• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Reluctant acceptance

shellexstoner

Greenlighter
I am almost 42 years of age, and first smoked weed when I was almost 16. Unfortunately I had no adverse reaction, in fact, quite the opposite! I fell in love with marijuana and the wonderful effect it had on me. I have smoked bongs pretty much since then...alot more as I grew older and could afford to buy it regularly. It has helped me through many tough times - losing my dad at age 19, coping in an abusive unhappy marriage, losing my mum 3 years ago....and many other shitful low times in my life. It has been my best friend, always guaranteeing to take the edge off the uncomfortable times, and making me love life even more during the good times. It became part of my life - I smoked when I was happy, sad, frustrated, anxious, depressed etc....I couldn't imagine life without it, & even pictured myself as a little old woman in my rocking chair, smoking a joint...I always said I'd give up everything bar my beloved weed. I have had the odd period of abstinence, especially when I was studying, as I found it difficult to retain any new information, but I've always loved it and gone back to it. Unfortunately about 18 months ago I began getting sick - upper abdominal cramping - like someone was literally squeezing the crap out of my stomach (just below my sternum & slightly to the left, exactly where the stomach is anatomically positioned). Accompanied with it was chronic nausea and/or vomiting, profuse perspiration, and sometimes diarrhea. Needless to say I have presented at DEM fairly regularly, roughly every 3 or so months. I could NOT accept their diagnosis, especially as it was pretty much just based on the fact that I desperately wanted to have a hot shower, and that I answered yes when they asked if I choofed or not. I am still on the public health waiting list for other investigations such as an endoscopy, but after the frequent occurrence and further research I have finally accepted that I am one of the very unlucky ones who has developed CHS...OH GOD, WHY ME??? Boo Hoo, it's not fair!!!! Regular anti emetics don't work like they used to - I always end up needing IV fluids and ondansetron and sometime largactil as well, which fit the selection criteria. It's been super hard but I haven't choofed for a month, and am praying that I never feel that sick and uncomfortable ever again...only time will tell!

Welcome to bluelight. Moving this thread.

Anonymous -> Healthy Living

Another cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome post. Good luck finding lots of ppl who sympathize with you, many folks do not even believe in this condition. There's a megathread for this I think. I have heard of this in people who eat tons of edibles and dab all day. Something to do with cannibinoids building up in the lipids in over abundance. I am no doc so I'm just shooting off the top of my head. The hot shower is interesting as it seems to go hand in hand with this condition. I really don't understand the cause of this or if it is real but I'm leaning toward I its very real and awful. When you stopped smoking it went away right? Seems to be the theme

Though the cause is unknown, it could be related to changes in GI function related to cannabis habituation (and apparent malfunction in its absence). You need to try cutting down how much you smoke.

Something to do with cannibinoids building up in the lipids in over abundance.

This doesn't seem particularly plausible.

ebola