• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Relatively "Safe" Drugs

rollingsktr

Greenlighter
Hello all, the past few days I have been researching drugs extensively. I am a somewhat regular cannabis user (3-4 times a week), never tried anything else but looking to try LSD within the next few months. I have been researching drugs that I will and will not mess with. Anything that has the potential to be even slightly addictive (no more addictive than, say, weed) is a big no. Anything that can be easily ODed on. Anything that has serious health effects. And finally, while not really a health concern, anything that is likely to make me throw up (I know this doesn't always mean the drug is bad, I just don't think the effects of any drug are worth throwing up for). So, I have tried to make a little "bucket list"...and just checking with you nice folks to see if, despite my research, any are still harmful/easy to be abused. The list is:

• Cannabis (of course)
  • LSD
  • Shrooms
  • Mescaline (in its various forms, Peyote, etc.)
  • DMT (in its various forms, Ayahuasca, etc.)
  • LSA (maybe...vomiting?...in its various forms, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, etc.)
  • Salvia divinorum

Basically, I think I have just narrowed it down to weed and the traditional psychedelics as they seem to be the least abused. I understand you can have a "bad trip" on a lot of these, but that is a risk I am willing to take as long as I have a sitter and am in a comfortable setting. And of course, I am not going to start off with something so powerful as DMT, just start with shrooms/acid and work my way up. In my search, I completely crossed off all opiates and benzos and stimulants, as they all seem to be at least slightly addictive. I also did not consider a lot of the mild drugs (Kava-Kava, Khat), as weed seems to be the winner for that, and I'm not really interested in a mild buzz. At first, I also had ketamine and MDMA (Ecstasy) on my list, but after further research I thought it would be best to cross them off as well...Thoughts? I understand drugs affect all people differently and any over-used drug can be harmful to a person, but do you all think I would be okay just sticking to this list? Weed and the traditional psychedelics? I am open to any other suggestions as well.

i dunno man, i have some mental health issues that make basically all of these more dangerous than. say. codeine?
its all 'relative'.

if you're interested in talking about those particular drugs you might wanna check out these places;
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/70-Cannabis-Discussion
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/48-Psychedelic-Drugs

or perhaps http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/76-Drug-Culture

*edit*
oh sorry, i'm a little drunk and i thought you meant just in general, not specifically for you.
most of those are quite safe - but then again anything is in the right amounts.
stick with what you know/are comfortable with and work up slow.
i would recommend shrooms before any of the other psychedelics, and fyi i've always found Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds to be super vomit-inducing and an all round horrible experience.

Last edited:
I only have experience with a few of those things on your list, but I think you're almost spot on pertaining to substances that will not cause addiction.

Except maybe for the LSD.

Personally, I found that once you discover the proper amount that your own body is, uh.. "willing?" to handle without sending you somewhere terrifying or incredibly introspective, then you will want that feeling over and over again.

I don't think you'd suffer withdrawals without it, but addiction comes in many forms, I suppose.

As for the other things on your list, I just have to ask myself if it is a realistic option.
That's some heavy stuff.:?

All that being said, you've come to the right place for answers. I'm sure someone much more informed than I can give you some better information.

Peace, Love, and Harmony, friend. :)

Thanks for the responses guys, and @Khelz, LSD is not addictive at all, from what I have read. Haven't actually done it so what do I know? But anyways, if the drugs on my list are "okay", what about ecstasy? I have completely ruled out ketamine, but ecstasy is still a possibility.

Thanks @keeping for the heads up on the hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, from what I have read most forms of LSA are vomit inducing and are not enjoyable, but I could be wrong. If I am right, then I will take that off my list and just stick to the more enjoyable ones.

Feel free to add any other drugs that are relatively "harmless" and non-addictive, but as far as I know I think those are the major ones.

lol, these are not safe drugs.

some people trip and lose their fucking mind, me being one of them.

give me an opiate and put me on a couch; much better time, lol

Pretty much with all psychs you have a decent chance of vomiting or at the very least general GI upset / nausea.

Even mdma you've got a chance of vomiting... I suppose that can be avoided if you plug but I don't think that's realistic. Neurotoxic too.

There is always a risk of negative things happening with any drug you ingest, OTC or otherwise.

Well, @ImSTILLtrying, I have never tried any sort of psychs, so I am just speaking from what I've read...and as far as addiction goes, opiates are much more addictive than most psychs. The only adverse effect of most of the listed psychs are bad trips, but as far as addiction and potential for abuse goes...very small.

And @starting_over, thank you. Just trying to learn the effects of each drug before I take em.

