• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Replacement of Fluids and Frequent Urination MDMA.

Bogeyman

Greenlighter
Hi so there's tablets you can buy at an pharmacy store which replaces and restores sodium and salt levels in your body.
You dissolve it in an Water Glass and then drink it.

Is these any good for usage when Rolling? Or is it Overkill? I heard consuming too much Salt could cause problems while on MDMA but not really sure what kind.

If not then simply drinking some kind of Sugary drink would be efficient enough? And would you need water ALSO or is the Sugary Drink enough?
Is one glass an hour too much or too little when simply laying around chilling, Not moving. In a Room-Temperature environment ?
Normaly drinking an glass a hour while sober is perfectly fine and healthy and you can even do more when not moving. (for a duration of couple hours)
But im not sure how it all works while on MDMA.

I'm the one kind of person who is sensitive to MDMA and get effects that most people do not.

For example I tend to quite frequently need to use the bathroom and Urinate on it. And the color of my waste tends to become very crystal, Like if i'd have been drinking alot of water, Which I havent. Which I think is sort of weird. And I dont know what causes it?
I also tend to get very cold and like to cover myself up in some blanket. (Which is positive in my opinion cause damn it feels good to just cover yourself up and roll around. But not sure about the Health effects and why I tend to get cold)
I also seem to have a hard time sweating, This is the kind of person I am in general. I do not sweat alot.
And on MDMA I dont Sweat at all, Obviously im not in a crowded hot environment with Lights, So it's to be expected I suppose. But just letting you know a little of my body chemistry since I want it to be safe.

Let's take an example, If your body is supposed to Sweat, But doesnt. For some reason, Where does the body then dispose of what should have been lost?

Also on a High Dose I found it impossible to Urinate, Which made me anxious and hence why I never did it again. Becouse I was used to needing to use Bathroom quite often. Not going in an whole night made me nervous. I'm not sure if this would happen again, It might be some kind of tolerance thing, Becouse I find it way easier to urinate now on smaller dosages than I did before. Now on smaller dosages I do it without effort.
Anyway, What I was wondering was. Since Urination cleanses your body of certain things, Holding it in. For long peroids of time, Without being able to sweat etc. Is that dangerous , Or like . What im wondering is, What does the Urination actaully dispose of. And Sweat for that matter, I wanna really get to know everything.

Thank you for reading!

Hi! If your body can't excrete urine, it will sweat. Low dose of MDMA doesn't cause noticable vasoconstriction so you won't get hot if you don't jump around like a madman. :)
A glass of liquid will do every hour, just like when you are sitting around sober. You have to watch for liquid intake when you dance or do other activity that can result in upping you body heat. For dancing, 500ml liquid is recommended hourly, but no more than 1,5L. Drinking over 2L can easily lead to hyponatremia.

There's a condition (anhidrosis) which results in the inability to sweat. You might wanna look into that.

And lastly, almost any liquid will do with high water content. Can be sugary but that doesn't matter, sugar is only for energy. If you urinate or sweat a lot, you loose electrolytes (like salt) from your body and that's what you have to refill. Some salty snacks will do the trick, the pharmaceutical stuff is indeed overkill. You don't have to eat the whole bag, just few pieces every time you drink your glass of water ;)

Last edited:
Those tablets don't sound like a bad idea but a Gatorade/powerade will work just fine. You just need to replace the electrolytes lost through sweat.

Also kinda weird you have to frequently pee while rolling. Most people have the exact opposite problem and can't pee till after the comedown.

Lastly holding in your pee for too long can lead to infections of the urinary tract and stretching of the bladder/difficulty urinating completely. You should be fine if it's a once in a while kind of thing just don't make a habit of holding it in all the time.

Hi! If your body can't excrete urine, it will sweat. Low dose of MDMA doesn't cause noticable vasoconstriction so you won't get hot if you don't jump around like a madman. :)
A glass of liquid will do every hour, just like when you are sitting around sober. You have to watch for liquid intake when you dance or do other activity that can result in upping you body heat. For dancing, 500ml liquid is recommended hourly, but no more than 1,5L. Drinking over 2L can easily lead to hyponatremia.

There's a condition (anhidrosis) which results in the inability to sweat. You might wanna look into that.

