• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Remedies for cotton mouth (not including water/liquid)

I use Jolly Ranchers, b/c the presence of Malic Acid will cause salivation. Also, Tavener’s Lemon drops. Not one of those Atomic Warhead craps; just a plain cherry or lemon boiled sweet.

Tom

Thanks. Actually I just got Biotene mouth wash in the mail today, but I haven't used it yet. So is it mostly the mouth wash that helps prevent it for you or the milk or chamomile do you think?

Also, as far as that desire to drink water (which doesn't always help), like I asked before, do you think it's more to do with the heat produced by the smoke or vapor or the anandamide that all weed products produce?

Personally, I think it has more to do with the heat than the anandamide as it's not nearly so bad when I vape on low temperatures, use menthol solution in my bong and almost non-existent when I eat edibles. So then, if I can figure out the best ways to cool the smoke/vapor that should do a lot. I had forgotten how well menthol worked in bongwater, so now I think I'll try it in my bowls too, either on a little bud or in the bowl head itself. Hell, I guess I could probably even put it in the weed in my vaporizer. Do you think if you tried that that it would personally make you went to drink less water and get less cotton mouth?
I think it's a combination of the heat and the smoke. Like I'd mentioned a fatty bong rip, like super fat, will dry my mouth more than anything. I'll have water in my mouth and it's literally still bone dry.

Probably more to do with the smoke? It's hard to say. I did use the biotene after seshes for awhile and it definitely helped. The kind of dry mouth I get from dab pens is minimal and I do think the hot chamomile tea (with almond milk) does help. I've recently been using a DaVinci vape with a friend of mine and we've been getting totally blitzed from that. You barely exhale anything and then you're just high as hell. I honestly can't recommend these things enough. A nice milky bong rip sometimes is just too hard to resist given I rarely smoke now and I love seeing a clean bong get absolutely ghost white and rendering myself a deflated manikin.

It's like $300 but I think I'm going to get one. I miss bud, and having chronic tinnitus that is worsened by smoking or dab pens, vaping bud doesn't cause it. Not sure the cause of my tinnitus yet, seeing an ENT in 2 weeks to assess fluid in ears and potentially getting tubes. I have an ear infection right now actually which has been making it worse.

Gum doesn't work well enough? lmao, my guy, you're not chewing the right gum for cottonmouth.

Allow me to introduce you to the most wonderful, fantabulous mother fuckin' taste you've ever tasted and caused you to salivated:

I prefer Orange and Blue Raspberry if you're interested in buying a single flavor.

Brother, I swear to God-- best gum I've ever had. One downside: it has an insanely high sugar content. Something like 2g per piece. It's also a tough chew. More like Bazooka than Juicy Fruit, but tastes better than both.
EDIT:
Holy shit, there's also Bubblicious (or maybe Bubble Yum? idk, blue and purple packaging, looks so dope) Cotton Candy gum. It's hard to find in person but a cinch online-- only catch is I'd only recommend it if you want a gum that's so laden with sugar your teeth might rot after a pack or two. Fucking delicious, but straight up sugar. Fuck, it might even be concentrated sugar, like sugar-squared or some shit.

Last edited:
I think it's a combination of the heat and the smoke. Like I'd mentioned a fatty bong rip, like super fat, will dry my mouth more than anything. I'll have water in my mouth and it's literally still bone dry.

Probably more to do with the smoke? It's hard to say. I did use the biotene after seshes for awhile and it definitely helped. The kind of dry mouth I get from dab pens is minimal and I do think the hot chamomile tea (with almond milk) does help. I've recently been using a DaVinci vape with a friend of mine and we've been getting totally blitzed from that. You barely exhale anything and then you're just high as hell. I honestly can't recommend these things enough. A nice milky bong rip sometimes is just too hard to resist given I rarely smoke now and I love seeing a clean bong get absolutely ghost white and rendering myself a deflated manikin.

