• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Relationships Before & After Psychedelic Use

Tripping with someone definitely builds a life-long bond that transcends time and distance.

As for love and relationships... I dosed with my GF's in the past. Usually in was great... except when it wasn't. But of course those were unhealthy relationships anyway. I guess that's no big surprise.

Even with someone you don't know too well? Does it depend on the person?

Even with someone you don't know too well? Does it depend on the person?

Well, during most of my years of heavy dosing I always tripped with the same crowd of 10-20 guys. We all bonded and became really close during that time. We will always have a special bond and be close friends. And really, anyone I've ever tripped with seemed to become much closer to me afterwards. It's an intensely bonding experience. Although I guess some people are annoying as fuck when they are tripping, so not EVERYONE will share a deep and powerful bond. But it definitely brought me and my friends much closer together.

I had some pretty powerful trips with my various girlfriends and lovers over the years. If your relationship is awesome, it will bring you closer together and take your love to "the next level", but if your relationship is unhealthy, it will just put things under a microscope and you will quickly start to realize that the relationship is doomed.

Last edited:
Some great posts in this thread.

Psychedelics have definitely helped to facilitate my friendships where I live now. Of course they would have continued to grow anyway without psychedelics, but such a powerful experience shared with someone is bound to facilitate bonding, assuming you are comfortable with and trust each other.

I've only tripped with a partner once, my current girlfriend. We took some mushrooms, but had a pretty light trip. She wants to try LSD soon with me, which I think will be more up her alley anyway. I'm pretty excited about it. We're very close and loving with each other, in 16 months we've never had cause to argue or be angry at each other a single time. It's certainly the healthiest and most mature relationship I've been in. I think it could be a great bonding experience, but also not necessary. I also am confident that it won't have a negative effect on our relationship.

Well, during most of my years of heavy dosing I always tripped with the same crowd of 10-20 guys. We all bonded and became really close during that time. We will always have a special bond and be close friends. And really, anyone I've ever tripped with seemed to become much closer to me afterwards. It's an intensely bonding experience. Although I guess some people are annoying as fuck when they are tripping, so not EVERYONE will share a deep and powerful bond. But it definitely brought me and my friends much closer together.

I had some pretty powerful trips with my various girlfriends and lovers over the years. If your relationship is awesome, it will bring you closer together and take your love to "the next level", but if your relationship is unhealthy, it will just put things under a microscope and you will quickly start to realize that the relationship is doomed.

Thanks for your input. I ask because I tripped with someone who I knew through a friend but I didn't know all that well. It was just the two of us indoors and it was ridiculously intense and powerful to the point I would not do it again with someone I am not already friends /close with.

It was great in other ways as far as insight but has been pretty awful in other ways as I think we bonded too much and felt all lovey, kissed passionately. I was in a relationship and he at the time but I stopped anything else happening. Not seen him since but still feel connected to him in some strange way. I still can't get the way he looked at me out of my head.

Last edited:
Lovers that trip together stay together. There is no bonding experience more intense (IME) than one spent on a potent mind altering substance. You shed you're psychological biases and even egos and share an experience higher and more mythical than normal consciousness. The times Ive tripped with my SO will stay with both of us til the day we die.