• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Relapsed badly

Pillsbury_Dope_Boy

Bluelighter
I have been "clean" (quote marks b/c on Suboxone) for 2 months.

My dose of subs is 2mg per day. I got some Xanax and decided to stop taking the subs. After half a day, I had relapsed into heroin. Luckily, what I got was not Fentanyl. So it didn't kill me.

How do I prevent this from happening? Just stay on the subs?

well no i don't have "non-laced heroin" at my disposal (i got it from some rando on the street). also, why would that be a good thing if i did?

my goal here is not to "do drugs and 'get away' with it" (i.e. not die/go to jail). that USED to be my goal when i was younger and stupider and thought i was smarter than everyone.

i could have access to a 20-year supply of the finest, purest heroin in the world, and 20 years from now I would just be 50 years old, alone, and probably quite unhealthy. And with nothing to show for it.

just look at any picture of an aged rock/pop star from the 70s or 80s who was known to do drugs. a lot of them look like hell. and they certainly were able to "do drugs and 'get away' with it" due to their fame and money.

you never actually 'get away' with anything. The Piper needs to be paid at some point. better earlier than later.

of course i'm not saying you are suggesting "do drugs and get away with it." but a lot of people do. doctors, even. "just stay on subs forever," they tell me.

ugh.

thanks for reply.

Nothing makes me relapse back onto opioids like benzos (unless its, um, opioids, lol)
I've been "clean" on bupe and miserable enough to have a diazepam or two which sent me straight back to thinking it was all just fine, no problem, take the dope, it's just how it goes.
Why not stay on bupe?

I’m right there with you, even an unlimited supply isn’t enough with this drug.

It was definitely the xanax, it makes us do dumb things. GABA hitting drugs are some of the worst to use in recovery, they bring down all intelligent forethought.

-GC

Try to stay clean from everything, once you're a polydruguser if you use one drug it's like an avalanche...when you realize you have 5 different drugs in your system and someone is narcan'ing you.