View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Restless leg syndrome trip?

psyckokilla

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever taken a dose of ellessdee that gave them constant restless leg syndrome? It been 12 hours haven't slept my muscles are dieing i cant stop flexing and stretching has this ever happened to anyone else? The hit wasn't strong at all kinda weird...could this have been something else?

modern civilized man never gets chased. this is why contact sports and zombie movies are so much fun-- they satisfy a RUN AWAY DON'T GET EATEN instinct that we all have repressed.

can't catch me i'm the gingerbread man!

Last time I smoked DMT I was filled with all this electrifying jittery energy and just had to get up and go for a run (even though it was freezing out).

...The most pathetic excuse for a syndrome. Check out its criteria:

"# an urge to move the limbs with or without sensations
# improvement with activity
# worsening at rest
# worsening in the evening or night"

It's called being restless and having excess, unburned energy.

^ not quite. RLS does not go away with activity. moving or 'USING IT' gives a symptomatic relief only during said activity. the point is that as soon as activity is ceased, symptoms return, regardless of intensity of activity. you could run until you tear a muscle, it just returns upon ceasing activity. the 'excess energy' cannot be exhausted, so to speak (it is a CNS dysfunction, the signal has become unhinged from its normal connection with the muscle).

to the OP: it works much like tinnitus, it can be psychosomatic in origin, or a result of drug use, or a combination of both. usually, when drug induced, it subsides after a while, though it can last up to several weeks (in varying intensity).

Last edited:
RLS is actually legit. It can be very irritating and almost painful. The urge is more like a very extreme tension. A very weird and unpleasant feeling in the knee area. THe only thing you can do is pace around and as soon as you sit down it comes right back. Taking a hot bath can help while your in it also. Also, it is definitely not a case of pent up energy because it strikes most people at night when they are trying to go to sleep.

I get it everyone once and a while but it seems to be triggered really badly for me when I take Benadryl. It is also often a symptom of opiate withdrawals. I have experienced it while quitting kratom.

I've never had it on LSD though. Ironically, kratom (or a real opiate) completely masks the symptoms. If it really bothers you, you can take some kratom as it does not dull the trip just takes away excess stimulation and other side effects. Just be careful as it can be addicting.

what i was asking was could this have been a research chem that caused the RLS? I have read that 2c-whatever has this as a side effect because although it could have just been low dose it did feel different....more rolling then tripping..and the movements..

acid has been known to feel stimulating, so this symptom is NOT a good reason to think you have bunk acid.

the criteria for "false acid" is mostly timing and steep dose-response curve. eg, if it doesn't kick in for 2-3 hours, it might be DOx. if 1 hit gets you tripping but 3 hits gets you crazy for 36 hours, it might be DOx.

^ This. Psychedelics often give you lots of energy. This is not out of the ordinary.

And my bad for talking down RLS.

ok im over it lol i didnt think it was fake just that maybe it could have been something else other then lsd because it felt different then the other dozens of times ive taken cid.

hahaha good one. blotter might have been a 2-c chemical on blotter, did it have a bitterish taste or anything i dunno, if rls is seems that bad just imagine not having legs that worked that would be a bummer.

Leg tourettes. I've had some restless legs on mushrooms before. and on trichocereus peruvianus... I think thats what people mean by body LOAD. legs would straighten out and id pull them in, spring out, alot of limb flexing twisting. I suppose I could have transferred it into useful energy though but I had fasted and didnt want to. next time I guess i'll go running or something.

It's a dopamine issue. Depending on the level of opiates in your system when you cessated, the more dopamine bombards your central and peripheral nervous system. 8 days ago I cessated from 1 tablet 10mg of Methadone per day.... so my rls is probably insignificant compared to others... needless to say, I have slept about 45 minutes over 48 hours. It's torture... better than the Dysentery-like runs and extreme weakness from coming off high doses, but it sucks ass. I am fortunate to have a family doctor personally handle my taper to cessation... and I did it 2 months early. I called him and he prescribed clonidine first... Xanax as a last resort. Short term...only until the RLS subsides. It's gonna be a damn good day walking into his office a few weeks from now and handing that Methadone script back to him. 2 years waiting for this moment... I am Fu#$ing ecstatic. Hang in there everyone... it takes time. 3 years ago I was using 30-40 1600mcg Actiq sticks PER DAY for chronic "Acute Onset Common Migraine" I needed it for pain only in the afternoon but had to take it all through the day because of the extremely short half-life. The day I entered a facility to cessate the Fentanyl was the first of the worst 5 days of my life. I wouldn't do it again.. My point is the symptoms I experienced after discharging myself after 5 days (the staff "hadn't noticed" that I hadn't eaten or drank anything in 4 days) I was dying from dehydration... my lips bled if I even twitched them... I crawled to get anywhere.. They brought me a smear of Vaseline for my lips. The suboxone doesn't work to well when you have no saliva... Hospital emergency room affiliated with rehab facility saved my life. 2 days inpatient. No Charge. Again... slow and easy as you possibly can. It's gonna suck a little when the last dose is gone, but it's tolerable this time.. and I am the happiest sonofabitch on earth right now... proud.

This "LSD" I had bought which is definitely not LSD gave me an insane amount of restlessness, but I suffer from RLS when I'm sober.
It makes for a very uncomfortable trip.
Did this drug have the visuals peak at 3-4 hours? If so we may have taken the same drug, all my friends got the same restlessness.
As well a high dose of moxy will do the same thing to me.
But as I said I suffer from RLS all the time anyways so most psychedelics definitely add to the restlessness.
There's many times where I can't stop fidgeting or adjusting how I'm sitting during a trip, or I get very annoying back cramps.

...The most pathetic excuse for a syndrome. Check out its criteria:

"# an urge to move the limbs with or without sensations
# improvement with activity
# worsening at rest
# worsening in the evening or night"

It's called being restless and having excess, unburned energy.

That is a pathetic excuse for a reply! It is pain inducing up to severe levels - I'm on Oxycodone and it still doesn't sort it. Imagine being exhausted and in agony and if you stop moving it gets worse. I get it for up to 18 hrs a day and it has had me at the brink of suicide on numerous occasions. It is the fucking ignorance of people that means it is not looked at properly and many many people suffer their whole lives and many kill themselves from it. I have walked and exercised til I collapsed and could only roll on the floor to try and stop the pain. I've lost my job and hobbies and life because of it and the knock on effects of chronic insomnia and pain.

If you are going to post something do some bloody research - the net has enough shite on it.