And lastly, almost any liquid will do with high water content. Can be sugary but that doesn't matter, sugar is only for energy. If you urinate or sweat a lot, you loose electrolytes (like salt) from your body and that's what you have to refill. Some salty snacks will do the trick, the pharmaceutical stuff is indeed overkill. You don't have to eat the whole bag, just few pieces every time you drink your glass of water ;)

Thx so much for the reply!
So I have one more question, If your body is supposed to sweat and urinate, but doesn't. will it be easier to Overheat? Since everything is getting stored.

Urination has nothing to do with it. There's quiet a lot of space store water since you're 65% water anyway :) Your body can lower it's temperature via sweating (you can sweat without noticing it as it evaporates immediately) and the blood flow in your veins. Also, you gain heat from burning sugar and fat. I take it you're not fat or very muscular, your veins are close to your skin, that's already helping a lot. I only sweat on MDMA if I dance or the ambient temperature is above or around 30 degree celsius, and that's completely normal for me.
If you're concerned, take your temperature if you roll at home, you shouldn't see much difference. :)

Last edited:
Hi so there's tablets you can buy at an pharmacy store which replaces and restores sodium and salt levels in your body.
You dissolve it in an Water Glass and then drink it.

Is these any good for usage when Rolling? Or is it Overkill? I heard consuming too much Salt could cause problems while on MDMA but not really sure what kind.

If not then simply drinking some kind of Sugary drink would be efficient enough? And would you need water ALSO or is the Sugary Drink enough?
Is one glass an hour too much or too little when simply laying around chilling, Not moving. In a Room-Temperature environment ?

Also on a High Dose I found it impossible to Urinate, Which made me anxious and hence why I never did it again. Becouse I was used to needing to use Bathroom quite often. Not going in an whole night made me nervous. I'm not sure if this would happen again, It might be some kind of tolerance thing, Becouse I find it way easier to urinate now on smaller dosages than I did before. Now on smaller dosages I do it without effort.
Anyway, What I was wondering was. Since Urination cleanses your body of certain things, Holding it in. For long peroids of time, Without being able to sweat etc. Is that dangerous , Or like . What im wondering is, What does the Urination actaully dispose of. And Sweat for that matter, I wanna really get to know everything.

Thank you for reading!

those rehydration solutions are definitely overkill. if you sweat and dance a lot, you should not forget drinking and if you drink large amounts of fluid you should drink fluids with some electrolytes instead of just water to advoid hyponatremia. in that case coke or fruit juices would be better than water and isotonic drinks are ideal. but as you're not dancing or sweating a lot (and aren't drinking excessive amounts of fluid) there are no special precautions to take. just drink when you're thirsty as if you hadn't taken anything.

yes, you have do to be a bit more careful about overheating when you don't sweat as much as other people. the main function of sweating is not excretion of substances but rather cooling your body (even if some substances like amphetamines will be present in sweat). if you decide to go dancing in a club on mdma some time, you should be a bit more careful about taking breaks and going to cool areas every once in a while. on the other hand you won't lose electrolytes quite as quickly if you don't sweat much.
i've also noticed that when travelling in tropical environments with different people. those who sweat a lot can take the heat better than those who rarely sweat. being covered whole in a layer of liquid i can stay active in the full sun for hours while much more athletic travelling buddy, who doesn't really sweat at all has to sit down in a shaded place pouring water over his head after half an hour.

not being able to urinate is common with mdma. i get that every time (especially toward the end of the roll). i don't think you get a tolerance to that because it's gotten worse for me with time...
excreting urine cleanses your body of waste products of amino acid and protein metabolism (basically uric acid and ammonia as urea respectively), excessive electrolytes or vitamins and anything that your body considers to be a toxin. some of the mdma is exceted unchanged in the urine, even though the majority is being metabolised by the liver before that.
it's not dangerous if the urine stays in your bladder for a longer time (after all its contents aren't reabsorbed once the urine is past the kidneys). it can only become dangerous if it's so serious that the bladder is beyond full and the produced urine accumulates up through the urether to the kidneys, which is something i haven't yet heard about happening with mdma (and a quick search in the scientific literature didn't reveal anything either).