• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Reliable yet simple TEK for DMT extraction?

pathosinvalid

Greenlighter
Hello guys! I deeply apologize if there's a specific place for this.. But, my question is in regards to, you guessed it, DMT extraction.
Prior, I already have my Mimosa Hostilis bark. (100g)

I know I know, people love to freak out about home experiments. At least with LSD. Im not trying to create some super underground legit chemist shit like LSD. I do not have the knowledge, nor the thousands worth of equipment.. So why not try DMT? It seems a lot simpler. I do have >somewhat< knowledge with extraction. Helped a buddy out with DXM extraction a few months ago. This place is dry of DMT, so I wish to bring it to life and explore my mind more than our ole buddy LSD can do for us.
Lets begin.

I am about to post materials and procedure given to me from a source. What im asking, is if its reliable. Is there steps that I shouldn't do? More precise measurements? The TEK is broad, and could have had more detail.. But here is what I got from it, written in personal notes. (Didn't leave any important info out, don't worry.)

First, The materials that are suggested.

MATERIALS
-900mL Jar
-200mL Jar
-100g Mimosa Hostilis
-150mL Naphtha (zippo)
-100g Lye
-600mL Water
-Turkey Baster
-Freezer
-Knife
-Safety Goggles & Gloves

PROCEDURE

Step 1
Put on goggles, as well as gloves (Safety first)

Step 2
Have water boiled and left to cool. Then add Lye slowly until solution is clear

Step 3
Once solution is clear, add the Mimosa Bark into solution. Screw lid onto the jar and leave in room temperature for 24 hours.

Step 4
After 24 hours, add the Naphtha. Place lid on, and shake.

Step 5
Leave again for another 24 hours. Naphtha extracts the DMT.

Step 6
Use the Turkey Baster to collect the Naphtha and put it into the 200mL Jar

Step 7
Place jar of Naphtha into the Freezer for 24 hours.

Step 8
Take out the solution, and leave it out for 30 minutes until the Naphtha becomes clear. Then slowly pour it back into the jar filled with the root bark and left in aquarium heater?

Step 9
Only thing that should be left is white/yellow crystals left in the jar. Leave out to dry for 24 hours (less with fan), and then your DMT is ready to scrape and smoke!

That in a nutshell is pretty much it. As you can probably tell, it's a little broad. I do acknowledge the fact that dealing with such chemicals is dangerous, but, DMT is a very fond thing to me spiritually and I wish to further explore without the faulty false hope with people who "have the connect who has the connect who has the connect"

Many people make it as you know. Of course, not everyone, but. Ya know. Can someone further clarify this TEK? Anything that I shouldnt do, or is unnecessary? Important question - When it says Mimosa Bark, is it meaning I don't crush it into a powder? I have 100g of the powder.

Such questions I have about the TEK itself.. What kind of Lye should I use? I heard Red Devil is one people use a lot. And could someone further clarify what must be done in step 6 to properly obtain that? How do I collect it with the turkey baster? Another which strikes me as odd.. The 8th step tells me to put in aquarium heater? Im not sure where that came from.. is this an important step? Is there anything I can do as an alternative option?

All and above, is this a good TEK? My assumptions (from 100g of mimosa) is that this will yield about 3-4grams of N,N-DMT.

Leave suggestions, tips, and additions. I really wish to start this project soon, I have all the materials, aside from the Lye.
Any other TEK that may be simpler and quicker? Im not a chemist out of Harvard, so simplistic things such as this TEK would be nice. Do you guys have a TEK you use that ends with good successful results? Thanks a lot for input!

Lye is lye, it's all sodium hydroxide, there's no different "kinds".

Mimosa bark should be ground finely to get maximum surface area.

You collect the naptha with a turkey baster because the naptha doesn't dissolve in the water and seperates out as an oil layer.

The aquarium heater is a gentle source of heat to encourage naptha to evaporate.

Naptha can take a brutally long time to evaporate on it's own.
I have been trying to evaporate down 500mL of naptha for two months, now it is down to the level to where I can do another freeze precip.
This is of course though still in a mason jar so it's exposure to air currents is limited as well as it has a low surface area compared to letting it evaporate in a pyrex baking dish.