• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Reseting Oxycodone Tolerance

soapdropper

Bluelighter
Hello, I currently suffer from chronic pain in my rectum from a fistula I developed because of my crohns disease. I've been prescribed Roxycodone IR 5mg to take every 6 hours. I take 10mg of oxy every other day and it helps with pain and also improves my mood.

After about a month I've noticed a decrease in the relief it gives me. Instead of taking more I wanted to try and reset my tolerance, I am wondering if a week is long enough to achieve a decent reset. I'm current on day 3-4 and wondering if I should stick it out till day 7 or try it now and see if I lowered the tolerance at all.

This thread may seem a little silly but I am curious if anyone is familiar with reseting the tolerance of oxycodone or similar opioids. Any advice or replies is appreciated!

I don't think a week would've lowered my tolerance much if i could've stuck it out while addicted to oxy, personally. I was on a much much higher dose so that might make a difference. It could help a little. For sure a smaller amount will feel like so much relief when you do dose bc of not withdrawing anymore.

Due to how the way ketamine works upon it's receptor and the receptor that oxy works on, it happens to temporarily lower tolerance.
Which if combined with a period of abstinence, it may be the kind of solution you're looking for.
I'd imagine sub-threshold doses would the preferred dosing for this, I would have to look it up though to confirm it.

A week may be long enough, depending on how long you've been taking the oxy. The durability of this tolerance reset will also depend on how long you've been taking it.

Let's say you were taking this dose for 2 years. A week long t break will completely reset your tolerance but it might only have that effect for another week or so. After that week or so is up you will be back at the same tolerance level you were at before the t break.

With a tolerance as low as yours this probably won't be an issue though. A week should be plenty

A week may be long enough, depending on how long you've been taking the oxy. The durability of this tolerance reset will also depend on how long you've been taking it.

Let's say you were taking this dose for 2 years. A week long t break will completely reset your tolerance but it might only have that effect for another week or so. After that week or so is up you will be back at the same tolerance level you were at before the t break.

With a tolerance as low as yours this probably won't be an issue though. A week should be plenty
Thank you, I'll stick to the week idea and see how things go. I try to space my dosing out to avoid taking oxy every day, I might start doing every 2-3 days after my break if I can. The pain tends to get worse each day the longer I go without taking any, but avoiding increasing my dosage amount is the goal while I'm using these.

Last edited: