• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Removing sugar/glucose from meth

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Bought a ball of meth and went to smoke it and the substance melted and bubbled like normal for a second then suddenly went all black and gave off this acrid smell like burnt sugar or caramel. It tasted like it smelt as well. I know it's sugar cos I cleaned the pipe then put some table sugar in my pipe and lit it up to see if it would do the same and lo and behold the sugar would melt then boil and give off the same acrid smell then just goes all black.

So is there any way I can remove sugar from meth without an a/b extraction since I would mess it up for sure. I'm not sure if it's just table sugar or glucose. If it's glucose is it possible to melt it over a steady temperature since it melts at 146C while meth is at 170C and remove it via a glass pipette? Or if it's table sugar that melts at 186C so the meth would melt first and I can remove the meth with the pipette? Can I recrystallize it with dry ethanol and allow the process to push the sugar and any other possible cuts out of the meth? And doesn't sugar not dissolve well in ethanol but meth does? So couldn't I just obtained 95% alcohol and dry it with epsom salts then dissolve the meth and filter the sugar out?

If all fails I could leave it out for the ants to steal the sugar and leave the meth behind :D

Last edited:
Bought a ball of meth and went to smoke it and the substance melted and bubbled like normal for a second then suddenly went all black and gave off this acrid smell like burnt sugar or caramel. It tasted like it smelt as well. I know it's sugar cos I cleaned the pipe then put some table sugar in my pipe and lit it up to see if it would do the same and lo and behold the sugar would melt then boil and give off the same acrid smell then just goes all black.

So is there any way I can remove sugar from meth without an a/b extraction since I would mess it up for sure. I'm not sure if it's just table sugar or glucose. If it's glucose is it possible to melt it over a steady temperature since it melts at 146C while meth is at 170C and remove it via a glass pipette? Or if it's table sugar that melts at 186C so the meth would melt first and I can remove the meth with the pipette? Can I recrystallize it with dry ethanol and allow the process to push the sugar and any other possible cuts out of the meth? And doesn't sugar not dissolve well in ethanol but meth does? So couldn't I just obtained 95% alcohol and dry it with epsom salts then dissolve the meth and filter the sugar out?

If all fails I could leave it out for the ants to steal the sugar and leave the meth behind :D
Ants are smart they'll avoid it

Ants are smart they'll avoid it
Simple place the ball of meth in a filter paper, and tip methylated spirits overs it, most of the meth will dissolve and leave behind the non soluble sugar. Catch on a glass dish and microwave it for 30 seconds. Voila

Simple place the ball of meth in a filter paper, and tip methylated spirits overs it, most of the meth will dissolve and leave behind the non soluble sugar. Catch on a glass dish and microwave it for 30 seconds. Voila
sugar would also dissolve in methylated spirits/ethanol pure or with water doesn't matter

I've been thinking about it for a minute and can't find an easy solution

sugar also dissolves in acetone and most organic solvents

I think separating meth and sugar would require some chemistry trickery

sugar has a much lower boiling/vaporization temp, maybe you could burn it out (carefully)

Let me know when you guys figure it out and uh give me a call.

20220220-144530.jpg

meth boiling point is nearly twice that of sugar (202c vs 102c)

wonder if you could just heat it precisely to separate it somehow

but sugar turns into gunk when heated :/

sugar would also dissolve in methylated spirits/ethanol pure or with water doesn't matter

I've been thinking about it for a minute and can't find an easy solution

sugar also dissolves in acetone and most organic solvents

I think separating meth and sugar would require some chemistry trickery

sugar has a much lower boiling/vaporization temp, maybe you could burn it out (carefully)
Sorry I checked, use isopropylalchol (rubbing alcohol) sugars solubility in it is almost non existent.

meth boiling point is nearly twice that of sugar (202c vs 102c)

wonder if you could just heat it precisely to separate it somehow

but sugar turns into gunk when heated :/
Tried heating it slowly but everything just seemed to melt down together. Though the meth vaporized off first then the sugar started burning. Maybe let the meth vapor condense around the pipe, scrape it off and everything else is just sugar.

Tried heating it slowly but everything just seemed to melt down together. Though the meth vaporized off first then the sugar started burning. Maybe let the meth vapor condense around the pipe, scrape it off and everything else is just sugar.
So hard to avoid caramelization

I think it might be best to admit defeat and just snort or eat the stuff before it turns into rancid meth candy

I think a recrystiliseation in clean ethanol would be your best bet.

I say clean ethanol because denatured alcohol contains bitter chemicals which would fuck up the taste of your meth.

Sorry I checked, use isopropylalchol (rubbing alcohol) sugars solubility in it is almost non existent.
I have almost a zip of reconstituted stuff in a bottle with 91% isopropyl and there's nothing but liquid in it. It dissolves in isopropyl just like it does in water. So I'm not sure what you checked in your iso, but it might not be the same sugar. My boy put Gatorade in his bong. Didn't rinse it all the way out. I'm in the mountains right now and there's no way I can get the sugar out of what I've got either. I have acetone and some of the nasty drug store 50% that has the bittering agent in it that tastes like perfume. I could use some advice.

If it was salt I know you swirl it all in acetone until it dries. Keep twirling it and it dries in two distinct layers. I've tried that with this and no dice.

I have almost a zip of reconstituted stuff in a bottle with 91% isopropyl and there's nothing but liquid in it. It dissolves in isopropyl just like it does in water. So I'm not sure what you checked in your iso, but it might not be the same sugar. My boy put Gatorade in his bong. Didn't rinse it all the way out. I'm in the mountains right now and there's no way I can get the sugar out of what I've got either. I have acetone and some of the nasty drug store 50% that has the bittering agent in it that tastes like perfume. I could use some advice.

If it was salt I know you swirl it all in acetone until it dries. Keep twirling it and it dries in two distinct layers. I've tried that with this and no dice

Did you ever figure that out? I'd be grateful to know how if you ever did.