• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Rehabs.com launches confronting new campaign: More than Meth, The Faces Of Drug Arres

poledriver

Bluelighter
Rehabs.com launches confronting new campaign: More than Meth, The Faces Of Drug Arrests

THE frightful physical toll of drug abuse has been highlighted in a series of mug shots by the organisation behind the famous “Faces of Meth” campaign.

Ten years on, Rehabs.com have done it again, using before and after pictures to highlight how easy it is for addicts to transform into a hollow version of their once-healthy selves in just a matter of years.

More Than Meth: The Faces Of Drug Arrests tackles the effects of meth, cocaine, heroin and oxycodone (a prescription drug used by people who suffer chronic pain, commonly referred to as “hillbilly heroin”).

The transformation is unbelievable

DrugFaces_800px.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...-of-drug-arrests/story-fneuzlbd-1226866167732

"The deterioration seen in consecutive photos is not necessarily the direct result of drugs or addiction" ... its the meth. legalize reg amps quit locking people up, as this shows the legal system failed in helping these people<3, and provide treatment, and not the ridiculous treatment currently available to everyone dying from this.

Last edited:
Jesus christ, some of these pics are fucked up! Especially the 54yo busted ass version of george bush... hard to believe that transformation took place in only 9 years. Actually not even, look at his 53yo pic and compare it to the 54yo pic 8o!

I think it's an extremely bold and exaggerated statement to make that involvement with illegal drugs "often" brings physical deterioration of one's physical state.
Picking the worst of the worst and applying it to the whole population is ridiculous.

It's sad to see these people, who are clearly in need of serious help and care, being exploited for the benefit of prohibitionist rhetoric.

That said, a few of them just need a good dose of Accutane.

Legalize meth IMO.

In Quebec they have one of the highest rates of methamphetamine use in North America, but crystal methamphetamine is almost unheard of. Instead, they have a preponderance of white pills known universally as "speed." These generally contain 10 to 50 milligrams of methamphetamine.

I would venture that these pills are the second-most-consumed illicit party drug in eastern Canada (after cannabis), ahead of cocaine and MDMA.

But... ask anyone living there if theyhave a "meth problem" or a "meth epidemic" in Quebec, and they will laugh at you.

The public is not even aware that these ubiquitous pills contain methamphetamine, and it's not suprising. Why? Because very few people become problem users of speed pills. They are looked at as a casual party drug.

The lesson?

A drug's purity and presentation are an extremely important factor (more important, I think, than the chemical itself) in its potential for causing harm.

See: opium tea vs. heroin.

Coca leaves vs. crack.

Beer vs. moonshine.

Percocet vs. OxyContin.

I think a good harm-reduction tactic would to allow the sale of low- to moderate-dose methamphetamine pills at very low prices. This would discourage the use of more concentrated forms, which have innate advantages within an illicit market (e.g. less bulk to smuggle across a border). Do you see anyone injecting crystal caffeine? There's nothing stopping anyone from doing this. But, given that cheap, diluted caffeine is cheap and easily acquired, users aren't pushed towards more concentrated (and more dangerous) forms of the drug.

Last edited:
Interesting post SJB.

ya-ba.jpg

I really can't see addicts here in Aus stopping injecting and smoking ice because there is weaker speed in pills available (even if it was legal) they'd probably eat the pills then go and buy the stronger crystal form to smoke and inject still.

Last edited:
not sure if I agree with the perc vs oxy? but the rest is right on IMO.

Yeah, I suppose that wasn't the best example because of the acetaminophen in Percocet. Better example: generic 5 milligram oxycodone pill vs. OxyContin.

I really can't see addicts here in Aus stopping injecting and smoking ice because there is weaker speed in pills available (even if it was legal) they'd probably eat the pills then go and buy the stronger crystal form to smoke and inject still.

For sure, once you've started using a more concentrated form of a drug, you won't want to settle for less. I think the potential mostly lies in diverting people away from the more concentrated drugs before they have the chance to try them.

I feel so sorry for them. To be locked up, left to withdraw, and then to be totally humiliated when at their most vulnerable. A capitalist society at its worst.

"Boy oh boy, do I have an idea Oli! After I lock 'em all up, I'm gonna publish their latest mugshots without their permission in the local paper! That way, when they do get out of prison, those who haven't killed themselves from the withdrawal while behind bars will have a fresh new reason to because everyone will know who they are! Genius!"

Edit - I don't know what's worse. This, or an exploitation film. Paste their faces on there, and hope that they call you up afterwards to pay for rehab. Fucking sickening.

Last edited:
Wow. just wow.

Consider the fact that the first photo of each person is after they were already arrested...
I bet, if they could go back a year or two, the difference between pre-drugs/arrests and their final photos would be even more shocking.

P.S. I agree with ro4eva about the exploitation - it is really unfair and sad.

This add should be an add for how the drug war is failing... all these people in the system but still having this happen. Also it lists allot of drugs in the initial arrests.. but I'm seeing the results of one main drug with routes of administration other than oral. meth destroys many people when not taken orally.

Everyone who has some time should go on the youtube page and tell them what you think of their pathetic 'campaign'.

This is about poverty, not drugs.
As I ranted about in another thread regarding this horrific "campaign" is the fact that similar pictures were taken of people during the Great Depression in the 1930s. Poverty, malnutrition, obvious signs of violence (police? Domestic? Drug related?) are what I see in these pictures.
This is "cruel and unusual punishment" as US law enforcement does best.
No compassion, no humanity - no logic.
Just some shallow, narcissistic "look what meth gone done to their purdy faces" advertising-in- reverse tactics, with no context for the intended audience besides "these people were arrested" and their ages.
It's one of the most sickening approaches to prohibition I've ever come across; we know absolutely nothing about these people, their backgrounds, their life history.
Just their age and their frightened, defeated faces - pictures of decline with no compassion or reasoning as to what they've done to deserve having their misery shared with the world.

Wake up, America; you have a poverty problem.
Drugs are a symptom of this. It's not going to get any better by persecuting anyone who uses drugs. Widespread drug testing of workers makes anyone who uses all the more disenfranchised. Enforcing further poverty upon people by essentially black-listing them for life means that there will always be an underclass; the system creates these people.
Social welfare programs could help these people regain some dignity in their lives, but instead they are being used in an increasingly stupid, dirty war waged against people - in the guise of a "war on drugs".
Horrifying.

all of these are meth. trying to demonize drugs in general, as if they all destroyed physical appearance and the body as badly as meth. oxycodone- bloodshot eyes? really? heroin- scabs from picking? nigga please

For some reason, out of all the opioids I've used, chronic use of oxycodone tends to makes my eyes look bloodshot as if I'm baked.

I'm guessing wildly that it may have something to do with the release of histamine.

Contact Us

Just sent a email off letting them know that putting addicts pictures up is sick.. especially if these rehabs are piggy back banking of anonymous fellowships. Follow anything far enough in the whole drug story and you get to the money.