• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Results of my first Adderall binge (72 hours)

WhatWorks33

Greenlighter
I'd never abused my adderall. I've been on it for over a year and generally only take it PRN. I quit drinking alcohol because I can't tolerate it (I black out) and I needed a distraction after an emotional argument with my guy. So I decided to snort 7.5mg of adderall... that turned into a 3 day binge that has opened my eyes to some seriously promising opportunities.

It started off with snorting 7.5mg then taking the other 7.5mg orally. I got the nornal amount of energy I usually do but a little more motivation. I added another 7.5mg line snorted about 2 hours later. I started getting this "nothing can upset me" feeling which was just what I needed because my guy was doing everything he could possibly do to try to upset me. I decided I needed to keep this numb status at least 24 hours so I could make some decisions without my emotions clouding my judgments. I got a lot done that day and I believe my ending adderall total was probably around 75mg.

Stayed up through the night and started day 2 with parachuting 15mg. I started getting HAPPY! I hadn't had that In a while because I've been in a doldrum of gray cloud depression due to the alcohol. When I went outside the leaves on the trees were so vibrant and green. I noticed the rustle of the wind more. Everything started coming to life, things I'd been taking for granted over the last year.

I decided to use my ultra focused happy state to read some personality studies and listen to some podcasts on the psychology of emotions and I really absorbed it much better. I did have the side effect of some swollen taste buds from either the amphetamine drip from my sinus or my excessive 24 hour straight ecig use but I put some anbesol on it and continued drinking lots of water and it was bearable. By the end of day 2 my running total was approximately 300mg.

I thought about going to sleep that night but id been reading everyone else's experiences with the come down off an adderall binge and I was concerned I wouldn't make it to work at 730am if I did go to sleep so I decided to keep it going. I had also read warnings that you shouldn't go to work on a binge because you won't think people know you're tweaking but people will know you're tweaking. .. and I work with emergency room doctors and doctors of pharmacy very closely and personally. I took the risk and I'm glad I did.

My guy called and we had one of the most clear and goal oriented conversation's we've ever had and I know why. My emotions weren't blinding me. I wasn't a zombie or numb anymore but talking about our problems wasn't opening up wounds for me and causing anxiety so I was able to logically sift through them and accept blame where it was my problem and give criticism without being inflammatory. It was a turning point!

I started work at 150% my usual efficacy. And it didn't affect my accuracy one bit. I didn't talk anymore than usual (I actually think I look like a tweaker more when I'm sober or hungover than after a 48 hour binge!) No one had any idea! I took regular breaks to snort lines of 7.5mg to 15mg.

Around 7pm of day 3 I started getting really cool visuals. Everything I looked at kind of looked like the matrix (mostly electronic back lit screens or lights.) I started musing about how I feel I can actually see energy moving around me. If I looked closely I saw what looked like dust floating around every inanimate object in my office. The walls had patterns that if I just let my gaze go relaxed I could visualize little puppet plays like sword fights or ballet from the patterns in the paint or grain.

At this point I thought I should stop bumping to hold on to the binge but I had one problem... I had 5 more hours or work. So I said screw it and took a 15mg line. It gave me that boost and I finished my shift with an energetic and happy finale.

The fun part begins as I'm walking out to my car. The running total by now is approximately 500mg and 42 hours in. It's really dark in my hospital parking lot and I looked up as I was walking to my car and the stars looked alive! They were about 5 times as big as usual to my naked eye thanks to the dilation and added focus. The leaves on the trees were moving with such energy that if I stared at them I felt I could unlock the secrets of the universe.

I got in my car and just watched the leaves on one of the trees dance in the wind and it was the most beautiful performance I'd ever seen. I decided I needed to get home before it got any more intense though. I started driving home and I had to be ultra focused on the road just ahead of my lights reach because every sign post or object on the side walk started resembling living things. I felt like something was gonna jump out in the road or I would not realize the difference between a human in dark clothing crossing the street or a shadow so I shook it off and got serious.

Every shadow I saw was really cool looking. If you think of the characters in peewee'peewee' playhouse that's kind of how these beings looked to me. Speed limit signs, fire hydrants, stop signs. It was a whole new world to me. The cell tower on the side of the interstate was completely invisible except for the bright shimmering light on top that was flashing and moving vertically so it actually looked like a fireworks finale! I started giggling.

I made it home and I didn't want this to end so I took another line of 15mg and ate 7.5mg orally... smart right? I had the next day off so I figured if I couldn't sleep then oh well I'd do it tomorrow. I watched the paintings in my room show me entire scenes of boats rocking on crashing waves and dolphins jumping. Another painting of a mountain transformed into a giant face or an orangutan that popped out in 3d form looking at me. The letters on the screen of my cell phone danced around like a ouija board. I felt in an entirely different planE of existence. I hadn't felt like this since my ecstacy and ketamine binges in 2000.

About 4am (70 hours into the binge) and 575mg total... I laid down and decided to let myself come down. I thought it would be rough since I'd never taken this much adderall... not even close. I closed my eyes and let myself drift off to the auditory hallucinations of the electrical buzz of the turned off television set, the perussive rhythm of the ceiling fan, and a laser light show in my own minds eye. I fell asleep completely content and woke up this morning at 730am completely refreshed and in no way hungover or depressed. My emotional clarity is still here and I have plenty of energy.

I could see why this is a desirable journey for people! Thank you for reading my story!

That's cool sounds like you had a good time. I am glad you made it through the journey with positive experiences and emotions. Just be careful in the future, sounds like you know what you are doing though so I hope you will be okay the next time.

Def sounds like a good time, and for better or worse drugs can help you through short periods of hard times. However I feel the need to say that drugs in general will never ultimately lead to any "seriously promising opportunities". If this is the first time you went all out of course it was fun, and probably feels like you discovered this magical thing. But as I'm sure you know, the highs operate with diminishing returns, and there's a host of health problems abusing any drug- especially amphetamines. Not to be a downer or lecture but that one statement caught me.

For sure but having the pharmacy resources I have available to me and the knowedge of available treatments I now have a better idea of which direction my psychiatrist needs to take when I see him may 5th. Need to focus less on depression and more on focus and anxiety because once I'm focused and I'm not fixating on fears or past hurts that depression lifts.

I've made notes :).

I'm glad you are OK. Be careful with the Adderall/Dexedrine as you could wind up addicted to it, or become out of control frequently on it like you are with alcohol. Stay safe.

Thanks! Alcohol is a no go for me because of a physical restriction with my intestines. It goes straight to the small intestine so it's too rapidly introduced into my blood stream.. voila black out.