• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Relapsing after 7 day detox

kayla4234

Greenlighter
Ok I've been on h for five months doing 9-9/1.5 bags at one shot snorting ... I came into a detox inpatient on Sunday last h dose on Saturday .. they're giving me methadone tapered 5mg DOWN per day.. yesterday was 30 .. today was 10 in the the morning and then 15mg at night ... Then tmm just 20 up until 0 ... If I go out and get high will my tolerance have gone down on the 7th day ? being that I'm on METHADONE & iTs STILL AN OPIOD Will I be able to do 9 bags one shot I. Know I shouldnt be asking this but I'm just Curious as it was a debate inside of this inpatient...this guy said he was doing TEN bags n after Five Day detox needed just one .. I'm trying to fight the urges and my counselor just told me there's a bed for the rehab down the hall idk if I will take the bed on day 7 of detox but I just want to know this thanks

No you'll die don't do more than one bag. You can always do more, but without narcan you can't come back

Methadone builds up. There will still be plenty in you on your day seven 0mg dosing, even though you wouldn't feel anything, and probably pretty shitty actually. Just no where near as shitty as full heroin withdrawal. They aren't tapering you off so much as holding you steady for a few days, then letting it trickle out over a week or two.

Hmm, well you put it like that, DO YOU THINK YOUR TOLERANCE TO ALCOHOL GOES DOWN IF YOU DRINK ONLY BOURBON FOR A SOLID WEEK??? And keep drinking it? Maybe a pint of a nice hoppy ale would knock you right out!

You do understand that methadone is an opioid like other opioids, and works on the μ-opioid receptor (MOR), along with δ- and κ-ORs, even the non-opioid σ-receptor sometimes? The whole sorority opioid rush.

Did you think that maybe since it's not quite as fun as some others, if must "work" through a different mechanism? It's actually just as good as turning that receptor on, it just likes to hide away in your fat forever. It has NMDA antagonist properties, unlike other opioids, that help with withdrawal suffering. You might consider that a gift even if it doesn't make you high.

That's why what you plan is dangerous: you are still high as a kite on a regular ol' μ-opioid receptor agonist, yet you have tolerance so don't realize you're still high, and plan to put a whole lot more on top. You might not feel the extra what with all the death. Or, you might not feel the extra because the methadone is kinetically in the way.

Last edited:
Yes your tolerance dropped as they did the best they can to reduce your severe dependency to as minimal as possible for you to jump off. The NMDA antagonism of methadone likely reduces tolerance too. You can always use more, but without narcan your dead if you od.

Do not use... If you do use half a bag and work up half bag at a time every hour or so at most until you figure out your dose if you decide to relapse, which you'll regret as it will be a waste of all that time in detox.

I'll add take the rehab bed. Just get off. You'll thank me for pushing you to do it if you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
After you figure out whether or not you're going to relapse, you should take a peek at this forum as will help with abstinence in the future if that's the direction you decide, Good Luck Kayla!

Yes but my methadone use is being lowered n is nothing compared to what I was doing out in the streets

Well then, what do you propose to do? Demand they keep your methadone at 30, nay, 60mg? Forever? Go back to "9-9/1.5 bags at one shot snorting" like you did when you were all bad-ass h-user "out in the streets"?

What do you want out of this single-week methadone detox anyway? Is it just a bizarre way to reset your tolerance? Cause you don't need methadone for that, you can just stop using. You'll be OK, people are forced to quit all the time,

A lot of places have exactly zero opportunity for sanctioned detox of any kind. Your rehab may have turned down a hundred people in the time you've been bitching about having to wait too long to use again, because you're busy taking up someone's bed and probably haven't so much as dumped an ashtray.*

I really despise rehabs and the whole recovery industry, but I at least respected the folks around me who were sincere about it.

*Unless it's that place in Oakland downtown, where even though they've also got the top floor, with open goddamned airflow, there's no smoking. Not even any fucking reading. I lasted maybe 36 hours.

If the methadone isn't holding you tell them that's the case and you know you're going to relapse if nothing's done. Tell them you're planning to possibly use when you get out. It's a craving they need to acknowledge

^this

how did you feel on the highest dose of methadone they gave you? i would think raising it a bit is not that extreme of an option since they were willing to administer that to you over bupe in the first place.