View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Replacement for weed as a bed for DMT?

domokun

Bluelighter
Hey guys! I recently gave up weed but have the opportunity to smoke some DMT with my friend. I'm not against using weed as a bed for it since the amount is pretty negligible, but is there another substance I could use? Not familiar with other smokable plants that could substitute it.

lol definitely where I went wrong...

No more like what the dmt is laid on. I used to put a tiny bit of weed in the bowl and sprinkle the DMT on top of it. Since I don't want to use weed if I don't have to, what, if anything, do you guys suggest?

huh? you mean youre gonna put the DMT on top of the weed and smoke it? thats not how its done my friend. you vape DMT. lightbulb and no other herbs.

otherwise people use tobacco or clove as "beds" as you call them

Really? No one here has done it this way? It's the only way I've ever done it. Never vape'd it and I'd definitely try that as it sounds cleaner.

Tobacco...duh. I'm not a cig smoker so I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Cigarette ashes work fine if you dont want to take the time to just make The Machine.
Get a good bong, coat the bowl with ashes, but not too hard so that there's no air flowing through. (Id use a screen too)

Dont touch the flame to it! It's going to take the first hit to sorta melt it down a bit, but by the second hit you'll be able to just milk the hell out of it (most of the time without even using much heat!)

Just blasted off a freind using that method two days ago.

Im going to move this on over to PD though as it belongs there, not here.

i use a chillum with wire mesh, or just use a pipe of some sort with mire mesh init

(oviously burn off the unwanted funes of the mesh) :)

Thanks thizzer! I'm not new here probably should have known where to go with this.

Vibrancy - I thought of that, too, but figured the crystals would be too fine and pull through/fall through.

I 100% prefer to smoke my dmt on top of anything.
Here are a few that I use:
5-6 brass screens in a chillum (my fav besides buds or shake)
Jwh smoking blends (very nice in place of weed which is my fav).
Oregano (sounds nasty but IME it works better than nothing)
Tabacco- my least fav, no source but from experience it doesn't burn hot enough to vaporize the dmt. And its harsh as fuck.

I know the oregano and tobacco sound nasty but is you don't have anything else. Also mixing pure jwh's and dmt on top of brass screens is def interesting and worth trying.

Just make sure when the dmt melts it has something to stick to.

dude if you wanna be savage, parsley leaves from the store work great. Smoke isnt harsh and actually doesnt taste bad.

Any herb at all will work. I agree with thizzerfershizzer, a bong is your best bet if you don't feel like messing with chore boy and feeling like a crack addict.

Don't vape it in a lightbulb. You'll lose a lot of material as it recrystalizes on the glass. It also takes longer to build up enough smoke in the chamber for a good strong hit.

Really? No one here has done it this way? It's the only way I've ever done it. Never vape'd it and I'd definitely try that as it sounds cleaner.

Tobacco...duh. I'm not a cig smoker so I didn't think of that. Thanks!

No, don't do this. A) DMT and nicotine both measurably raise blood pressure, which could cause a dangerous spike in BP. B) You're combining a powerful stimulant rush with the onset of the DMT, which is definitely not necessary, nor desirable as I imagine.

Many people use blue lily, blue lotus, or white lotus (I think pink lotus also) to mix in with changa mixes, so I'm sure it works well to use as the bed. I've mostly used a bit of weed myself, but I was thinking the next time I would use blue lily and hopefully have it aid in me settling into the experience more, and also I think weed adds a certain foggy quality that is preventing me from having break thru experiences. Plus these herbs all taste nice to smoke, and you can make a tea out of them on the side to enjoy when you come back from elf land.

You could also weigh out 50+mg DMT place it into a shot glass
Add some alcohol (2cc or so). Then add a hit or two worth of parsley or pot in the shot glass (after the DMT GOES INTO SOLUTION). Then all you have to do is let the smoking material dry out. Alcohol evaporates very fast.

Then put the infused herb into a pipe hold a lighter just above the herb dont let the flame touch it, this will vaperize the DMT and take a real big hit, hold it in for a while, then blow it out and then take another big it or 3 if you can, or until you drift away.

Remember the more you can get in the farther you go and the best part is you can’t OD from DMT/

I've read more than a few trip reports where the author mentions smoking it on mullein, which is actually quite good for the respiratory system. The only thing is that some people have nasty reactions to mullein, so it's good to first try rubbing it against a small area of skin to make sure it won't affect you like that.

Thanks guys. No go on the baccy then. Mint or parsly sound like the easiest to get and most pleasant. If I could find mullein I would use that, but honestly no idea where to get it around NYC.

Thanks guys. No go on the baccy then. Mint or parsly sound like the easiest to get and most pleasant. If I could find mullein I would use that, but honestly no idea where to get it around NYC.

Is it common mullein being talked about or moth mullein?,Common mullein grows all over the place in northern nj. When I pass some on a hike, I always look at how soft and luscious it looks, and think of how felty soft it is, and know exactly what I am looking for if I ever have to take a crap in the woods. Seriously, the stuff is like the softest largest leaf nature can offer lol Fun fact: Native Americans and Early American settlers used mullein leaves to line their shoes with, especially in the winter time to add softness and insulation.

BUT as someone said some people get rashes from mullein, so i guess know whether you are one of these people prior to using it as per my suggestion!

but yeah it grows like a weed here, often at the edges of fields where there is gravely ground. The are pretty impressive to see too.

Here's a pic gives you a good look at the whole plant. Notice the leaves clustered around the stalk. Those you will see the first year just on the ground without any stalk. The stalk when it does grow up blooms with lots of tiny yellow flowers that look totally awesome when in full bloom.
NSFW:
Mullein_SignalKnob_060729.jpg

one more fun fact: you can make a torch out of these if you melt bees wax or candle wax over the flower spike part, just leave the very tip, maybe .5-1 inch uncoated to use as a wick. It'll burn for 15 mins or so. Neat stuff to know :)

Had no idea that was mullein. Used to tear that stuff out of my yard all the time as a kid.

WOW
That grows all over my property!
Go figure; i live in the White Mountains of Arizona, where we have lots of Apache and Navajo around here.

I knew about the The Mexican Poppy, or Argemone mexicana that grows everywhere up here.

I got to give this one a try, who knows i mite not have to by toilet paper any longer also lol wify mite not aprove any ways