It's like $300 but I think I'm going to get one. I miss bud, and having chronic tinnitus that is worsened by smoking or dab pens, vaping bud doesn't cause it. Not sure the cause of my tinnitus yet, seeing an ENT in 2 weeks to assess fluid in ears and potentially getting tubes. I have an ear infection right now actually which has been making it worse.
Can you vape flower with the DaVinci vape pen or wax or both?

So it barely gives you cotton mouth at all?

I'm still really having trouble with this because I still drink too much water and I'm up much of the night pissing cause of my embarrassing bladder issue (whatever, everyone gets something) and even though I used biotene mouthwash, Xylimelts and All day spray and put menthol in my weed I still slept like shit. I'm not sure what the solution to this is. It's getting like I can't even enjoy weed that much anymore cause I pay for it with such shitty sleep. The only solution seems to be smoking exclusively during the day so I finish pissing everything out by night time, but apparently smoking till 8:00 and vaping till 10:30ish last night was too late...

Just flower, maybe wax if you mixed it in but it would need some cleaning after. Yeah, no cotton mouth at all actually. Vape pens don't usaully dry my mouth out, but dabs can and did to me tonight. I usually don't drink too much water because if it gets too bad for me the water just does nothing. It's like if there was a room flooded with water but everything was completely dry inside. I hit some joint tonight and took some dabs which would explain why I'm at where I'm at, been blitzed out of my mind for hours. A friend of mine works at a dispensary now and wouldn't stop offering stuff since he can get so much of it for free lol. Gram joints for 1 penny. Ended up taking 3, one of which was way too hot. Cooler dabs are like a vape pen and don't really dry me out.

Tinnitus tends to not strike me with the davinci vape either which is a big side effect of THC for me ever since August last year, possibly from massive overuse. If it makes my ringing worse then it must have caused it but I've been in somewhat of a denial of it being the true cause and need to really take a break for awhile, I'm just very addicted to THC. My ears are screaming right now but I don't care. I guess not getting out as much since everyone I know is always working or because my mental state isn't good makes it easier to accidentally overindulge on weed or in this case dabs. Same friends for a very long time, doing the same stuff in the same apartment. In an environment where nothing seems to change it's easy to forget about the problems outside of it. Plus it's rare we can all chill, everyone's always working

I'm way too high and rambling right now though. Ultimately the DaVinci is worth it and I need to look into it since it can get me high while keeping my ears quieter and this happened 2 of the 3 times I've used it. Hard to say then if it doesn't worsen my ear ringing symptoms, I've gotten high at my friends house a couple other times and my ears seemed to be fine for some reason. It gets pretty loud in there and might shift fluid around or something, that was my only theory. I would think given the very small amount of vape and how little I have to vape to get high it's probably why my ears got quieter, but I need to experiment with it more. I do want one though, I don't like smoking anymore.

One of those times with it I took many many hits though, but my ears quieted down after awhile. Tonight no such thing, some of the worst ear ringing I've ever had. Way more THC ingested than in a long time though thanks to those dabs. Last time I took quite a few, a half G was packed in of only 15% THC weed and on the 2nd out of 4 heat settings, about 5-6 rips of it got me seriously stoned. I'd previously smoked it through little pods that come with the grinder which put the weed in, but it only holds 0.2 (thing holds half G max but you could probably stuff more in if it's finely ground dense bud).

I don't know where I'm going with this but yeah I never got cotton mouth from it. Smoke 100% causes more cotton mouth. Dabs aren't quite as bad for me.

Last edited:
Gum doesn't work well enough? lmao, my guy, you're not chewing the right gum for cottonmouth.

Allow me to introduce you to the most wonderful, fantabulous mother fuckin' taste you've ever tasted and caused you to salivated:

I prefer Orange and Blue Raspberry if you're interested in buying a single flavor.

