• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Relapse after 16 years off heroin now 5 days on suboxone - question?

Insearch freedom

Greenlighter
Hi all. I am freaking out right now as I have read a lot about the taper off suboxone here. I was doing about .25 to .5 gram of high quality heroin probably mixed with fentinal as that is what is going on here in Vancouver BC. I was mixing with Coke and IVing.

I have been on suboxone for 5 days at 10-12 mg. I think too high can I quick taper to 4 mg then by 25% every 4 days? I read on here my dose is probably to high and should be at 4 mg maybe?

I relapsed last year in 2015 and did a short suboxone taper. That started at 8 and went to 1 mg in a week then 72 hours later had wd symptoms and could not sleep and took a Percocet went to sleep and stayed clean maybe 4 more days with no wd symptoms but then relapsed when drinking.

NEW PLAN - no more drinking and use my support groups again.

I understand the short tapers are not working. I wonder how I got off 3 grams of iv China white 16 years ago with nothing but cold turkey. Almost felt like I would die and RLS and bad sleep lasted almost 2 months but no methadone and never heard of subs back then.

Right now I hate being on any opiate and I have to work full time. How do I get off fast as possible without risking a high chance of relapse.

Right now my plan is. 8 mg tomorrow 6 next day and 4 next day and then hold for 4 days then go down slowly from there. Does that make sense to any veterans in the sub world?

Thank you all very much. Scared to death but have some clonazapam and clonadine to last 5 days after I jump off.

I changed my plan - I will take zero subs until I feel sick and then 1 mg every 2 hours until I am stable and see where I end up then taper down from there. Is that okay? Is any one out there? Am I in the wrong area of this website?

Thanks!

I am so sorry to hear Robert 325 passed away I read so much of his stuff this summer about a guy 3 to 4 years ago that did a sub taper in 4 days and never looked back ....it was so inspiring I felt i knew them.....but realized it all went down years ago so I never chimed in. I have gone through many horrific opiate detoxes in my life and I so identify with the people on here.....it can be hell on earth

Man I didn't know Robert passed. I mean he is on drugs forum not blue light but I learned a lot from that guy over at drugs forum.

Anyways everything I know about subs I learned from him. And your revised plan sounds better. Wait till you're sick then 1 mg at a time till your stable. Then do as you said every 4 days (or when you're feeling good on the lowered dose) and drop by 25%.

Something to think about though. If it's been four days and you're still not feeling okay in a dose don't reduce your dose. This is what ends up causing relapse IMO. I know everyone wants to get off the shit asap but I relapsed by continuing to drop my taper when I wasn't comftorable. By the third drop I was so sick I said fuck it. So my best advice: if you're not stable after 4 days don't reduce your dose yet. Good luck man I'll be checking in on your posts.

Thanks man.....I am now 78 hors nothing and holding......not sure if I will reinduct subs......only if I get sick so far ok.....but I was only on them 5 days....actually I am sick now but I am so use to it this past year I am not too concerned at my discomfotr level so far....we will see if it gets worse tomorrow thnx man

well 21 days tomorrow......only problems is sleep is still not that great....I never took subs again......a few nights took very low dose of Kratom to sleep 2-3 grams.....otherwise the insomnia builds and plays on my mind.......Imodium in higher doses I heard works also but on the opiate receptors in the intestines? Kratom works on the opiate receptors on the brain so probably could be more risky.....depends on the person I guess.....best to do your own research......if you can sleep with nothing it is obviously the best option but I work full time as a lawyer and need some sleep : )