• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Reminder: don't trip or drive drunk!

just say know

Bluelighter
this also includes cannabis.

To remind people; do not drive while texting, tripping, intoxicated, sleep deprived, or drunk. it is a bad idea, it endangers lives, it fuels prohibition, and simply don't do it. there is an erowid report of a person who got hit by a drunk driver and what his experience with brain damage and being paralyzed was like. its a reminder that driving while altering your consciousness is a dangerous thing to do.

i once drove while on LSA; it was not safe. my sister also drove while on LSA; she crashed into a wall; no one was hurt. she was also tripping balls and said that the roads felt like mountains.

in the community i live in; there are alot of drunk drivers. jut recently someone died in a drunk driving incident. i always see people driving in the middle of the road drunk as fuck. one time i had to take a ride with a drunk driver; he was sipping beer while driving. the roads were also incredibly icy and i was also tripping balls on LSA and our friend who was visiting had crashed almost into the lake because of the icy conditions. an old couple let him stay; their house was beautiful. it was around christmas and they had paid alot of attention to detail. tripping there felt INCREDIBLY comfortable; it was like an overwhelming sense of entactogenesis and love and appreciation of their beautiful house. i was also incredibly polite; more so than ever before.

IN SUMMARY and not to get too off-topic; Driving while drunk or tripping is not safe to do in public. please do not risk it. please. people die because of this. i've never seen or harmed people through this means but i know that it is still dangerous.

peace, love, responsability, respect, compassion, and harm reduction to all! <3

I tried to squeeze a blunt ride in after eating two mushroom caps once. Got pulled over as I lit the J. Had multiple drugs all through the car.

Big Man Upstairs was lookin' out for us that day. Cop ran a K9 around the car a good 20 times trying to get it to alert, and I was just sitting there looking at my neighborhood sign like "Man.... I'm RIGHT HERE... I'm home.... I just wanna go home...."

Dog didn't alert. I got a warning for not stopping at a stop sign (that didn't exist, yall, the "stop sign" I ran said "yield" on it) and got my buddy riding shotgun to drive me and the car home.

::sigh::

Those lights were so bright in my rearview. :(

I totally disagree when it comes to cannabis, I have driven while high SO much that my friends joke saying I probably drive safer when I'm under the influence. Don't get me wrong, I actually have driven a little drunk, never wasted, and even on shrooms one time, but I completely agree on the point that nothing OTHER than weed should be consumed before or while driving

dude i totally feel you... i've had several experiences with police and that shit is scary 8o

Especially when you're literally minutes away from peaking on mushrooms.

Fuck that shit. Keep it indoors or on foot. Maybe bicycle. It's been proven that you can trip and ride bikes, at least once.

Yeah I do realize that they're not safe to trip and drive on. Drove right by two cops about an hour or less after my peak...

I totally disagree when it comes to cannabis, I have driven while high SO much that my friends joke saying I probably drive safer when I'm under the influence. Don't get me wrong, I actually have driven a little drunk, never wasted, and even on shrooms one time, but I completely agree on the point that nothing OTHER than weed should be consumed before or while driving

I disagree. I've been a more or less daily weed user for about 5 years and even with a tolerance I would argue that meth/amphetamines and even kratom is much safer than weed to drive on. I think many weed users myself included are in denial that they are more intoxicated than they actually are, much the same way people who think they can pop a handful of benzos and just because they don't feel fucked up they aren't.

"don't get high and drive. disregard this if you happen to be one of those people who drive better high." (paraphrasing the onion)

maybe you don't drive safer when you're high? maybe you just think you do. because, you know, you're high...

:\

alasdair

"don't get high and drive. disregard this if you happen to be one of those people who drive better high." (paraphrasing the onion)

maybe you don't drive safer when you're high? maybe you just think you do. because, you know, you're high...

alasdair

With cannabis if anything it's likely to make you doubt your driving skills more and become a more cautious driver that takes fewer risks. Unlike alcohol cannabis isn't one of those drugs that usually gives you false confidence. Some studies have actually cannabis to impair novice users a lot more than regular users who seem to be able to function normally when they smoke. So for a lot of people that think they drive safer when they smoke, if they smoke often (particularly on a daily basis) and they know how it affects them there's a reasonable chance they may actually be right.

By the way my brain feels so cloudy with my meds so I'm not sure how much sense I'm actually making, ugh!

I tried to squeeze a blunt ride in after eating two mushroom caps once. Got pulled over as I lit the J. Had multiple drugs all through the car.

Big Man Upstairs was lookin' out for us that day. Cop ran a K9 around the car a good 20 times trying to get it to alert, and I was just sitting there looking at my neighborhood sign like "Man.... I'm RIGHT HERE... I'm home.... I just wanna go home...."

Dog didn't alert. I got a warning for not stopping at a stop sign (that didn't exist, yall, the "stop sign" I ran said "yield" on it) and got my buddy riding shotgun to drive me and the car home.

::sigh::

Those lights were so bright in my rearview. :(

I was driving on mdma one time and cop flashes his lights and goes around me. I was scared shitless but at the same time super stoked on how fucking cool the lights looked.

With cannabis if anything it's likely to make you doubt your driving skills more and become a more cautious driver that takes fewer risks.
"don't get high and drive. disregard this if you happen to be one of those people who drive better high."

alasdair

While I think cannabis is largely benign on the roads in the hands of chronic users, it only takes a split second misjudgment to fuck up lives. Driving sober is dangerous enough so think hard and make sure you're in a proper state before you get behind the wheel. Automobile accidents at a terrible thing and many are easily preventable.

alasdair
First off, I totally appreciate the Onion reference, it's a funny ass publication. However, I would like to make note that I never claimed to be a better driver while high... I simply stated that my friends jokingly say that because of how often I do it. I'm 18, I understand that any kind of drug, weed being one of them, impairs a person's driving and operation of machines, but I also understand that I don't feel any different in the way that I'm driving (other than feelings of euphoria) while high. I'm definitely more cautious, due to fear of police. You guys are totally justified in what you're saying, but I honestly believe that I can drive just as safe while high if not safer. Like I said, if it's not weed, it's a different story. And if it makes a difference to any of you, I actually have been a daily pot smoker for the past 7 months.

To be clear, I do not condone driving while under the influence of anything. I guess it'll be my stupid mistake if anything ever happens. But my point is: anyone reading my comments, don't think it's ok. The people on this website know what they're talking about, and having just read the page about Bluelight going black (a month later, I know...) and also remembering this site's mission for harm reduction, I just wanted to clear things up.

Last edited:
"don't get high and drive. disregard this if you happen to be one of those people who drive better high."

alasdair

Not saying this is conclusive by any means, but NGC did a hour-or-two-long show on how the different mainstream drugs effect heavy users in casual situations, like putting together IKEA furniture, driving, lugging a refrigerator up two flights of steps (I think that was more of a strength test for the guy all coked out, though).

iirc, the weedhead drove extremely safely and slowly-- so much moreso than usual that he actually became a detriment to the other drivers he'd hypothetically be sharing the road with (the driving test was on a closed course in a parking lot). He had everything under control that he would usually expect from behind the wheel, but he also had ridiculously slow reaction times and really terrible depth perception on the parallel park.

Doesn't matter how slow you're driving or which traffic laws you're following if you're unable to react in time to oncoming traffic and other, just as potentially deadly obstacles in front of your car.

...but he also had ridiculously slow reaction times and really terrible depth perception on the parallel park.
indeed.

the simple fact appears to be that there are some people who will drive high and rationalise it somehow. they believe they're safer drivers when high and are not interested in hearing counterpoint...

alasdair

It's not necessarily that being high on cannabis makes me a better driver, it just that being somewhat medicated makes me more able to handle the stresses of socal traffic, therefore not turning into a Road Rage-crazed madmen who forces other drivers off the road...

I really hate when this whole "i can drive while high on marijuana, in fact i am better at it!" regardless of what you may think about how you drive on various drugs it is appalling that people tell other people they do it and are better at driving while they are intoxicated. I say it is appalling because it is quite possible the only way smoking weed endangers other people, yet pot heads are so quick to announce they do it, and approve of it. I think we should all openly say "it is dangerous and shouldn't be done" as sure you may be fine to drive in 99% of all situations until that 1%, where a truck flips over in front of you or a child darts out in front of your car, that is the true time when reaction time and your split second decisions will be tested.

I dont care if you think you are better at it and for all i know it could be that you are. But please realize that when you drive stoned you do jepordize the lives of others and as I stated i think it is the only way weed can hurt someone. Not only that but realize when you say its ok you are condoning other, who are not you, to do something that endangers others.

don't drive on weed and make sure you turned off the stove :)

stay in your lane and follow the rules of the road and you can be on ten tabs of acid for all i care