View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Reliving early memories

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
Why is this theraputic? Why do psychedelic experiences increase the frequency of this naturally.

It's probably similar to facing your fears. Some of them can be therapeutic, but I argue some of them are not. >.<

I think it's the changes that it causes in the brain. The mental "barrier" gets broken down and prevents you from blocking your memories and emotions like you normally can when sober.

ya but do you think the frequency of these sorts of thoughts increase after taking for discussions sake LSD..??

Ime, it was pretty random, at least on lsd that was the case. Even if you tried to focus on something else, blocked memories and emotions would spring forth anyway.

Other times, all I had were crazy, morphing/waving/web-like oev, and cev were whatever I was thinking about at the moment; fields, animals, different colors, etc.

At first, they increased (blocked memories). Later on, they occurred less often when I got "use" to lsd. For the record, I have no idea why.

I've experienced similar things on LSD. Shrooms, DMT, Mescaline, and even the old shameful days of DXM have no sort of nostalgia or re-living effects for me. My old golden retriever, however, seems to appear in a lucid dream the day after an LSD trip. He was my best friend at the time and the experience is so friggin' real. It's been 8 years since he's passed yet he seems to be a Sherpa. I play with him for an hour or so then he bolts into a tree line and dissapears...I can't keep up with him. It's extremely warm and comfortable to experience this, but I feel I still have some exploring to do and need to follow him further. This may be slightly off topic and for that, I apologize...hope you found it slightly relevant.

There are studies that show when a drug is ingested again, that we used to use frequently ... Memories of past experiences on that drug resurface

I've been reading a book by Stanislav Grof about his experiences using LSD for psychotherapy. He found the regressive memory effect pretty consistent and reproducible, granted this was in a clinical setting with a guided experience by a therapist.