• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Relapse after 4 days clean

Chicsgobull23

Greenlighter
My cat relapsed after 4 days clean of a 90 mg oxycodone detox. Will the withdrawals be bad? Felt pretty good after day 3 because it was a 3 month binge. What will happen now I'm so nervous

My cat relapsed after 4 days clean of a 90 mg oxycodone detox. Will the withdrawals be bad? Felt pretty good after day 3 because it was a 3 month binge. What will happen now I'm so nervous

People argue endlessly about this one, some say you will just set yourself back a little bit, but in my (lengthy) experience, if you're only 3 days in and you relapse then it's back to square one. To get better, you first have to get the drugs out of your body then start the process of returning your body to homeostasis and re-setting all the hormones, brain chemicals etc... this process takes a while. In your case, your body was just starting that process when you threw a spanner in the works and introduced another opioid.. Its just common sense that your body will now have to get rid of the drug and start the healing process from scratch again (since it had only just begun when you relapsed).

Im sorry, its probably not the news you were hoping for but its vital when trying to get off opioids that you refrain from taking them, no matter how hard it gets (no brainer really).

Edit... please dont use the "my cat" or "swim" nonsense, everyone knows its you and it offers you zero legal protection and is against the rules here...

Welcome to bluelight btw.

It is what it is. A one time use should not be catastrophic, but you should be aware that it is very easy to set yourself back when withdrawing from just about anything. That includes Opioids, Sedative-Hypnotics anon.