• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Reminder: don't trip or drive drunk!

lol.

Above post says access denied at the moment.

Sorry ha on the mobile. Basically quintessential white shirtless tweaker crashes his car into a tree in an insane manner that flips the car and knocks a wheel off, climbs outta the wreckage like a boss, fends off all attempts of help and proceeds to freak the fuck out in your typical meth psychosis manner. Dude is SPUN. And it's all captured on a post cam in a low speed residential area. Witnesses say there were many syringes and speed crystals on the scene. In Baltimore, of course. I lol'd. Moderation is key, folks; don't be this fuckhead.

Idk I drive better high(on weed) tbh because I have some pretty bad road rage and it mellows me out. Also i only drive being mildy high never like completely stoned out of this world high

It's been proven that you can trip and ride bikes, at least once.

I see what you did there

But yeah, definitely, going for a nice bike on roads you know on a gram of shrooms or >~150ug LSD is a pretty awesome experience, although for me it occasionally devolves into sitting in the grass next to the road with a huge smile on my face.

Guys please keep the discussion on track, there is no need to start attacking each other. It amazes me how people really can not accept the phrase, you shouldnt drive while intoxicated on anything, or even when your tired, or pissed off. It is basic knowledge that if it impairs your ability to think in the least it negatively effects your driving.

But seriously you guys need to play nice, no need to verbally assault each other on and dirty up our nice message boards!

I feel like the last sentence is a mistaken inference to draw from that study. I don't think it is implied that marijuana and driving is safe per se, just that driving under the influence of weed is less dangerous then driving drunk.

I think this is an interesting fact: "Because of the correlation between marijuana use and accident responsibility rates, they say, marijuana users, as a whole, can expect to see lower insurance rates than non-marijuana users.". They would have to have good reason to make that determination.

I don't mean this to sound sarcastic when I say this, but why not take a look at the study itself rather than just that post?

Driving while intoxicated is a very dicey issue. When I was a pothead I definitely drove better while stoned, that being said many people I know drive much worse while stoned. For fuck's sake one acquaintance of mine randomly started doing donuts in synagogue parking lot and proceeded to take out the neighbors flowerbed. I've driven on almost every standard drug and I'm not proud of it. Nowadays I'm clean as a whistle, and I can tell when someone near me on the road is out of it. Scary thing people driving large SUV's and Tractor Trailers while intoxicated or sleep deprived. Sleep deprivation and driving should receive more attention as it causes many accidents and deaths. I've got my commercial driver's license and have driven Tractor Trailers, there's a heavy drug culture within the over the road trucking industry. Tractor Trailers are the largest things on the road for the most part, generally I would advise keeping safe distance from them on highways and if you have to pass them do it quickly. Obviously don't get boxed in by them, most cars are too small for them to see. Yeah, I'm ranting about safe driving, but as a professional driver it's partially my duty to advise safe driving practices. Don't get fucked up and drive, be smart, if you end up killing someone else on the road you'll be guilt ridden for the rest of your life most likely. (Some assholes don't give a shit, but fuck them) If you die, people will be sad, and you'll be dead and that probably will suck to some degree. So make smart decisions, if you are driving and suddenly feel more fucked up than you expected pull into a public parking lot and wait it out. It's not worth risking your life to try and get where your going. I'm done, don't be stupid, thank you

this is a community; so i just want to remind that in communities you generally have to coexist with each other. if you can't coexist with each other please don't post in a community organization. not meaning to potentiate the arguing but mainly i made this because a guy got killed in a drunk driving accident locally. lots of people drive drunk out here and it's an acceptable thing in the community i live in (unfortunately) now as for the discussion of cannabis and driving i have heard evidence that cannabis is significantly less impairing than driving drunk and that the comparison is very far apart. where alcohol makes driving extremely dangerous cannabis makes driving slightly more risky; although it is speculated some people who smoke regularly have little to no impairment while those who smoke occasionally are more sensative to impairment.

more study needs to be conducted in my opinion before we can conclude that cannabis is either safe, safer, or outright dangerous to drive on while under it's influence. when we can conduct pilot three studies i think the topic will be a very interesting discussion. mostly i wanted to remind the community about the dangers of drunk driving and tripping while driving. when i first made this i made it to all the forums that i thought would benefit from this. unfortunately i soon realized this was spamming as i recieved an infraction and several messages that i need to stop spamming. if had known that i would have phrased each and every post completely uniquely.

anyways; lets just conlcude that driving while intoxicated on alchohol and psychedelic drugs is definitely dangerous. but lets also conlcude that driving while high on cannabis has potential for danger; but imo more studying about this topic would need to be conducted by multiple researchers.

safe driving!