• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Relevant Help ASAP...Suboxone To Kick Mental Cravings?

thanks everyone for the replies and sofar (and i dont mean this as threatening or negative) but technolicious your the outlier of common experiences of bupe. Most people find it helpful for cravings AND they have gotten high off bupe from the first few times taking it. Thank you though for your imput.

I have no idea how im going to feel. But one thing i do know is that im going to wait around 22-24 hours before dosing.

Whats really plaguing me is how much to take. Before i started asking questions i planned on taking a whole 8mg tablet under the tongue. Now im thinking mostly like i will start off with 2mg and go up from there maybe to 4mg if 2 does nothing. I have 16mg worth so if 2mg does the trick then it will last me a while.

Any thoughts on how much i should take???

i have SO much to say about this topic, both through my own experience, and also from other friends experience, going back to 1992..

but, i will wait until later.
For now i will just weigh in on what has already been said, based on my own experience.
ihad not heard about anyone else's experience throughout the times i went through my own.
i am amazed to hear, pretty consistently, how similar everyone else's is to my own.
especially on 2 main points...
i had , on one ocassion, taken the buph way too early, because i was not told about that aspect.
just like many other people,,,, i'm guessing....i was SO excited to go on with my decision to make this major, life saving, change in my life, that i just wanted to jump into it as soon as i could.
in my enthusiasm, and without knowing about how it all works, i took my first dose of buph almost immediatly....like within 6 hours.
It was HELL...and, to make matters worse, i had never been through any form of opiate withdrawel before this..
although it was absolutely horrible, i must say, on the brightside, it only lasted about 9 hours, and then it was 99% over.
but, since i had never been through any withdrawels prior to this, i have nothing to compare it to.
i only had 2 experiences of doing this, i got it right on the second try....
the second time around, since i was mortified, i waited about 36 hours, at which point i really was not feeling any withdrawel, but, i took it anyway.
WOW, it was f****g amazing... i was SO clear, and in a sort of state of bliss...i guess this was REALLY what the term "euphoria" means.
on this time around, it did everything it was supposed to.
i had ZERO withdrawel, NOTHING.
it also took away all mental craving for opiates...and i was on a 400-500mg per day oxy habit...and, thats crushed oxy.
i took Buprenex, the injectible bersion of buph...which, by the way, is not approved for opiate addiction, so you do not need a special dr. with all of the suboxone red-tape...any dr. can prescribe it under the same rules as any schedule 3 drug..
it is applroved for pain... it is exactly the same buph...and IM injection (when it is the correct, sanctioned way) is 7 times more efficient than sublingual.

anyway, that was 9 months ago, and as a sort of insurance policy, i continued to take the buph, and still do.
i have never even thought about opiates ever since, and on some subtle level, just knowing that i cannot take opiates, because they wouldnt do a thing, that also was helpful.
but, a very important part of this is TIME.... just creating a long, long period of time, where you lose the ritualistic habit of doing opiates.
at this point, i cannot even believe i ever did opiates....and, as a reward for all of this... i just got something i was not even thinking about during the whole opiate phase of my life..... LOVE...
falling in love with an awesome woman

When I was taking aroung 60- 80 mg's a day, I took a whole 8mg probably 18 hours after my last dose. It felt amazing that first time. You don't need to be as careful because of the safety profile of buprenorphine. Being the partial agonist. With your tolerance you can take the whole thing without a problem. If you are really worried about it then take half at first, then the other half 45 min later.

UPDATE:

Ok real quick, ill write a longer post later. I took 4mg of suboxone ~14 hrs after my last dose of oxy which was 3 X 5/325. This dose was around 11 am this morning. I felt amazing after 1 hour of the dose and still feel good now ~2.5hrs later.

QUESTION: When should i dose again? When i feel i need it? I was thinking around 9pm tonight. And what dosage should i take 4mgs again. I have approx 12mg left. Should i just take 4mg / day or 4mg X 2 / day?

thanks

-UK

you might try 2mg twice a day as that should hold you well(everyone is different though). If 2mg twice a day holds you then you can slowly taper down from there. 4mg I think may be a bit much as 4mg 3x a day held me coming off 60mg of methadone

I think 2mg's works for you too, you might try 2mg's the next day.
The good thing is you're Suboxone will last a bit longer :)

well i ran out of suboxone last night (24 hours ago) AND I STILL FEEL NOTHING

NO WITHDRAWLS NO MENTAL CRAVINGS NOTHING! Im really suprised whats going on here, it might be due to the half life on 36 hyrs but your still supposed to take it 1-2X day.

I think thats it for me, no more, done. Well see how i feel tomorrow.

oh yeah one question.

I stopped useing OXY on sunday. Will my tolerance go down while using those suboxones (4mg) or because it was an opiate probably stay the same? i plan on not using suboxone or oxy or any opiate for atleast a week or so. Wish me luck! Today was my first day without ANY OPIATE USE IN ATLEAST 4 MONTHS!

:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the unknown said:
im taking 4mg X2 day and its working fine....
I am sure it was, my point was that you probably don't need to be taking that much. Also, Suboxone tapers aren't generally done that quickly, we'll see how you feel tomorrow. If you are fine then I imagine you didn't need it in the first place. As for the mental cravings, good luck, it's going to get a lot harder. a small dose of suboxone 2 times a day is great for mental cravings but it sounds as though you may not need it. Hope all is well, cheers.

It was fast just becaues thats all i had....:::sigh::::

but well see..............

like i mentioned in a previous post, i got through a 400-500mg per day oxy habit with ZERO withdrawel and cravings......
but, i just kept on taking the buph indefinately...
it is now 9 months later and i am still on a regular schedule of buph.....
i just decided to go that route because i was SO amazed at the results after the first 2 weeks...that 2 week period was probably the "window" in which withdrawel from oxy would have happened without the buph.
i figured that by staying on it i had nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain.
also, my insurance payed for it, so cost/availability was not an issue.
i am taking Buprenex, the injectible version.... it comes in only one dose, 0.3mg glass ampules which , from what i understand, is the equivalent of 2mg sublingual.
since the injectible is not approved for opiate addiction, you do not need a special doctor, or waivers etc. its a schedule 3 pain med, so any dr. can prescribe it...
just in case anyone here has a doctor who would write the script for them, it is a much better route to go, if you can.
you wont be on record as having been opiate addicted, and the whole process is alot easier..plus this (injectible) route is way more efficient.
another thing i have heard, and appears to be true from my own subjective experience, is not only does buph have a "ceiling" effect, but, there is a point, a "sweet spot" with regard to dosage amount, where the effects decrease with a higher dosage...
i definately found that a lower dose is far more powerful once you find that "tipping point" that is right for you.

god i have more buprenophine than i know what to do with........my bup doctor prescribed me way more pills than i needed for months.....They are all 8 mg pills too =/ They just sit in my room, probably going to get old...

hmmm....sounds like a advertisement. I didn't know that was allowed around here?

Cause if so I got some rims I have laying around...as well as a chevy impala to sell.

32 mg is the cieling point for suboxone, 4 pills daily. A doctor wont prescribe more than that. I would give my suboxone away but thats illegal =/

I was just busting your balls....lol

I usually don't take 4 each day, but I've been tempted. Would I get higher from taking 2x my usual dose or would the effects stop. I never take the dose at once so I would it bypass the ceiling a bit?