• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Regarding sublingual use of benzos (diazepam in this context) - is there a specific technique?

I've never heard of common, clinically-relevant potentiators for the most common Benzodiazepines. In the best of circumstances, you're probably going to boost the potency of your Diazepam (Valium) by 10%. It's generally just not worth the time to pursue these things. What's the end game; you have to take Cimetidine (Tagamet) every day just to be normal?

Second, combining Benzodiazepines with Gabapentinoids is a recipe for stupor. I'm not surprised by your reaction here. There's definitely synergy between these two.

If you're able to get relief from Gabapentin, I would highly suggest leaning into that. Yes, Gabapentinoids produce tolerance and dependence, however, the Gabapeninoids are more forgiving than Benzodiazepines. Reading your posts, I am very worried that you're spiralling into some harmful poly-substance bullshit. Think long and hard about the potential for serious problems in using all of these drugs together.

Also, rectal administration of Benzodiazepines works great. It's faster than any other route (save for IV). Once, at the end of a night abusing Amphetamines and I was beginning to crash, I prepared my 30mg Diazepam into solution and inject. Within 5 minutes I was passed out on the floor of my room. I woke up 6 hours later and still had the syringe in my hand. That should give you an idea of how effective the rectal route can be.

You're a little late, I mean this was posted almost 2 years ago. I'm hooked on Valium but it doesn't really do anything anymore, usually taking 20mg a night, it had been at 15. When I went a week without any last summer I didn't seem to have withdrawals, but coming off gabapentin was extremely difficult. I would quit the Valium but I've been in a self-destructive not really caring about my life mindset for awhile and realistically should probably be hospitalized right now. Cannabis works significantly better than Valium but exacerbates my already extreme tinnitus, the biggest joke ever really. It was causing sinus issues before, now horrible tinnitus, though I don't believe it is the direct cause, but is simply made worse.

It bodies Valium, it always did, from when I had no Valium tolerance to now, THC is way better, natural, safe, but apparently is extremely ototoxic or something. You'd think more people would have tinnitus worsened by it. If I would just not ingest any for a few nights, for a week or two, I could see if it'd get better and I'm sure it would, but I'm an addict. As far as the Valium goes, I'm more dependant on it, like I said it doesn't do anything for me anymore no matter the dose. When I made this thread, 5mg would get me fucked up, hard. Now I can take 30mg and feel nothing.

If I had a ton of DMT though, I'd never need Valium. This helps my anxiety even more than THC, helps all of my mental health problems, just wipes them all right away.

So are you still using benzos and describing your life to no end?
You really joined, dug up an old thread and this is your first post? Welcome to Bluelight, people talk about their lives, their drug use and anything else, often with a lot of detail. You don't have to be an asshole about it, but you were, so fuck you, I'll be an asshole back.

Diazepam tastes Nasty under the tongue imo. Klonopin tastes way better tastes like mints. Xanax tastes blah! Temazepam is okay though just my .2 cents

Temazepam I thought was awful sublingual, they were capsules though, 30mg. I don't know if there are tablets. The capsules would just melt with a horrible chemically taste. Temazepam seems like it's a favorite of many people and seems to rank higher than Diazepam in some polls that I've seen. I've seen a lot of people say it's their favorite benzo. It's the first benzo I ever tried and even with no benzo tolerance at all, 30 to 60mg did absolutely nothing but make me a bit dizzy. Diazepam worked way better, when I was new to it 4mg would fuck me up hard.

I personally really like the taste of Diazepam tablets. TEVA pharmaceuticals, if that makes any difference.

Diazepam taste like chalk with little bitterness.As for sublingual use I see no differencies between sublingual and per os as regard to diazepam.Put the pill under the tongue with 1-2ml of alcohol bupe solution.....in fact from two years i took valium this way.