Well, @ImSTILLtrying, I have never tried any sort of psychs, so I am just speaking from what I've read...and as far as addiction goes, opiates are much more addictive than most psychs. The only adverse effect of most of the listed psychs are bad trips, but as far as addiction and potential for abuse goes...very small.

And @starting_over, thank you. Just trying to learn the effects of each drug before I take em.
addictive, yes, opiates are much worse. but we are talking safe. psychedelics are not safe; all depends on the person and you need the RIGHT PERSON in order to enjoy something like this. even Molly, which I dont consider a psychedelic, but still a drug that gets the mind "rolling", can be harsh on some people but most enjoy a good "roll", baby.

Weed and salvia are the only ones I have tried.. unless the weed is laced, it is the shit! I have had laced weed, and of all things to be laced with, apparently it was PCP! I was a 14 year old, totally drug naïve teenager, who had only smoked weed 2 times maybe before smoking the shit that was laced with PCP too.. I believe it actually was too, because from what I have heard, the experience I had from it, was just like what the people I know who have tried PCP before told me what it was like to them.. and from what I have read about it as well.. IT was INTENSE. I was lost in some kind of odd trance like state, feeling as if I had entered a dream and could do whatever I wanted, which turned into more of a nightmare later on once it really hit me hard! I was freaking the fuck out, only having done one drug, weed, which I don't consider a real drug on its own, before hand! It was one of the scariest, weird feelings I have ever felt to this day.

I also tried salvia divinorum, at one of the strongest strength x's they made, I belive it was 50 or 60x, or the strongest one they sold near me.. Scariest feeling I have ever felt in my life! I took one big hit, thinking it wouldn't be so bad, and it would just be another "fun" drug to do, and when I exhaled after holding in that massive bong rip I took for over 30 secs, I had the worst TRIP of my life! I was in reality, on my sofa with 2 of my friends, and everything around me basically just went all black and fuzzy, like what you or I would imagine falling into an endless black hole to feel like, completely detached from this world... truly was an out of body out of mind experience... I completely got lost, in this scary trip, falling in what I though was a black hole or a bottomless pit, and while it only lasted maybe 15-25 mins or so, it felt like it lasted for days when I came back to reality! Single handedly, the most scary drug experience, trip wise I have ever had... I feel bad for the people who smoked this shit, while driving down the highway, thinking it was like smoking weed or something... I don't know how they could even pull over, and let someone else drive in that kind of mind state! scary shit!

I would recommend not doing salvia divinorum, ime it was NO FUN at all.. It made me never want to try any other hallucinogen ever again... scarred me for life.

@ImSTILLtrying, well that's the thing...I'm not touching anything that is even slightly addicting...that's the difference between opiates and psychedelics, if I don't like it or just don't want to do the drug anymore, with psychedelics I can just stop. They are not addicting. With opiates I may want to stop and can't, and will be sucked into addiction.

But anyways, I know some people really really love psychedelics, and some really really don't. I haven't tried any yet so I don't know what category I fall under, I might try LSD soon and hate it and never touch anything else again besides weed in my life, and that is fine. But I am very interested in the psychedelics, and all of the ones I've listed seem fairly safe from a physical standpoint, I understand people have bad trips but as long as precautions are taken (having a sitter, familiar and pleasant setting, etc) I don't really see how any harm can be done.

@Ilove2nod, PCP is not for me, at all. But of the ones I've listed, salvia seems to be the harshest. I've heard many horror stories from salvia, but then again I've heard mind-altering "wow that was crazy" too. I'm not sure about salvia, I am definitely on the fence about it.

Heroin - very safe if only Rx preps are used, with close medical supervision and good oral hygiene + diet and any extra monitoring that it may involve.

Yes, it will probably change your psychology for life - you will probably become hopelessly addicted to it - yes, it will in all probability leave you thinking about nothing else and will kill you instantly on occasion.

But apart from a couple of transient side effects while you begin to tolerate the drug, the permanent physical problems are either negligible or well managed if you take into account the first sentence and you can in all probability be withdrawn from the same after years of use with only a psychological desperation for more, with no wear and tear to ones body, if

you take into account the first sentence. Heroin - safe? :\

Sorry of this comes across as sarcastic, it's a good OP, but it's all horses for courses. I won't touch salvia d. for many the same reasons you have, i space my acid trips out as much as possible because of the potentially negative effects that, despite never using the drug, you seem to be aware of.

And I had to stop smoking weed for 2 years down to anxiety issues with it's use. Took me ages to 'learn' how to enjoy cannabis again after I was so greedy with it's use as a youngster. So what's safe?

PS> im a junkie btw