• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Regionally Varying Cannabis Cultures

Esperighanto

Bluelighter
Hi,

Have you guys ever noticed significant variance in cannabis cultures between areas? I grew up in and live in the Northeast but went to college in Florida. In Florida I met almost nobody using concentrates, whereas in New England it's almost entirely concentrates that people enjoy, because they're dramatically more cost effective and usually of a higher quality too. I suspect if Florida had the same access to dabs, that they'd hop on the dabtrain too.

When people from outside of New England come up here and see my homies and I dropping quarter gram dabs serially throughout the day, they act like they're watching us grow a second head, and I've seen a fraction of a hit of concentrates lead cannabis naive people to vomit or drop from the spins. It makes me wonder what differences are created in the perspective of a heavy dab consumer and somebody who isn't.

Have you guys ever noticed a similar sort of disparity between two place's seemingly naturally developed cannabis cultures?

Cannabis is routinely mixed with tobacco in many parts of EU, whereas that is basically unheard of in the US. I remember being surprised in Amsterdam when the coffee shops asked if I wanted a bong used for both, or one just for cannabis.

I actually enjoy the mix, I don't do it mostly because I don't want my paraphernalia smelling like tobacco.

I once sampled hash produced in Iceland, The lighting and heating must have been VERY costly... OR the guy was trying to rip me off. 30000Kr/g

Cannabis is routinely mixed with tobacco in many parts of EU, whereas that is basically unheard of in the US. I remember being surprised in Amsterdam when the coffee shops asked if I wanted a bong used for both, or one just for cannabis.
Weed + Tobacco = :sleep: I've mixed Marlboro Red's tobacco with some decent mid-grade and it put me to sleep. No joke I was out 5 minutes after.

It's because until the 90s we almost exclusively got hash from North Africa:

Gold Seal AKA squidgy black
Red Seal AKA hard brown
Slate AKA kif that had dried out.

But grass was really unusual and we almost only got Mexican with the sticks and seeds in it. The grass was the cheapest because when your removed the sticks and seeds, you lost half of your buy.

In Amsterdam their is a back-street coffeeshop callled De Dampkring where they sell 'Moonshine' which is hash made from pollen of the strongest weed they have.

I once sampled hash produced in Iceland, The lighting and heating must have been VERY costly... OR the guy was trying to rip me off. 30000Kr/g
That's wild, I've spoken to Icelandic people about drug access online and they have a huge issue accessing jack shit it seems. Probably a scam though. I bet even growing cannabis domestically in Iceland would be incredibly difficult to conceal compared to mushrooms, or synthesizing something simple like TMA-2, MDXX's, etc.

I actually enjoy the mix, I don't do it mostly because I don't want my paraphernalia smelling like tobacco.
That's so wild to me, as an American I can think of fewer more intense ways to ruin good weed, haha.

I love looking at drug pictures but I hate when people try to flex on it and genuinely try to have people feel lower than them cause they smoke random high-mids.
Stoners are the worst. All circlejerking themselves over who has the best looking weed. Stoner culture is incredibly juvenile in some ways.

Like it's just fucking weed bro calm down.

Stoners are the worst. All circlejerking themselves over who has the best looking weed. Stoner culture is incredibly juvenile in some ways.

Like it's just fucking weed bro calm down.

I moved to Amsterdam in 1999 and stopped using weed - because few Dutch people smoke and I was part of their culture, not a tourist.

BTW did you learn much Dutch? Just a few phrases and they are SO pleased. I should also add that US tourists were liked much more than British tourists... and I'm English so I did everything not to be.

That's so wild to me, as an American I can think of fewer more intense ways to ruin good weed, haha.
It does give it a unique smell, taste, and throat hit. There's something about it I really like. It kinda makes it "spicy". I can see why people like it, but I also enjoy the smell and taste of tobacco itself.

I moved to Amsterdam in 1999 and stopped using weed - because few Dutch people smoke and I was part of their culture, not a tourist.

BTW did you learn much Dutch? Just a few phrases and they are SO pleased. I should also add that US tourists were liked much more than British tourists... and I'm English so I did everything not to be.
I only visited for a week, went to a jam band festival and the cannabis cup in '07. I learned a couple basic phrases, but otherwise Dutch looked utterly alien to me, especially after 14g of mushrooms.

The igloo would melt?

I joke - but they use the hot water underground to heat their homes.... but if the cellars get TOO warm, the foundations collapse.
I may be Americabrained here, but if I was building a clandestine grow I'd need somewhere I can thermally hide an indoor tent from being visible with temperature guns, and I'd need power access that wouldn't look like I was using a suspiciously large amount. Iceland has essentially no trees, so setting up even a 10x10 grow would be insanely difficult in Iceland I bet. Just conjecture here, but most clandestine grow ops here in New England employ tens of workers for growing/trimming/harvesting/extraction, and can sometimes constitute like half the population of a rural village in the middle of nowhere because they're busy making pounds upon pounds of concentrates they'll move to illegally sell out of the region. I have no problem with it, but it's interesting to see that the woods became covered in gray market cannabis ops there moment this all became legal here.

Love regional strains bro
Regional strains are super fascinating, I'm moreso interested in regional intricacies in how people interact with cannabis, at least for the scope of this thread. For example, in Atlanta at least half of the people I was chilling with were Backwoods purists.

i'm from new england and i've been smoking for a little over twenty years now and i've never seen anyone with dabs or concentrates before the dispensaries opened and i was around a decent amount of drugs. when i was ordering in the mail i got some crumble or something that was fire, it was like smoking 3 bowls of 30%thca flower in one bowl. i got some shatter from the same seller for free with an order of flower, and the shatter didn't really compare to the crumble or whatever it was. i've made ISO shatter and it wasn't that good. i'd be interested in getting some more crumble or something that is like 80% thc, but i honestly don't really need it. i get baked enough smoking flower and i like the act of smoking, so i'm gonna guess that i'll just go through money quicker dabbing. i don't need to start something like that. i took like2 hits of an 80%thca pen one time and it didn't get me as high as i would've liked. i guess dabs are supposed to be a bit better than pens though. just saying how i'm a flower guy and my experience in new england mass particularly.

Regional strains are super fascinating, I'm moreso interested in regional intricacies in how people interact with cannabis, at least for the scope of this thread. For example, in Atlanta at least half of the people I was chilling with were Backwoods purists.
Thats so dope girl!