• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Research] Hey, Cannabis Discussion - We've been called to do something useful!

Chainer

Bluelighter
Our lovely resident Director of Research, Tronica, has asked that I spread the word - Tronica is running a survey for a group of researchers called the Global Cannabis Cultivation Research Consortium. It's essentially about growing, so I know that a lot of you can contribute a good bit of knowledge and your experiences towards this research request. Please take a few moments out of your day to complete the survey request, it's rare we stoners are called upon to do something here at BL, and now is your chance!

No identifying information will be collected that could be used to match you to your questionnaire results. IP addresses will not be logged.

Here is Tronica's post to us.

Tronica said:
Hello everyone!

I am one member of a network of researchers called the Global Cannabis Cultivation Research Consortium. It's basically a group of people interested in better understanding domestic cannabis cultivation, especially by small-scale growers.

For our current project, we want to better understand who grows cannabis, reasons for growing, methods of growing, and experience with the criminal justice system – and how these factors differ across national borders. We also give you the chance to tell us how you would like cannabis to be regulated in a post-prohibition world and about your medicinal use of home-grown cannabis.

For more information or to do the survey, please head to the Drug Studies Bluelight thread or straight to the project website.

We will return to Bluelight to provide the results of the study and we will acknowledge Bluelight's assistance in our publications.

Thanks for considering participating in our project,
Monica Barratt (Tronica)

Again, the link can be found at our Drug Studies Bluelight thread or straight to the project website.

This has been run by the admin staff as well as myself, and we've cleared it for Bluelight and ask for your participation if you'd like!

Chainer

Last edited:
i recommend everyone puts in there .02c. it doesn't take long to complete and there are some interesting topics and q's!

help legalise the herb.

Thanks to everyone participating, I'm sure it is very appreciated by our research moderator!

Thank you so much! I've only got direct access to the Australian survey (and I can see a few new responses, cheers!) but I'm sure we have also contributed to US, Canada and UK too. They will be stoked.

Of course once it's all done we will have a joint database and be able to do direct comparisons between growers in different countries. Looking forward to reporting back on that :)

Its only for australia, I think all surveys for the other countries are closed. :( correct me if im wrong, cause I would like to participate.

Hi all. Yes all the surveys are now closed. We have been working on the data analysis and putting together papers. We shall post to the website as well as here when we have published - knowing journal schedules that should be sometime in 2015.

We will likely do another survey of growers as a follow-up in future so I'll keep you aware of that too when we get there. :)

Thanks for following up, Tronica. We'll remove this topic from the sticky list pending the arrival of new surveys