• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Removing mephedrone contamination from Ketamine EDIT: actually "magic"

None of the alcohol separations will work as obviously they both dissolve in alcohols.
1.maybe ketamine dissolves in acetone and if it does that's good because the mephedrone won't dissolve.this allows seperation of the two.
2.maybe ketamine HCl is insoluble in
DCM or chloroform if it is that's good because the mephedrone should dissolve in DCM and chloroform.
3.find out how much water it takes to dissolve 1g of k and how much water it takes to dissolve mephedrone.maybe there's a big enough difference to allow seperation that way.i couldn't find any solubility data for k so can't help on that one.

Well it dissolved in (hot) water, but came back when the water was evaporated/boiled off in a frying pan, and it dissolved in iso and didn't come back when the iso was evaporated/slow cooked off in the test tube? So I guess it just got eaten by the iso and then disappeared into the air when it evaporated? Is that what happens? Like I said I'm no scientist I don't know if I'm using correct terms they're defo not scientific terms they're as simple as I can put it...
Iso won't eat anything other than water which it will bind to and evaporate off with.for it to evaporate off in boiling alcohol it's boiling point would have to be less 90'c which is near impossible as no cut anywhere boils below 100'c that I ever heard of

What the fuck was an upper doing in K in the first place lol?

I've had some bashed/cut K before but I don't think an upper was in it (although once I had some crap RC fake K that I also think had pro plus in it) uppers in K defeats the purpose of doing K, and surely the customer won't go back to the dealer as they're bound to know they're K is acting as a stim, I've not been back to the person who sold me upper mixed fake K

Been ripped if since though with fake K, piss takers loose customers, fucking morons

Meth +k makes a pretty awesome buzz that k alone does not.this was a very common mix in pills before k disappeared.

I love Mephedrone and K I'd do them both, but if I want K thats all I want, and back when I could get Mephedrone I'd just want that on its own at a rave, I'd probably do both together if I was offered some at a club, but I like to choose my own amounts of Mephedrone and K not have it premixed lol

I liked Mephedrone to have energy to dance but if to much K was added in there I'd find dancing hard you know, and doing uppers at home is just a no, strait up ketamine for me lol

SWIM is left this thread for a few days and is happy to see replies!

Firstly, the exact information SWIM was given was that it's cut with "magic" which may or may not even be true.

SWIM googled magic and initially concluded it is mephedrone, but further searching actually makes SWIM think that magic is "benzocaine and phenacetin" which would make more sense to cut ket with than mephedrone.

Ultimately, the actual contaminant doesn't matter because it might change with the next batch.

SWIM will carry out the 3 solvents test, and the granularity separation test and report back.

Would any of the 3 solvents tests detect "benzocaine and phenacetin"?

Is there anything easy SWIM can titrate against for a purity test?

Would an extraction be an option here?

Thanks for all the replies!

I've seen that magic shit around before. Normally used as a coke cut. It's like flakes right?

Fuck the chemical n reaction tests, bro read the weight seperation method I posted 'tap test' it will definitely work.

Time consuming though. But it'll work to get a good 85%+ out of it. You just have to be patient and do a few grams at a time.

Keep what you seperate out, and give it back to the cunt who gave it you n say u want money back or a swap g for g.

SWIM is left this thread for a few days and is happy to see replies!

Firstly, the exact information SWIM was given was that it's cut with "magic" which may or may not even be true.

SWIM googled magic and initially concluded it is mephedrone, but further searching actually makes SWIM think that magic is "benzocaine and phenacetin" which would make more sense to cut ket with than mephedrone.

Ultimately, the actual contaminant doesn't matter because it might change with the next batch.

SWIM will carry out the 3 solvents test, and the granularity separation test and report back.

Would any of the 3 solvents tests detect "benzocaine and phenacetin"?

Is there anything easy SWIM can titrate against for a purity test?

Would an extraction be an option here?

Thanks for all the replies!
Don't know what makes you think phenacetin and benzocaine are just
all of a sudden being used as cuts.
Naptha or xylene might dissolve the
benzocaine and phenacetin.i doubt that it is phenacetin and benzocaine though

Do you just suspect it's cut, or do you have some evidence for it?

Benzocaine and phenacetin are common cocaine cuts, i don't know why anyone would try to cut K with rhose? I guess you could, but why? They have totally different textures. K is granular cubic crystals, like rocksalt, whereas cocaine is more of a pearly/shiny white powder.

If you have a situation where it's some moron who literally mixes chunky K crystals with some fine powder without homogenizing it together somehow, the idea of a gravity seperation, "panning for ketamine gold" as it were, would be a starting place. Unfortunately if you have material of uniform crystal size that won't work,

Your main problem is going to be that without a definitive knowledge of what you're trying to seperate you are effectively flying blind. "Magic" is not a standardized term either. It doesn't mean anything in particular in this context.

Ketamine HCl is soluble in water, methanol, (likely ethanol/IPR too), and sparingly in chloroform. The freebase is soluble in methanol, isopropanol, naptha, and presumably acetone and DCM too but insoluble in water. Knowing this, usually isopropanol is sufficient to seperate K.HCl from things like table salt, MSG, sugar, etc.

Benzocaine and phenacetin are both soluble in acetone, while K is not, so an acetone wash would suffice in that case.

Mephedrone... as I understand it, is not a commonly availiable drug anywhere but the ex Soviet bloc. Long gone are the days of gurning UK college students playing bad dubstep and gnashing their teeth in every borough. And you'd know for sure if your K was cut with it.

and it dissolved in iso and didn't come back when the iso was evaporated/slow cooked off in the test tube?
Your lab technique needs work then, young padawan. Isopropanol is not by any means a reactive solvent nor is ketamine HCl volatile (melts at 260C+). It's either present as a thin film over the glass or it bubbled out the top. K doesn't just disappear like that.

I love Mephedrone and K I'd do them both, but if I want K thats all I want, and back when I could get Mephedrone I'd just want that on its own at a rave, I'd probably do both together if I was offered some at a club, but I like to choose my own amounts of Mephedrone and K not have it premixed lol

I liked Mephedrone to have energy to dance but if to much K was added in there I'd find dancing hard you know, and doing uppers at home is just a no, strait up ketamine for me lol
I absolutely loved dancing on DCK. That stuff was/is kind of a mixed K & mephedrone (well, probably not, but the only? dissociative yet with real usable upper qualities. These were so bad that I tended to stay up for 3-4 days straight and more often at east 2 days than not to redose in evening cause of rebound depression and plain feeling-so-good in my hard time of it. Caution though, someone of the few people I've ever shared it with saw demons and stuff on it after some hours. Guess that it was just his own demons as this people was/is polytoxicomanic with IV habits etc)

Magic, lol. Never heard of but I don't live in English area nor do I have usual contacts to druggies in RL. But phenacetin and benzocaine, yeah the coke folks, but omg. Only miss the levamisole. Stuff like this is why I stopped my brief episode of buying from The Usual Suspects (of which the biggest share still thinks K is only a horse tranqulizer) or The Onion (which is notoriously cut and kinda dangerous legally as these morons all keep logs. Strange but buying in person, brief and anonymous contact, tends to be more secure. If they ever happen to catch you it's just the tiny amount you bought.).

Miss the UK days of cheap pure 4-MMC and MXE. If they push the blanket ban in NL we will have problems.
Sorry, no further legal discussion