• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Remembering a legend: PhreeX

Mad Dash

Bluelight Crew
6 years ago today, August 27th 2009 bluelight lost a brother. To me he was Dave, but to the rest of the world he was the great and mighty PhreeX! A member to be feared for his harsh honesty, respected for his intelligence, and admired for his intellect. Me and Dave spent quite a few nights talking about the great beyond and spirits and the afterlife while rolling on EX. I was always so impressed with his life experience. His many near death experiences, real life drugstore cowboy stories, and all around knowledge of how drugs worked always kept me in awe. I respected him and looked up to him a lot.

But as time went on it became apparent his life was taking a downward turn. He would stop answering my phone calls, he lost the girl he was dating at the time, and he lost him self. His opiate abuse started to consume him and he eventually ODd on IV Fentanyl. Sometimes I wish I would have taken the hour drive to Deltona from Orlando and just forced him to talk to me and maybe he would have been better, but I know a lot of bluelighters felt the same way.

He ruled over OD with an iron fist and while some of you may not remember him or are too young to, he still has some of the best threads on bluelight. I thought it might be nice since OD was his favorite forum for us to take a minute and remember him and post your favorite threads that he has posted over his many years as a member here. RIP Dave, RIP PhreeX.

Damn shame man, so many dead soldiers here. I never spoke with him but I feel like knew all my fellow opiate endulgers who have passed on to that better place. Were all just searching for those better days. Rip phreex and all of our other brothers who've passed on!!!

I didn't join bluelight until 2012, but I have seen alot of his replies and posts throughout the years. He seemed like an intelligent man and all around good person.
RIP PhreeX.

I remember that crazy bastard! I use to be Fentanyl_Eater back in 01'-02ish. His stories and experience were great. Rest in Peace.

All part of the game sadly though....

He was a larger than life character for sure. Other Drugs has never really recovered from his loss IMO.

He wasn't that smart if he was banging fentanyl

Really? I swear there is always one.

Right because nobody in human history has made bad decisions due to severe depression. This is a remembrance thread. If you want to be a slimy piece of filth and mock a dead person just leave. Talk about a coward, it is one thing taking shit about someone, then even worse talking shit behind someones back, and then there is talking shit about a dead person. Congrats, you rank just above pond scum on the humanity scale.

^^dick^^, hmmmm, it sux to hear stories of folks getting consumed by opiates, as an addict myself I can relate. I am sure this person meant the world to those around him but like most of us addicts was too blind to see it or too weak to fight. May he continue to rest in peace and be remembered for any and all good he did.

haven't even read your first sentence and just want to say i discovered BL like and year ago. i made an account because of the awesome posts that phreex put up in OD. i am talking 2000-2002 these posts were and still are legendary and all of them should be in the archives. my favorite post shit i can name a few mexican pharmacies, meth psychosis stories, valium and flying, injecting MDMA, and most importantly the oxycontin FAQ which is now irrelevant(thanks assholes at purdue). phreex is rolling in his grave knowing ya cant snort ocs anymore. R.I.P. i might post later when i get some alkie in me.

I want duh Phreex Filezzz. Cant believe Im the first to ask in this thread.

If you havent done so yet, google Phreex's meth psychosis stories, you cant make that shit up. Most are archived somewhere in the depths of BL archives.

RIP

If you want to remember phreex here is his shrine. I'm sure no one is pissing on his memory in there.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/462435-RIP-PhreeX

Yes it's very sad that he died however this part of bluelight is for harm reduction. If you want to glorify risk taking and drug misadventures that is your prerogative but personally my hero's drug use was far safer and with longevity. There is using drugs safely and there is pushing your body to its limits. Unfortunately I remember phreex as the later

Harm reduction does not excuse your arrogance, your lack of empathy, or your insistence on criticizing a dead man. If you prefer to remember him as a cautionary tale, fine. But check your smug attitude at the door next time.

Last edited:
RIP for a true legend. I remember him going back to alt.drugs.hard. He embodied so much of the good and the bad of our scene alike, but de mortuis nil nisi bonum. His memory is very special for all of us.

I remember Phreex from when i just joined BL and when i just lurked on this site before joining and i certainly remember his posts and his style of modding. He may have been a complete cunt (in nothing but the most affectionate use of the term) when it come to his attitude towards certain ways people trolled as well as certain trolls but that's part of the reason why his posts where so awesome to read. Even today when i see obvious troll posts i can't help but thinking Phreex would have liked them to make abit more of a effort on that so he could have some sport atleast. He made more people butthurt by noon then most people made butthurt in their lifetime.