Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Relapsing MDMA comedown

laketree

Greenlighter
Hi

I seem to be experiencing an MDMA comedown which I keep relapsing into. I took it a month ago,
I had done MDMA twice before then, both were over a year ago (125mg and 250mg respectively) and both times I had little to no nasty effects on the comedown (the first time I had some minor left chest pain which came and went for about a week after taking it).

Whenever my friends do MDMA, they always do 500mg, I have always been under the impression that this is too much and that 250mg is the absolute maximum, however, this time, reassured by their past experiences and my experience on 250mg, I did 350mg. The night went fine with a nice mellow come up, towards the end of the night I began to see some strange blotches of light before I went to bed, but nothing else strange happened apart from that.

The next day I felt fine, however the following day, about an hour after getting up, the same sort of light tickly chest pain I'd had the first time I did MDMA started, although this time considerably more severe. The pain continued to various degrees throughout the entire day, getting worse as I began to panic later on. When I tried to sleep I kept jerking awake as I was getting close to dropping off, though this only happened a couple of times and I did manage to get to sleep reasonably quickly. The next day the chest pain continued, but began to decrease in the afternoon. I did some internet research for some foods/supplements which increase serotonin, so went and bought some turkey, dark chocolate, marmite and 5-HTP. I began totake 100mg of 5-HTP a day, 50mg in the morning and 50mg before bed, as well as eating the other foods. Throughout the next week I had a variety of symptoms coming and going: the chest pain, dizziness, anxiousness, hopelessness, a sort of unpleasant light feeling in my midriff and jaw pain (the jerking awake stopped after one night thankfully). I remember symptoms tended to be worse towards the end of the day. After about a week I began to notice significant improvement, so I stopped taking 5-HTP and symptoms began to become less frequent and less severe, they now only included the light tickly chest pain and a similar pain in my gums which I hadn't had before.

Two weeks and 4 days after taking it, I felt pretty much back to normal, so went on a night out with my friends. I had a reasonable amount to drink, as well as a little bit of shisha. Then, after about an hour of dancing in a club, I suddenly began to feel like I was back on MDMA again, i.e. the same good feelings as the original night. (This had actually happened to me before about a month after taking MDMA for the second time, yet the good feelings were less enhanced and I had no sort of 'comedown' in the following days). At the time, being drunk, I embraced the feeling, however it only lasted about 5/10 minutes as we had to go home as one of our party was ill. The next day (Friday), alongside being hungover, the chest pain and anxious/hopelessness returned, although not quite as severely as the first time. When I went to bed that night the 'jerking awake' also returned, but again only for one night. Saturday morning I had spells of just feeling rotten all over, alongside the chest pain, yet this seemed to disappear in the afternoon and into the evening. Sunday I began to feel bad, so started taking 5-HTP again. Over the next few days I had spells of the chest pain and the midriff feeling, however I felt better each day until Thursday morning I felt almost back to normal.

On Thursday morning I decided to 'satisfy myself' (apologies for this detail, but it really is relevant unfortunately). I did a quick Google search to see if this was advised against on a comedown, but didn't find anything, only one person actively encouraging it. However, it felt much better than usual and again reminded me of the feelings I'd had on MDMA. I should have stopped knowing what happened last time, but I didn't and again the 'MDMA feelings' only lasted around 5 minutes. For the rest of Thursday I felt ok, just with a little bit of the chest pain, however Thursday night I found myself jerking awake again. Friday afternoon the chest pain became more severe again, and in the evening the anxiousness, rottenness, feeling in the midriff and general muscle twitching returned. I can't quite remember if 'muscle twitching' was a symptom I had in my 'first and second comedown' or not, if it was it wasn't as severe as it is now. It comes and goes and the twitches aren't severe enough to be noticed by anyone watching me, they occur mainly in my legs, toes, fingers, arms, face etc. These symptoms have continued until now, they are eased if I take my mind off my condition, i.e. when chatting to someone, but at other times it is difficult to do this as I am beginning to get very worried about it all. The jerking awake stopped after Friday night, but then returned this morning when I woke up feeling rotten and anxious then tried to get back to sleep. I haven't had as much chest pain this time round, the twitching and spells of rottenness have been the main features. I generally feel restless and anxious the majority of the time (unless I'm suitably distracted).

My main worry is that I was taking 5-HTP (still 100mg a day) when the Thursday morning incident occurred, I've heard things about serotonin syndrome being linked to 5-HTP and MDMA (even though I didn't take any then, just had the feelings) at the same time. I stopped taking it on Saturday when I realised this, but started taking it again Monday afternoon as I was feeling so bad. It's worth noting that my friends, who each did 500mg of the same stuff as me, haven't experienced anything like this. One had no nasty effects at all and the other had dizziness and headaches for a few days but nothing more.

I apologize for the long post, but it's been a lengthy ordeal and I didn't want to leave out any details which might be important.
If anyone could give me any insight or advice as to what's happening to me or what I can do now I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you.

Sounds like you took too much. Give yourself a long break from drugs, try to eat healthy, and get plenty of exercise. You'll feel better with time.