Brother, I swear to God-- best gum I've ever had. One downside: it has an insanely high sugar content. Something like 2g per piece. It's also a tough chew. More like Bazooka than Juicy Fruit, but tastes better than both.
EDIT:
Holy shit, there's also Bubblicious (or maybe Bubble Yum? idk, blue and purple packaging, looks so dope) Cotton Candy gum. It's hard to find in person but a cinch online-- only catch is I'd only recommend it if you want a gum that's so laden with sugar your teeth might rot after a pack or two. Fucking delicious, but straight up sugar. Fuck, it might even be concentrated sugar, like sugar-squared or some shit.
Fuckin sugar junkies!
gotdammit jibult learn to hydrate right!

Just flower, maybe wax if you mixed it in but it would need some cleaning after. Yeah, no cotton mouth at all actually. Vape pens don't usaully dry my mouth out, but dabs can and did to me tonight. I usually don't drink too much water because if it gets too bad for me the water just does nothing. It's like if there was a room flooded with water but everything was completely dry inside. I hit some joint tonight and took some dabs which would explain why I'm at where I'm at, been blitzed out of my mind for hours. A friend of mine works at a dispensary now and wouldn't stop offering stuff since he can get so much of it for free lol. Gram joints for 1 penny. Ended up taking 3, one of which was way too hot. Cooler dabs are like a vape pen and don't really dry me out.

Tinnitus tends to not strike me with the davinci vape either which is a big side effect of THC for me ever since August last year, possibly from massive overuse. If it makes my ringing worse then it must have caused it but I've been in somewhat of a denial of it being the true cause and need to really take a break for awhile, I'm just very addicted to THC. My ears are screaming right now but I don't care. I guess not getting out as much since everyone I know is always working or because my mental state isn't good makes it easier to accidentally overindulge on weed or in this case dabs. Same friends for a very long time, doing the same stuff in the same apartment. In an environment where nothing seems to change it's easy to forget about the problems outside of it.

I'm way too high and rambling right now though. Ultimately the DaVinci is worth it and I need to look into it since it can get me high while keeping my ears quieter and this happened 2 of the 3 times I've used it. Hard to say then if it doesn't worsen my ear ringing symptoms, I've gotten high at my friends house a couple other times and my ears seemed to be fine for some reason. It gets pretty loud in there and might shift fluid around or something, that was my only theory. I would think given the very small amount of vape and how little I have to vape to get high it's probably why my ears got quieter, but I need to experiment with it more. I do want one though, I don't like smoking anymore.

One of those times with it I took many many hits though, but my ears quieted down after awhile. Tonight no such thing, some of the worst ear ringing I've ever had. Way more THC ingested than in a long time though thanks to those dabs. Last time I took quite a few, a half G was packed in of only 15% THC weed and on the 2nd out of 4 heat settings, about 5-6 rips of it got me seriously stoned. I'd previously smoked it through little pods that come with the grinder which put the weed in, but it only holds 0.2 (thing holds half G max but you could probably stuff more in if it's finely ground dense bud).

I don't know where I'm going with this but yeah I never got cotton mouth from it. Smoke 100% causes more cotton mouth. Dabs aren't quite as bad for me.
Thats good that it helps for you.

The one thing that has started working for me well starting yesterday is putting a shitload of menthol solution on my weed regardless of smoking or vaping. The downside is you can't taste the weed, but the upside is almost no coughing or dry mouth at all. I need to keep experimenting to get it just right, but especially with my herbalaire vaporizer if I put a couple drops of menthol in there I had no problems yesterday. If I do want to taste the weed well, then I guess I have to pay the price and get cotton mouth and need to drink a shitload of water. It is what it is.

Fuckin sugar junkies!
gotdammit jibult learn to hydrate right!
lmao!
You're saying this to a dude that's fallen victim to heat exhaustion on three separate occasions in the past 4 years. Pretty sure one of them was a heatstroke that fucked my head up permanently but it's w/e

What I'm saying here is I'm trying, brother, I'm trying!

(It really is the best gum ever but the disclaimer was kind of necessary)