• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest In Peace, Alan (xtcxtc)

This man lived a life few of us can even begin to fathom...I doubt he is "resting in peace". My bets are that wherever this soul is he's doing the best he can to keep the party going.

May his soul rest in peace.
Thank you for giving us this amazing site, R.I.P my friend.

Damn i wish i had his life. Gamble and get rich!

Hopefully BL won't turn to night walking to pay the bills!

I just don't have any words....

Thank you Alan. You saved lives and helped even more take them back from the depths of addiction, depression, and countless other worldly sorrows. For that, we are forever in your debt. If only there were more like you...

holy shit!
thats crazy. who would have thought, $600 million?

what a great thing he did for us.

I cant say that I personally knew Allan, or even spoke to him. But, by reading what has been written,I can tell that he was a very respected, important and prominent figure in the development of this site,and knowing this, i feel that i must pay my respects to him for him efforts and care in developing this great site.

Ive only been a member of this site for a month, but im starting to realize this site for what it really is.

Allan has dealt a hand in making a wonderfull site, and has helped plant a seed that can become something of great importance.i believe now that this site can become a wonderfull thing, a plethera of self help and harm reduction information,as well as a place for like people to gather and share ideas and information as a strong community.

I feel i owe a great thans to Allan and all the poeple who play a positive role in the development of such a site.I feel this site is on the advent of a new age of information,and will play a great role in providing people with helpful and life saving information.We must give respect and thanks to the people who play an outstanding role in the bluelight community, people such as allan.

In closing, I give my deepest respect and thanks to Allan and all the poeple like him.May we all learn from such people and return their kindness and helpfullness in our own ways.
Rest in peace, Allan.

Peace and love-
-Rye-

Thank you Alan.

Your patronage of this site has helped save many lives & aided in the education of many more. That is a truly wonderful legacy to leave behind & it will be fondly remembered.

Rest in peace my friend, & thank you once again.

wow, fuck...i just found out about this. you know, in some places of the world they celebrate the dead...that their soul has now ascended into the "nexteryear". Alan, if you can hear me :\ ...i'll be trippin there with you soon enough. Dare I say "RIP"? No....Alan IS resting in peace. It's us that are alive that are still stuck in chaos mode. (I don't mean to sound incensitive, I just have a different view about death in general then "the norm". Perhaps having so much of it in my life has stained my somehow...or uplifted? I dunno..whatever..i hold my beliefs to be true)<<<<< Alan, I can't wait to join you bro...but SHIT, are you missing out on one hell of a trip...this LIFE.....this trip of chaos, love, and desperation and necessity.

RIA.....that's "Air" spelled backwards. Everyone reading this just take a sec to take a deep breath for Alan and release with an uplifting chant to the whole, and to Alan.."Ria".....Ria........Ria.........................

Thank you for your contributions to Bluelight, both monetarily and intellectually. You always stood out to me among the masses of bluelighters. One of the posters I would always stop to read.

You seem like the kind of person who has a deep respect and appreciation of community. Thank you again for both participating in and sponsoring our shared Bluelight community. I'm sure you knew just how important this place is underneath it all.

I hope you've found enlightenment and new community in death. Good luck with whatever challenges you now face.

I haven't been on BL for a while and the first thread I see is this :( I'm lost for words.....RIP dude, thanks for everything you've done for all of us, BL wouldn't be what it is today without you. :( <3 <3

"Happiness is the only good.

The place to be happy is here.

The time to be happy is now.

The way to be happy is to make others so."

- Robert Ingersoll

Thank you so much, Alan.

For your kind words.

For being one of the people I have always looked up to as someone who had the balls to do what he loved most for a living WITH CONFIDENCE, no matter how long the odds on the tote board displayed.

You were one of only a handful of people I have ever encountered who taught me WITH YOUR ACTIONS that all-important lesson.

It is the most important lesson I have ever learned in my life.

Thank you, Alan, for all of the countless memories and for all of the other-worldly experiences I would never have had with so many amazing people I would never have met but for your monumental generosity.

Thank you for this incredible community.

But more than anything, Alan, thank you, . . .

. . . for getting it.

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."

- Robert Byrne

I didn't know Alan particularly well, but to the limited extent that I did, I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that in lieu of flowers, all he would want or expect any of us to do is simply this:

For each of us to be inspired by his passion, by his love of life, and by his generosity, and that each of us simply do our respective personal best to pay it forward.

Congratulations, Alan, upon achieving immortality.

You don't achieve immortality, as Woody Allen joked, by not dying.

Rather, you, Alan, have achieved immortality through your works and through the positive impact you have made upon the lives of so many people who have never even had the honor of knowing you.

That tattoo is permanent.

Much Love, Much Respect, and Rest However The Fuck You Want To, Kind Sir,

LL

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. Woods. I have been on bluelight for a long time and remember the fund raising and wondered why it suddenly stopped while the site became better.
Now that I know I can't say thank you enough. Thank you for supporting Bluelight all these years.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there... I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there... I did not die...

Rest In Peace kind man, you will live on.

Rest

Rest in peace. May bluelight live on and thrive in your absence.

May your memory remain until the end of days.

I can only express the sentiments that everyone else has in here.

Thanks for the chats , too :)