Venting Rehab is bullshit

Can you get codeine over the counter? Here of you test for codeine a maintenance program would help
Its hard at first but getting off heroin then methadone i feel 1000% better now

I wonder though, if you were going on methadone for codeine, but in reality had a heroin habit. You might conceivably have trouble getting them to give you enough methadone to really help.

I was on methadone for years before it actually helped, because they just wouldn't give me enough or let me increase the dose fast enough, so I just kept using heroin instead. Eventually I changed to a private clinic where they actually listened when I told them my problem.

On the other hand. I'm not sure, but it might be difficult to distinguish codeine and heroin on their drug tests anyway. So you could take codeine, say you're on heroin, and the results might validate that.

My lab tests while on methadone frequently came back positive only for morphine. Which codeine might too. Sometimes they'd also come back positive for 6-monoacetylmorphine if I'd used very recently.

Methadone, like virtually all drugs, has risks. But for many people, and I count myself in this group. Methadone was nothing short of life saving.

I truly don't think I would ever have escaped heroins influence in destroying my life without it. And given how little if any side effects I've experienced, for me at least, that's an excellent deal.
Have you had any dental problems from long term methadone use? People have warned me about it ruining my teeth but I've never been on it longer than 10 months at a time.

You are the only person that can "rehab" yourself. It is only through determination, will, and sometimes desperation. I feel strongly about this, and I never looked at drugs as something I need someone else to help me stop doing them, and I have been addicted to multiple opiates, i.e., morphine, Dilaudid, Ocycontin, Hydrocodone, Fentanyl, Cocaine, and others. I stopped, again, with great discipline and self-control, and got myself off of them all. Now, I smoke here and there and drop some L once in a while, and I feel pretty damn good. I was not about to put myself at the mercy of others due to my behavior. Now, I know I just speak for myself, but just wanted to say that getting off these compounds on my own was rough, but doable. As I tell other people, reversing the addiction process is tough, and you will suffer, but like I have said many times, it is part of paying the piper for decisions we make.

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only person left who actually can't throw away their dealers phone numbers... Because I know them by heart. Just like I do everyone's phone number I've ever regularly used.

Even if I didn't though, back when I was last using I frequently pawned my phone or had no money to spend on it. So I often called people with pay phones. So I would have memorized them all then even if I didn't already know them.

Have you had any dental problems from long term methadone use? People have warned me about it ruining my teeth but I've never been on it longer than 10 months at a time.

Methadone definitely can make it harder to take care of your teeth. Mainly because it can cause dry mouth, especially while you sleep.

You just gotta be extra vigilant about dry mouth.

abused methadone nearly everyday with my morphine didn't realise that 20mg is equivalent to more than 100mg.morphine.
That was a nasty wiwithdrawal and even taking it once ducks with my.tolerance for few days.
It is the best opiate it like morphine pain wise but gives me energy and good deep sleep and less depressed.
It only lasted like ten hours for me though analgesia wise

I'm down to taking sixty mg.morphine at most and no.more than 160mg.
Sometimes even keep the time.release intact within six hours of waking I had taken.like 120mg morphine now it's like twelve hours

i thnk the whole recovery system is a load of bullshit imao as it can ruin people's sense of pleasure and plus they give you stuff that like anti-depressants to stop the cravings which turn you a zombie, no emotioms so people use more and more once they get out.

Everytime I’ve been to rehab (3 long stints over the years) I’ve learned a lot about myself and my problems. I hated it each time but it gradually made me a better person with less anxiety which perversely made my drug experiences more enjoyable. The things they taught me about managing myself actually turned into useful tips for managing myself through drug benders. Thanks rehab guys!

I think if the rehab wasn’t more to do with the holistic side I would definitely take their offer but if I can talks about just changing current problems then I would just walk out the door.
As much as I believe that social problems can cause drug problems, they are not always route cause and they should not be dictated as the cure for all substance and misuse problems

Btw, if you take just a little heroin (or any opioid) the day before you go to get on methadone, you will test positive and you can just lie about how much you take and how often. It worked for me. I'd just take an OC the day before I went each week.
I have a dope buddy who's on methadone maintenance and does fentanyl all the time, he never tests dirty because they only test for opiates and prescriptions but not fent. So he easily uses and gets methadone at the same time.

I will say though, he's a lot more honest and generous since he's been on methadone compared to when he was only doing dope

I have a dope buddy who's on methadone maintenance and does fentanyl all the time, he never tests dirty because they only test for opiates and prescriptions but not fent. So he easily uses and gets methadone at the same time.

I will say though, he's a lot more honest and generous since he's been on methadone compared to when he was only doing dope

That's really weird. Fentanyl is an opioid so why wouldn't it come up as positive for opioids? Actually, when I was on Tramadol I TOLD them I was on it (it was prescribed to me legit) so they'd know why I tested positive for opioids...but I still tested negative.
I'm on Dihydrocodeine instead now and I DO test positive.
I don't trust them tests, though. I tested positive for meth twice when I'd never taken it in my life (I was on amphetamine sulphate, though) and I also tested positive for buprenorphine before I'd ever taken it.
I also tested positive for benzo's for FOUR MONTHS after I stopped taking them. It was diazepam which can stay in your system for up to 6 weeks, but 4 months is insane.
And of course they NEVER believe you about it.

That's really weird. Fentanyl is an opioid so why wouldn't it come up as positive for opioids? Actually, when I was on Tramadol I TOLD them I was on it (it was prescribed to me legit) so they'd know why I tested positive for opioids...but I still tested negative.
I'm on Dihydrocodeine instead now and I DO test positive.
I don't trust them tests, though. I tested positive for meth twice when I'd never taken it in my life (I was on amphetamine sulphate, though) and I also tested positive for buprenorphine before I'd ever taken it.
I also tested positive for benzo's for FOUR MONTHS after I stopped taking them. It was diazepam which can stay in your system for up to 6 weeks, but 4 months is insane.
And of course they NEVER believe you about it.
Fentanyl is metabolized differently than the drugs that show up under the "oxy" panel. Same thing with Tramadol. When I was in drug court their tests had a panel just for tramadol and fentanyl for that very reason.

Yes, those instant tests are not perfect. I've had diphenoxylate/atropine come up for bupe and I've seen someone abusing diphenhydramine come up for methadone. It sounds like you're from the UK so it is possible your amphetamine sulphate did have traces of meth in it. The doctors should know to send preliminary positives to a lab for confirmation as anyone familiar with drug testing knows that those instant drug test results are not conclusive. I guess they just want to gatekeep their program while doing as little paperwork as possible?

12 Step programs aren't for everyone, although I find the meetings a good way to meet healthy friends either way. The spiritual aspect just seemed like thinly-veiled religion at first until I met atheists in the program who explained it to me. But recovery is non-linear, not everyone who gets clean gets clean the same way.

That being said, if you're not ready to stop getting high for yourself, the most expensive rehab in the world won't do shit. You gotta want it. Then rehab has a chance of success. Although a medical detox is necessary sometimes. (heavy benzo and alcohol addiction etc)

Fentanyl is metabolized differently than the drugs that show up under the "oxy" panel. Same thing with Tramadol. When I was in drug court their tests had a panel just for tramadol and fentanyl for that very reason.

Yes, those instant tests are not perfect. I've had diphenoxylate/atropine come up for bupe and I've seen someone abusing diphenhydramine come up for methadone. It sounds like you're from the UK so it is possible your amphetamine sulphate did have traces of meth in it. The doctors should know to send preliminary positives to a lab for confirmation as anyone familiar with drug testing knows that those instant drug test results are not conclusive. I guess they just want to gatekeep their program while doing as little paperwork as possible?

I am from the UK and meth is really rare here BUT I do remember shortly before that a used some of a small new bath and I was SO FUCKING HIGH I thought I was gonna spontaneously combust, so it probably DID have some meth in. I don't understand why, though. Meth is way more expensive than regular amphetamine so the seller would lose money doing that?

12 Step programs aren't for everyone, although I find the meetings a good way to meet healthy friends either way. The spiritual aspect just seemed like thinly-veiled religion at first until I met atheists in the program who explained it to me. But recovery is non-linear, not everyone who gets clean gets clean the same way.

That being said, if you're not ready to stop getting high for yourself, the most expensive rehab in the world won't do shit. You gotta want it. Then rehab has a chance of success. Although a medical detox is necessary sometimes. (heavy benzo and alcohol addiction etc)

I'm extremely atheist and against religion and the 12 steps is 100% NOT FOR ME. I fucking hate it. I have been sober from alcohol for 3.5 years, though. So when they tell you it's "the ONLY way that ever works" they are absolutely lying. The treatment center with the highest success rate in the world that uses the 12 Steps has a 15% long-term success rate. That's even lower than people who quit without help.

I'm extremely atheist and against religion and the 12 steps is 100% NOT FOR ME. I fucking hate it. I have been sober from alcohol for 3.5 years, though. So when they tell you it's "the ONLY way that ever works" they are absolutely lying. The treatment center with the highest success rate in the world that uses the 12 Steps has a 15% long-term success rate. That's even lower than people who quit without help.
I think the success rate of people who quit without help might be higher because usually they're not being coerced. A lot of people who "seek help" at treatment centers are sent there by their families without much say in the matter. In a situation like that rehab is just a waste of money because they are not the ones who want to get clean.

The title of this makes me laugh every time :LOL: I’ve never been.

A girl I went to school with died at rehab though when she was 30. She was in there for heroin, got clean, some idiot took her some and with the lowered tolerance she OD’d :cautious: