanted to start a thread here and say what's up. I've been on BL a long time, used to mod DC.

edit: I suppose I should mention--heroin only. Been supporting my sobriety with Ativan, Phenobarb, Gabapentin, and coke.

...I don't have as much support as I'd like, since my habit was an absolute secret from everyone IRL. I never liked NA meetings much either but I live in a city so maybe I'll try one, not many in my neighborhood tho....
I'm not a big fan of 12-Step programs but I used to attend meetings regularly. What I do like about AA/NA is the camaraderie-- I enjoy socializing with other alcoholics and drug addicts in recovery.

Not all meetings are the same. I'd suggest that you check out a few different groups to see if there's one that appeals to you. There are also online meetings. Drunks and junkies are some of the most wonderful people in the world when they're not fucked up.

Best wishes on your journey!

Well done on 7 Days, Are the other substances a problem or you just using them for H detox
No, only opiates are a daily thing that is any issue. (cannabis is legal here and I generally don't like coke. regularly I only use cannabis and heroin with a little Rx'd meds.)

I'm not a big fan of 12-Step programs but I used to attend meetings regularly. What I do like about AA/NA is the camaraderie-- I enjoy socializing with other alcoholics and drug addicts in recovery.

Not all meetings are the same. I'd suggest that you check out a few different groups to see if there's one that appeals to you. There are also online meetings. Drunks and junkies are some of the most wonderful people in the world when they're not fucked up.

Best wishes on your journey!
That's a good suggestion, thank you. I live in a really chill neighborhood too so there's prob some good meetings.

Good job again, finding a replacement for H is going be biggest problem which you said you found, Going to AA might be more of a temptation seeing ex users who's really not clean .

Today is day 7 without heroin. Yes, real heroin, I've been sourcing self-tested fent-free quality product since at least 2016. Before that I was on oxy PM, so I've basically been on daily opiates since late 2013, and occasional before then for some time.

I've finally gotten to a place in my life where I'm ready to put down opiates. I finally have enough meaning in my life that I don't need that crutch. I know that's what heroin was, a literal crutch to make life livable. Well I found a life I can lead so I'm ready to try life without heroin.

I don't know else there is. I don't have as much support as I'd like, since my habit was an absolute secret from everyone IRL. I never liked NA meetings much either but I live in a city so maybe I'll try one, not many in my neighborhood tho.

Guess I just wanted to start a thread here and say what's up. I've been on BL a long time, used to mod DC.

edit: I suppose I should mention--heroin only. Been supporting my sobriety with Ativan, Phenobarb, Gabapentin, and coke.

Same, but with long periods of sobriety inbetween (ie on Methadone then getting off methadone for two years then slipping back into daily smoking 2-3 times) and I'm on my 26th day off Heroin,
Actually your situation as mentioned above is almost identical to mine, even down to using the gabapentin (which I used to get me through the withdrawal process and which I credit it in terms of it allowing me the ability to get through the acutes and PAWS). The only real difference is that I wasnt a mod and I dont do cocaine (I just dont like it), nor Phenobarb or Ativan.

Congratualtions on finally deciding upon your retirement from Heroin. Keep busy man, get that dopamine from elsewhere. You're doing good now so lets keep it that way. Keep away from ANYONE who's actively using. Well done to you.

Last edited: