• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Respecting Psychedelics for Being Tools Not Trips

Why do you want to trip? To escape to LaLa Land? To go on a fun trip to somewhere extraordinary because mundane life is a drag to you? Forgive me if you are a drag queen and it literally is.

Hey people take psychedelics for more than one reason. Not all can be taught and certainly I didn't drop acid my first couple times because I wanted to be taught something. I wanted to trip!

I mean can we respect psychedelics in a purely recreational manner without requiring viewing them as something that we need to gain lessons from?

Sure I don’t see why not. It’s your body/mind so whether you just want to see visuals and watch movies or whatever that’s purely a personal choice.

My trips in my early twenties were all social and fun trips and I was perfectly happy with that. The time I took the same number of blotters I usually did but from a new supplier changed that for me. Definitely wasn’t prepared for that and it changed the way I looked at psychedelics.

Now that I’m in my early thirties I much prefer tripping solo or with my significant other. I like exploring my mind and looking at the way I’m living my life with a fresh perspective. Doing that in darkness and in silence gives me what I’m looking for. I still have social trips 2-3 times a year and enjoy them immensely but quiet introspection is my preferred method at this point in my life.

There’s no right or wrong answer here.

How could You ask such a thing? 'Tripping' is a tool.

Tripping to escape will unfold many rosies of all shapes and sizes. Careful with that one, Mate...

Sometimes I'm looking for a fun ride. Sometimes I'm looking for some enlightenment. I've had success either way. And outside of dangerous use, I don't think either are "disrespectful" to the chemicals.

It's not the tool, it's how you use it ?

I've always used the different psychedlics for different reasons because they all are special in there own ways. Here is a little list of the ones i use for spirtual purposes and the ones i use for recreation or a playful experience.

Spiritual Purposes:

DMT
LSD
LSA
2C-E
2C-T-7
4-AcO-DMT
Mescaline
Psylosybin Mushrooms

Recreational Purposes:

2C-I
2C-C
2C-D
4-HO-MiPT
4-HO-MET
4-HO-EPT
5-MeO-DALT

This is a general representation of how i use them but you can still have a deep profound journey on alot on the recreational ones I listed but the way I dose those is for a fun trippy night, which usually results in a pleasant afterglow that remains for days. The compounds I listed as spiritual have all had life long impacts on me I'll never forget. There are some more that I will add in a bit, have to think on this.

But I'm of the inclination to use them for different reasons as I feel fit personally. I'm not always looking to have my mind completely blown and take a step in another dimension.

Last edited:
One can do whatever he wants with any drug, it's just that some will be much better suited than others, but everyone will have to experiment to find out how he gets affected.
Some using psychedelics to escape might develop problems related to this use, some might not.
It really depends on one's personality/mindset IMHO.

I was prepared to read yet another self proclaimed shaman new age type try and be holier than thou by telling everyone how the way THEY use psychedelics is the right way.

Thank you for the refreshing change of thought and one I agree with.. When we sit judging others, trying to make them conform to our way of thinking, we are no better than the groups we likely loathed in our earlier years. (Christians?)

Frankly this is how I look at it.. I have full confidence in the psychedelic medicines I use personally and share with others. How someone else wants to use it is their business and if they need to be shown something, they will..

I’ve had some of my most profound trips in moments I intended to be recreational, and I’ve had trips full of intention of planning which had zero substance at all.

The one thing, whether your using recreationally or for personal growth.. Is to use them with respect. You can use them recreationally and respectfully, the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

For me, over the years the recreational aspect and the personal growth aspect have seemed to meld together. Nowadays I’m able to have fun with it while simultaneously using it to better myself emotionally and spiritually.

Like I said, trust the medicine.. Use the psychedelics that work best for you.

Also as CC said, certain psychedelics are more recreational and others more designed for spiritual experiences. It seems phenethylamines can be a bit light hearted in comparison to tryptamines, something to keep in mind.

-GC

Once you overcome your emotional problems and traumas psychedelics for me have become alot more recreational and spiritual at the same time have fun while floating through the infinite reality. I like a strong trip just to explore the depths of consciousness i no longer go into any trip with any intentions i simply bless whatever substance im going to take with good vibes and let the trip take me wherever it goes

I use them for recreation and spiritual purposes. That's why I love 4 ho met. At lower doses its light and recreational. Up the dosage and it becomes a lot more like 4 aco DMT with psychic death and DMT style CEVs. If I want a really spiritual time I recently discovered Vaping some 5 MeO MET while peaking on 4 ho met gives me full on breakthroughs. Visions of gold Mayan pyramids and beings with the bodies of men and gold heads of eagles with faces on all sides like an Alex grey painting or how Hindu gods are often depicted

Last edited:
If we are everything and anything at some point in endless existence, and every moment is to be lived and enjoyed fully, what is MORE spiritual than recreation?

I have been thinking about all the different views on psychedelics that people have...

Led me to contemplating those of us who munch down over and over. Those of us who can say they have been "addicted" to taking psycedelics at any point in time. How much does this influence the collecive conciousness. IF one were to believe we are in the process of evolving/ascending our collective conciousness each individual aspect at a time... Perhaps seeming "hedonistic/non "spiritual" usage of psychedelics is needed to push our collective to critical mass for evolution.

^^Really good post. My only problem with that mentality though is that it is greedy use of a limited resource.

Right now IMO we’re at a turning point, it is crucial that as many minds be enlightened and opened up to the “truth” as possible. Psychedelics are a limited resource, some of them MUCH more than others. It really gets me to watch heady wook types eating ten strips cuz their tolerance is so high, not even really gaining much of value from the experience. When that same ten strip could have changed 10 peoples lives who normally don’t have access to these things.

Recreational is one thing but to haphazardly eating psychedelics to the point of building a decent tolerance and consuming mass quantities of something that is needed elsewhere... That I have a problem with, and IMO isn’t respectful.

We need to be cognizant of the limited availability of some of these medicines. LSD isn’t a good example because right now it’s pretty easy to find, but what about mushrooms, DMT, or especially Mescaline? These psychedelics need to be spread and used wisely.

An example.. I shared some Mescaline extract with a group of 8 myself included recently. The cost and time to make said doses is up there. I had on top of that a single capsule full of pure Mescaline which I was going to consume to take it next level. That said my brother has yet to have a full Mescaline experience so I felt the resource was better spent on someone who hasn’t experienced this yet. Would I have enjoyed taking that? Oh hell ya. But in the end it’s better spent opening someone else’s mind, I’ve already been there and seen what I need to see.

I understand my post is now bordering on the exact shit I denounced earlier, but I guess I see it like this. I don’t care how someone uses their psychedelics so long as it doesn’t interfere with how other people use them (or in this case whether they even get the chance to or not..). Enjoy them recreationally but don’t be greedy, make sure there’s enough to go around.

-GC

As a long time lurker who has only recently started participating in these discussions, I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one G_Chem. While I haven’t read all of your posts I generally find your input valuable and helpful to the community. On this particular issue it seems that we have a difference of opinion.

First, I’d like to say that I admire your generosity and I share a similar desire to share these mind expanding materials with as many people who come across my path and are open to the experience as possible. I’d also agree that in some cases, i.e., peyote & ibogaine, are two that come immediately to mind as needing more protection and conservation than others due to their relatively limited numbers in nature. As a community I think it is in our best interest to protect these resources where possible.

In regards to LSD, I think anyone who has been around a chemist making it it is not that difficult to create large batches. Given that it is very active in the microgram range, a synthesis that yields several grams is an incredible amount to share with the world. For shrooms, anyone with some diligence and an ability to follow directions closely can easily grow more shrooms then they can possibly ever use. Mescaline is a little harder to obtain, but anyone who has grown San Pedro can tell you a forest of cactus is not that difficult to attain either with a decent green thumb. DMT is in damn near everything and again with some basic chemicals you can yield an enormous amount with a relatively crude A/B tek.

