• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Reluctantly Sober

SnaggyGA

Greenlighter
Hello Blue light, it is great to have this forum with people who are like minded as I. Please let me give you some back story. I am a 48 year old man, who has been home now four month after a five year federal sentence for bank fraud. So basically I have been clean since Aug. 8, 2018. Every since I first tried crack at the age of 17, and for all of you who did cocaine in the 90's, it took me down through there. But in 2010 I was introduced to Meth and I found my "friend." Gone were the days of spending my whole check chasing a high that on lasted 10 mins tops. My sex life even improved because I no longer suffered from dopedick. But then in 2013 I moved up to the big leagues as I started using the needle. At first it to took me through the ringer, hell one day I may even tell the story of how I ended up on the roof of a Piggly Wiggly grocery store asleep in a air conditioning vent. Lol. But after a stint at a loony house at the end of that year, I was determined to learn how to use without getting all spun out. I soon would learn that shooting dope was like riding a 1000cc motorcycle. If you didn't respect the power that it contained the bike would disrespect you. So shooting up would become a ritual for me, that I only indulged in when the climate around was right. Now yes I was doing illegal things to buy my product, but hey I learned my lesson. I am not going back.

Which brings me to my dilemma. As I said in my introductory post. I miss it, but because of my probation a my past record, I HAVE TO STAY CLEAN, and I was fine with that until one late night I put into the google search engine "women who like to shoot meth" and boy then I was introduced to the world of Tumblr and Reddit, where people are openly getting high on camera and it turned me up. As much as I loved to get high, I guess you could say that I have a sick fetish for seeing women shoot up, and now my demons are awake fully and now i am mad that I am in a position where I can't get off the porch and play and that pisses me off. Honest I thought I had changed but I am understanding the difference between Compliance and Change.

If you really want to stay clean and maybe enjoy life without the fear of going back to lockup I would suggest staying off the internet. The more you watch things that appeal to you that involve drugs the more miserable you are going to be because you can't have any.

I mean you said it yourself. You have to stay clean. Why torture yourself thinking about all the fun everyone else is having and you are stuck behind a keyboard with nothing. Why deal with all the triggers?

I think a lot of people forgot what it's like to take a walk or play with your pets or find a hobby or do a project around the house or just read a book or cook a nice meal and invite someone over. We seem to have our faces in our phones 24/7 and if we aren't careful we forget our priorities and end up right back where we were.

First off, congratulations on your release from the dungeons of the state. I’m sure it feels good, especially having to go through the pandemic in such an environment

I think that NR’s advice about investing your time in more “wholesome” activities is good…I’m not sure that I’d suggest avoiding the internet entirely, at least not if it’s not completely necessary (cuz otherwise you’ll be depriving yourself of the distinct pleasure of visiting Bluelight lol) but perhaps there’s something you enjoy that you could focus your attention on instead?

As I said in my introductory post. I miss it, but because of my probation a my past record, I HAVE TO STAY CLEAN, and I was fine with that until one late night I put into the google search engine "women who like to shoot meth" and boy then I was introduced to the world of Tumblr and Reddit, where people are openly getting high on camera and it turned me up.

I’m surprised that you were able to see such risqué content through a Google search nowadays lol 😅