requeting few new forums (ideas!)

just say know

Bluelighter
Hi guys! i was wanting to request if we could get a legalization forum up and running; a forum that centers around the discussion of complete drug legalization. also we should have a sub forum that deals with following LEAP; otherwise known as Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

my next request for a new forum is that of non drug relation; survival. we should create a survival forum for posting survival skills, techniques, philosophies, ideas, inventions, secondary sources like links, survival fanfictions (for less realistic talk about survival), and survival stories.

sub forums should include "General Wilderness Survival", "Worst Case Scenario", "Post Apocalyptic Survival: Rebuilding Community", "Survival Guides" "edible, poisonous, and medicinal plant identification", "Survival Stories (real)" "Climate Specific Survival" "Survival Philosophy" and "Survival Fan-fictions (fictitious)"

Each Sub Forum Should have it's own rules of conduct; as to provide accurate information in regarding survival skills. members are expected to state whether or not their skills were obtained through a source. a source can include books, survival courses, TV, Rumors, and online literature. If the person is being creative/sharing general ideas that haven't been tested; the individual should state so.

Finally; a Writters forum! sub forums should include "Published Works", "Fiction", "Non Fiction", "Creative Works", "poetry", "autobiographies", "Memoirs", "articles", "Columns", "Fairy Tales and Mythology", and "Essay's".

Hope to see these new Forum's in the future! any thoughts?

also would we be able to start a chat room on this website?i think it'd make a good social area where people can just talk and enjoy conversation.

Hi guys! i was wanting to request if we could get a legalization forum up and running; a forum that centers around the discussion of complete drug legalization. also we should have a sub forum that deals with following LEAP; otherwise known as Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

my next request for a new forum is that of non drug relation; survival. we should create a survival forum for posting survival skills, techniques, philosophies, ideas, inventions, secondary sources like links, survival fanfictions (for less realistic talk about survival), and survival stories.

sub forums should include "General Wilderness Survival", "Worst Case Scenario", "Post Apocalyptic Survival: Rebuilding Community", "Survival Guides" "edible, poisonous, and medicinal plant identification", "Survival Stories (real)" "Climate Specific Survival" "Survival Philosophy" and "Survival Fan-fictions (fictitious)"

Each Sub Forum Should have it's own rules of conduct; as to provide accurate information in regarding survival skills. members are expected to state whether or not their skills were obtained through a source. a source can include books, survival courses, TV, Rumors, and online literature. If the person is being creative/sharing general ideas that haven't been tested; the individual should state so.

Finally; a Writters forum! sub forums should include "Published Works", "Fiction", "Non Fiction", "Creative Works", "poetry", "autobiographies", "Memoirs", "articles", "Columns", "Fairy Tales and Mythology", and "Essay's".

Hope to see these new Forum's in the future! any thoughts?

I see your posts a lot, and I have to say I do admire your enthusiasm. This is a harm reduction forum, though, and a survival forum just seems way out of place. I don't think it would have enough flow to be worth implementing. Same with the writer forum. There is a Words forum, you can find some pretty writing there.

There is a bluelight room on Tripsit me, as well as a Tinychat room. If I remember correctly there was another chatroom, but it was shut down. Anything else just ends up in the Lounge.

I have a few suggestions I want to pull over here from the OD suggestion box

-board skin options (via Smoky)/color schemes

-chat on the site

-some sort of credibility rating system by which people are judged on the credibility and usefulness of their answers as well as their focus on HR. Perhaps the people who give the best advice and help could have a special title or avatar or something in their signature, much like the BL ambassadors are there to help the noobs. For instance, my experience is with opiates, and someone else's is with meth, and we both give good advice on the topics about which we know a lot, so people can see that our advice is generally good if we give it. It's hard to know who and what to trust, and it's something that could get you killed if you choose wrong.
-I also think, if people were willing, those people deemed credible could possibly volunteer to be on call for emergency questions/inquiries through chat or tinychat or PM or something, with an "on-call schedule". And then if one person cannot answer a question, it gets bumped to the trusted person with the most expertise in that particular field.