The logical problem is the legality of these substances and in LSD’s case, attaining the necessary precursors. However, if these drugs were legal overnight the prices would drop an astonishing amount in a very short time. Another would be having the necessary chemistry knowledge, but even that said an A/B extraction is not that difficult if you take the time to learn a particular tek. Shrooms and San Pedro are good to go as is, and making a tea requires no chemistry knowledge whatsoever.

While I find issue people who proclaim that a particular method or set/setting/intention is the ONLY way to do XYZ substance, I also don’t think it’s helpful to tell others how best to distribute (or not distribute) these substances. It’s always impossible to prove a counter factual, and you can always provide other examples that are equally as likely to come true. What if the kid who takes a 10 strip due to tolerance has such a mind blowing or consciousness expanding experience that they then become an evangelist who sets 10 more friends on fire for psychedelics, who then each turn on 10 more? Or what if, having decided to share them instead, they are given to someone with a family history of schizophrenia and it is the stressor that ends up causing a mental breakdown from which they never recover? And what happens if the media picks that story up and is used to expand the drug war to an even greater degree that ends up putting everyone who enjoys these substance’s liberty in greater peril? The major issue is just that we never know what the future holds.

My overall point is that I don’t think it is anyone’s best interests to project our preferences and assumptions on to others. While not directed at you personally in particular, I always find it amazing that even people who use these mind expanding drugs can still close their minds off to other possibilities or ways of thinking that differ from their own. In my opinion, and this entire post is nothing but my opinion, the greater good for the community is to seek freedom of consciousness and let each individual make the choice they feel is best for their situation. Seeking to control the behavior or attitudes of others is a slippery slope that history shows tends not to end well for anyone.

Just my $0.02

Respectfully,

-Mesc

We need to be cognizant of the limited availability of some of these medicines. LSD isn’t a good example because right now it’s pretty easy to find, but what about mushrooms, DMT, or especially Mescaline?

I'm not sure I'd include Mescaline or Mushrooms in that list, given the amount of people online who are willing & able to (legally) ship you a box of San Pedro, and the easy and fast process of growing shrooms. Certainly compared to something with the synthetic complexity of LSD. In fact, I would say that if you are going to consume large amounts of psychedelics, a naturally available one like Mescaline or Psilocybin (or DMT, perhaps) would be the best candidate. You can relatively easily grow & extract those yourself, whereas synthetics require advanced chemistry knowledge that most of us don't have.

??

Last edited:
Some very good points... I’ll address them as I can.

“In regards to LSD, I think anyone who has been around a chemist making it it is not that difficult to create large batches.”

It takes most LSD chemists years to perfect their craft, this makes synthesizing MDMA look like baking cupcakes in comparison. There’s a reason only a few chemists even do it, because very few have the knowledge, balls and commitment to undergo such a task.

While I’ll agree, one good batch of LSD can supply a country, it’s not easy to synthesize. With that said, this is the one drug I care the least about because of what you just said.

Right now with LSD potency higher than many years past, and cheap as the old days.. I’m not too worried. But I remember what it was like just after 2000 too, droughts do happen. We live in a time of plenty right now, let’s not think it’s a forever thing.

“For shrooms, anyone with some diligence and an ability to follow directions closely can easily grow more shrooms then they can possibly ever use.”

True. But why if it’s so easy are we not absolutely flooded with shrooms? It’s because again it takes dedication and time, things that can be hard to find in today’s society unfortunately.

“Mescaline is a little harder to obtain, but anyone who has grown San Pedro can tell you a forest of cactus is not that difficult to attain either with a decent green thumb.”

Kind of true depending where you live. I have had my garden for years but due to my climate I’m not living in a forest of em. Even then you can only grow a San Pedro like 3ft a year. That’s like 2 doses. Add on to that the fact many modern folks who need this medicine need it in extracted form which I’ll get to in a minute.

“DMT is in damn near everything and again with some basic chemicals you can yield an enormous amount with a relatively crude A/B tek.”

