• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Replacement for weed as a bed for DMT?

I've used Dream Herb, Passionflower and Parsley. Honestly, Parsley isn't a bad smoke, it tastes quite good and you can get it in the spice aisle at target.

anyone tried oat bran as a "leaf bed"? Seems like can have high melting point to not attach flavours like herbs, and i think that can be good choice for retain dmt above the screen too.

Mint leaves seriously work well for smoking hash oil and taste good as fuck. I would imagine mint would work well with dmt as well.

If you're in the NW, the plant mullein is a fantastically smooth smokable herb.

Lots and lots of screens and ashes works well too

You can also use a good old fashioned crack pipe; they work wonders for DMT, easily my favorite tool for vaping deemz. They are sold in many gas stations and liquor stores - often referred to as 'roses' because they come with a little plastic rose, the pretense being that the pipe is a decorative fake vase to hold said rose - trollolol. Some headshops also carry them, usually representing them as being for use with vapeable plant extracts like eucalyptus oil.

If you don't know what kind of pipe I'm talking about, they look like this:

1ETFpY3.jpg

To use them, you just pour the DMT through the hole on top so it rests inside the spherical 'bowl', hold it by the stem, and vape the DMT by holding a lighter underneath (don't let the flame actually touch the bowl, it should be an inch or two away - you'll get the hang of it fairly quickly, just start a few inches away and slowly move the flame closer until the DMT starts to melt. One really nice thing about this method of smoking DMT is that any unused material will remain caked to the sides of the bowl for later use.

The bed is of course used to prevent liquid DMT from just leaking into your pipe somewhere etc, but what about this idea: if you use vermiculite or perlite crumbs either in your bong as a bed, or in 'the machine' instead of the whole ironwool thing that should be just about a perfect material because they have incredible microscopic surface area.

The only thing is: you do not want to inhale stuff like that, so all small particulates should be somehow shaken free and sieved out and washed out first (then dry well cause it's 'designed' to retain some water) before you put them in your smoking device. It is inert and doesn't actually vaporize or anything like that - during production it was heated to incredible temperatures and popped like popcorn so it's quite "done" and cooked, but if you're sucking hard on a pipe and there is considerable air flow you don't want any risk whatsoever of microscopic particles being carried along. Diatomaceous earth is therefore absolutely out of the question, it is similar but pulverizes easily so it's pointless to try and get the dust out.

If you like the herbs then by all means, they are a bonus... but others may prefer limiting the intensity or heaviness of the vapor.

In theory / on paper this could be a good idea, but it needs plenty of peer review because nobody likes silicosis.

Edit: shit I tested perlite and it also crumbles... so I'm not sure how easy it is to prevent small particles from getting inhaled, it may depend on the smoking device.

If only there was something similar that doesn't crumble - something that is not porous but only has huge microscopic surface area. Unfortunately the porosity is exactly what gives it a large surface area when broken up! It would just have to be hard enough to not be broken easily by hand... i don't know what material applies.

Possibly heavy processed sorbents such as calcined dolomite or calcined huntite - they are not brittle.

Ironwool it is then :D (burn off the machine oils first before using it!!)

Last edited:
Why not just use Reynold's Wrap Heavy Duty aluminum foil, a lighter, and a straw?

Why not just use weed? I wonder if the OP is still not smoking it 6 years later. :)

I have only ever smoked DMT through a bong on top of weed. I've smoked many, many times this way and it works perfectly. You need good bong technique though, you need to understand how far to offset your flame from your product, etc. I don't really get why people find DMT so hard to smoke, or why it seems to require such precision. My first ever time using it, we sprinkled it onto damiana and smoked it through a bong and tripped the living fuck out. I've never felt that its a substance that is difficult to ingest or get effects from.

With that said, I smoked about a gram of DMT through a particular metal bong stem which I saved for whatever reason. During a difficult period, I found this DMT-stinking stem which had been used previously for plain cannabis so I stoked out a few bits of resin to get stoned on without really considering the presence of DMT. Evidently, the DMT had concentrated quite highly within the stem because I had continual low-dose DMT experiences from this Magickal Resin for at least a few hours. From that, I guess I can assure myself that I am wasting DMT when smoking through a bong- or at least, I am not vapourising it highly enough- perhaps particles are getting stuck to the immensely sticky tar that builds up in a bong- but I still had immensely powerful breakthrough experiences using my bong. DMT is not something I weigh up, I eyeball it- if that. Its something I find forgiving and have had plentiful supply at times so laziness and flippancy worked effectively in my smoking.

Or just IM/IV. This is easy and wastes nothing but is a different beast.