• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Remedies to help bumps from shooting heal quicker

raisedbydevils

Greenlighter
I have a tattoo appointment in a week and I stopped shooting in that particular arm but I still have what I think are buildups under the skin as a result of repeated needle usage they feel like almost keloids or something of that nature. They are hard and tender but I know they are not infected nor a result of missing. I'm just worried that it will pose an issue when I go to get tattooed. Any idea on exactly what they could be or how to speed up the process of healing of them will be greatly appreciated. Would antihistamines work such as hydroxyzine or Benadryl?

Hard to say, but they're possibly some form of fibrotic or scar tissue (a bit like mild keloids). There's usually not a lot you can do because they tend to form protectively beneath the skin in reaction to the damage caused by the needle, and are usually permanent. If they turn out to be a more temporary swelling or inflammation, you may find lavender oil (a few drops diluted in a carrier oil like almond oil) helps speed the healing. Don't apply neat lavender oil to the skin. Antihistamines aren't likely to help at this point.

I am an I v user as well. Honestly if they're not abses than just letting time heal them.. I still have hard spots on veins that I haven't used in months. Only because I would use that vein in the same spot over and over again. Good luck