Its only in a select few plants in quantities worth extracting.. Ever tried extracting phalaris grass? I have and I can tell you unless you have a plant to process the shit you won’t be getting much in yields. Also a major waste of chemicals and horrible on the environment..

There’s very few plants in relativity that yield enough to be worthwhile extracting. I do believe there’s others out there that are undiscovered however..

Even with a few ounces of DMT in one batch, it goes quick and there’s a lot of mouths to feed.

“The logical problem is the legality of these substances and in LSD’s case, attaining the necessary precursors. However, if these drugs were legal overnight the prices would drop an astonishing amount in a very short time.”

This would of course end all these problems and we wouldn’t even be having this conversation. This day may be closer than we think, hopefully...

“Shrooms and San Pedro are good to go as is, and making a tea requires no chemistry knowledge whatsoever.”

Shrooms yes, San Pedro however I’m not so sure. This goes back to what I was saying before. Unfortunately 80% of the people I try to give SP tea wind up not being able to finish enough for a proper dose. While I know some people will say “well they just need to get over it, part of the experience,” I can’t accept that and have seen the power this medicine can have even in extracted form.

I see there is some hopeful optimism here but quite frankly if psychedelics were so easy to procure we would see ALOT more of them. The simple fact is, while on paper they seem like they would be, in practice things usually go very differently.

And before I wrap things up, I want people to remember the ecological damage that synthesizing drugs can sometimes have on the environment. Hippies want to save the planet but forget that each dose they take has an impact on our earth, and usually more than you think.

I remember one time doing the math on some synthesis routes for MDMA and the waste was enormous compared to the yields. Not to mention if something like Al/Hg is used then you’ve got potential mercury contamination, etc. Of course legalizing would help this too, but until then...

If someone really feels they need the ten strip, I’m all for it... But we all know that guy who’s eating massive amounts more for bragging rights, the guy who is longvpassed getting something worthwhile besides maybe a hyperslap to the face.

I had one friend who’d eat quarter sheets, I kept telling him to give it breaks and he’d get way more out of it. He eventually, whether consciously or not, took a break then one day ate 3 tabs and had a life changing experience. All I could say was “told ya so..”

I guess in the end, I don’t know everyone and some people may really benefit from that ten strip like you said. But as a provider who knows first hand just how much work it can be to procure certain substances, (lsd being a poor example, Mescaline being a good one) someone who’s seen times where psychedelics were much harder to find, it just gets to me sometimes to watch someone just eat through them for the reasons I stated.

Recreational use I’m all for, haphazardly dosing substances that are limited, fairly destructive to the environment, and could be greatly utilized by others with less access, I’m not about...

One day in the near future, with potential legalization and decriminalization taking place. This may change... I truly hope so :)

-GC

Last edited:
I had one friend who’d eat quarter sheets, I kept telling him to give it breaks and he’d get way more out of it. He eventually, whether consciously or not, took a break then one day ate 3 tabs and had a life changing experience. All I could say was “told ya so..”
Someone would eat 25 tabs? At once or in a session?

Someone would eat 25 tabs? At once or in a session?
In australia i met some very hardcore psychonauts and seen some the cocky ones thinking its a good idea to down a vial to show off, well a hour later the ambulance shows up trying to sedate them during their psychotic break. I have pushed to 1500 ug and wouldn't again two trips at 1000 ug + where one took me 10 + months to return to earth from the dimensions of acid i got lost in.

it was about half full at 110 ug a drop so around 5000 ug +
giphy.gif

In australia i met some very hardcore psychonauts and seen some the cocky ones thinking its a good idea to down a vial to show off, well a hour later the ambulance shows up trying to sedate them during their psychotic break. I have pushed to 1500 ug and wouldn't again two trips at 1000 ug + where one took me 10 + months to return to earth from the dimensions of acid i got lost in.
It takes a while, doesn't it Mate?

Funny... How taking that dosage again will... bring You right, straight back. :LOL:

Ahhh. The consequences of using and abusing tools...

Last edited: