• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Regionally Varying Cannabis Cultures

I only visited for a week, went to a jam band festival and the cannabis cup in '07. I learned a couple basic phrases, but otherwise Dutch looked utterly alien to me, especially after 14g of mushrooms.

If you can say please, thank you and order simple items, the Dutch see that you are TRYING.

You know in Amsterdam bars open until 2AM? We missed a train and went to a bar (by GF was Dutch). 5 minutes later 3 English guys walk in and the owner in (fake) faltering English apologises that it's past 10PM and so he cannot serve them.... then they left and he came to our table and said 'Natuurlijk bedien ik Nederlanders tot 02.00 uur'. I was SO excited, The very first time a Dutch person called ME a Dutch person.

That was after 6 months.. but when you 'become Dutch' prices go down, you can run tabs at bars and every one of them is proud of you.

i'm from new england and i've been smoking for a little over twenty years now and i've never seen anyone with dabs or concentrates before the dispensaries opened and i was around a decent amount of drugs. when i was ordering in the mail i got some crumble or something that was fire, it was like smoking 3 bowls of 30%thca flower in one bowl. i got some shatter from the same seller for free with an order of flower, and the shatter didn't really compare to the crumble or whatever it was. i've made ISO shatter and it wasn't that good. i'd be interested in getting some more crumble or something that is like 80% thc, but i honestly don't really need it. i get baked enough smoking flower and i like the act of smoking, so i'm gonna guess that i'll just go through money quicker dabbing. i don't need to start something like that. i took like2 hits of an 80%thca pen one time and it didn't get me as high as i would've liked. i guess dabs are supposed to be a bit better than pens though. just saying how i'm a flower guy and my experience in new england mass particularly.
I was a teenager when the first dispos opened in the area of Maine where I attended high school. We had a lot of shatter and BHO before then, but it was all ghetto shit being made in clandestine contexts by the same rednecks who made our hash. It was pretty good compared to flower, but compared to higher quality extracts it was pretty ass. It didn't go around as often as flower did, and I didn't see diamonds or crumble until dispos started moving them around 2016.

When you say ISO shatter, do you mean with isopropyl alcohol?

Pens are significantly weaker than using a rig in my experience, drop THCA diamonds in a nail some time if you want a more clear perspective on how they feel, in my opinion. Carts are usually cut with some nonsense too.

Amsterdam was cooler when you could order a beer a bowl and mushies all at one counter.

I'm certainly not looking to go back.

When you say ISO shatter, do you mean with isopropyl alcohol?
yeah, i used 99%isoproplyl alcohol and it looks exactly like the shatter from dispensaries.

i might end up trying some thc diamonds or something that you mention it too. maybe when i'm older and don't feel as much like smoking all the time if that happens. if i were rich i'd definitely love to try that stuff. the crumble stuff i had was awesome. it's weird how they get the weed to end up as that yellow color.

Stoners are the worst. All circlejerking themselves over who has the best looking weed. Stoner culture is incredibly juvenile in some ways.

Like it's just fucking weed bro calm down.
I just generally don't like anyone who does that with any drugs. Unforunately I've had to talk to them in person too.

yeah, i used 99%isoproplyl alcohol and it looks exactly like the shatter from dispensaries.

i might end up trying some thc diamonds or something that you mention it too. maybe when i'm older and don't feel as much like smoking all the time if that happens. if i were rich i'd definitely love to try that stuff. the crumble stuff i had was awesome. it's weird how they get the weed to end up as that yellow color.
The optics oddities only increase as you go deeper! The first time I came across white diamonds I reagent tested them bc I thought somebody was trying to get me to smoke crank that they'd somehow made tasteless. I'd definitely recommend grabbing some individually grammed out extracts (~$20/g here) and sampling around various forms and strains to see what you like. There are full spectrums of consistency and color, on top of the individual strain differences that already exist.

It's really neat to add these dimensions to cannabis in my opinion, being a fan on Blue Dream is one thing. Sampling it in flower, hash, rosin and diamonds however really let's me get to know a strain as long as I also vary the set and setting I consume it in.