• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

requesting ideas to try for sleep

I advice magnesium with CNS active old generation antihistamine (diphenhydramine, dramamine,promethazine - this one is risky, cyproheptadine, mirtazapine - there two would make u fat ), clonazepam/alprazolam/temazepam/diazepam any benzodiazepine in dose that suits your tolerance.
This should put u to sleep.

Another option is nmda antagonism, cannabis, melatonine (melatonine never worked for me).

Another option is nmda antagonism
Dissociatives aka NMDA antagonists cause horrible insomnia in me. They are usually stimulating and eliminate tiredness but sometimes I was so tired on the tail end of the experience, had comedown but just couldn't sleep.

Melatonin also was a downright failure for me, I took up to 16mg and absolutely zero effects.

Buy some proper black out curtains . They stop even direct sunlight . They work incredibly well making the room almost dark at any time of the day.

Hello everyone,

I would like to know any and all ideas for sleep enhancement, including for falling asleep and for staying asleep; ideas can include pharmacological or non-pharmacological, but I'm only interested in options that are legal in the U.S., preferably without a prescription. I have a prescription for Trazodone, but it hasn't been working well enough lately. I'm on a horrible shift work schedule but need to stick it out and suffer through it for a while before looking at other job possibilities. I already take 3 mg of melatonin. Sometimes I take diphenhydramine or doxalymine succinate, but tolerance to these seems to develop quickly, so I only take one of them about once or twice per week at most. Valerian (just little capsules from a local drug store) hasn't helped much. Kava in little capsule form bought off Amazon didn't seem to do much either. Theanine seems to help somewhat with staying asleep. Alcohol is totally useless, just makes me feel nauseous. I suspect that OTC medicines and herbs might work better in combination with each other, but I'm not sure which combinations to try or what's safe to take with Trazodone versus what I should skip the Trazodone when taking. I'm experimenting some with room temperature and already wear an eye cover when trying to sleep in the day time. I often get drowsy at random times like while on the job and have had to take caffeine pills to get through my shifts, yet can't sleep when I need to (which is usually during the day time). Ambient noise has also been a problem, and I'm considering sleeping with ear plugs but am afraid I might not hear my alarm and get up on time. I often have very little time between work shifts to settle down for sleep, sometimes being at work for 14 hours then only home for 10 before having to be back for the next shift. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Hi, most methods will take some adjustment but for approximately 2-3 years now I've managed irritating daytime & nightime noise pollution using audio earbuds (Bluetooth is good) Brown Noise (no, not Anal vapour) or Pink Noise (no, not liberated Vaginal air) If you’re unfamiliar, think TV snow, which is basically "White Noise" but this is too harsh for sleep therefore go for something softer and wider like Brown and or Pink.
Initially the Pink/Brown noise may be somewhat irritating but becomes tolerable soon enough. Also using audio earbuds means you won't miss am alarm if you set it n your phone, hope you find a solution, cheers.

I have been using edible cannabis before bed for a few months, and I am quite impressed. The gummies I get are 30 mg. So I take just one half of the gummy. I've tried a lot of things over the years, as I have a very hard time falling asleep. These definitely put me to sleep sooner than I could fall asleep without them. It might take an hour to kick in, but next thing I know - it's morning.