DO NOT TAKE BENZO SUBLINGUAL,

It delays absorption, and Valium tablets dissolve to slow and buccal administration, haha NO

Look, just wait 45 minutes before or AFFTET meal

Everyone, SUBLINGUAL administration socks, just do not do it

People, I am back, I had too straighten my life out

Shout out to all my old peeps cool

DO NOT TAKE BENZO SUBLINGUAL,

It delays absorption, and Valium tablets dissolve to slow and buccal administration, haha NO

Look, just wait 45 minutes before or AFFTET meal

Everyone, SUBLINGUAL administration socks, just do not do it

People, I am back, I had too straighten my life out

Shout out to all my old peeps cool
it suits me exactly the same way like oral man.Valium dissolves in ethanol and absorbs through mucus membranes...what do ya think....I am some 20 years old boy or what?......and after 10 minutes i drink the liquid....so i got the oral absorbtion too

Personally I just eat bnz if they take an hour I dose an hour earlier.
I mean there may be something behind sublingual but never became a fan of it, myself.
Hope all is well,
J

Temazepam I thought was awful sublingual, they were capsules though, 30mg. I don't know if there are tablets. The capsules would just melt with a horrible chemically taste. Temazepam seems like it's a favorite of many people and seems to rank higher than Diazepam in some polls that I've seen. I've seen a lot of people say it's their favorite benzo. It's the first benzo I ever tried and even with no benzo tolerance at all, 30 to 60mg did absolutely nothing but make me a bit dizzy. Diazepam worked way better, when I was new to it 4mg would fuck me up hard.

I personally really like the taste of Diazepam tablets. TEVA pharmaceuticals, if that makes any difference.
I take 30mg of Valium a day, can a 10mg Valium be used under the tongue
3 hours after you had a meal and still work?

Sublingual is nice for instant relief. It's a great alternative to lubing up or grinding it to blow up your nose.

But isn't lipid solubility a factor when in your mouth... Especially with some ethanol for blood /
Vascular permeability

I always take my diaz sublingually. It kicks in faster & is stronger than orally.

I always take my diaz sublingually. It kicks in faster & is stronger than orally.
It's not stronger than orally but it does kick in faster especially if you're full of food. Like it hits you a bit harder but you already absorb over 90% of it regardless due to its great bioavailability. It's been so long since I made this thread. 5mg used to make me feel great, 7.5mg used to ROCK me with an amazing high. Now I can take 50mg and not feel anything but a bit more calm, which is weird given my average dose is between 15-20mg.

I started with 40mg to be safe one day and then took 10mg more, figuring I'd feel what I felt when I was new to it, but the magic does go away. It only really worked in 2022 honestly. From there it still helps my anxiety but it doesn't get me euphoric or stimulated like it used to, and then I'd crash into peaceful sleep.

I used to crush them onto an index card into a split straw. I'd fold the index card and put it in there, flashlight to get it just right under my tongue in pure powdered form. I do kind of miss doing that, but it's a pain waiting like a half hour or whatever, so I just take it orally without food.

yea you put it under your tongue
hmm.... your pfp suggests boofing it is probably best. I wouldn't do that but I wonder if the bioavailability is slightly higher. I love the taste of dazzys too much to ever try that

It's not stronger than orally but it does kick in faster especially if you're full of food. Like it hits you a bit harder but you already absorb over 90% of it regardless due to its great bioavailability. It's been so long since I made this thread. 5mg used to make me feel great, 7.5mg used to ROCK me with an amazing high. Now I can take 50mg and not feel anything but a bit more calm, which is weird given my average dose is between 15-20mg.

I started with 40mg to be safe one day and then took 10mg more, figuring I'd feel what I felt when I was new to it, but the magic does go away. It only really worked in 2022 honestly. From there it still helps my anxiety but it doesn't get me euphoric or stimulated like it used to, and then I'd crash into peaceful sleep.

I used to crush them onto an index card into a split straw. I'd fold the index card and put it in there, flashlight to get it just right under my tongue in pure powdered form. I do kind of miss doing that, but it's a pain waiting like a half hour or whatever, so I just take it orally without food.
It’s definitely stronger than oral. Not by a tremendous amount, but noticeable. I don’t get high from benzos; I use diaz for muscle relaxation. Maybe the high isn’t stronger sublingual but the muscle relaxation (& sedation) is, at least for me.

Hey there, just joined. I had some questions about sublingual diazepam use. I'm not too experienced with taking things sublingually.
In the mornings I will generally take it orally as I'm on an empty stomach and I understand bioavailability is high. I opt for sublingual use after meals or if I know I'm going to eat soon.

So far it seems that sublingual use has worked for me each time, however, I'm not sure if I am doing it optimally or what options I have to help speed up the process. I'm on diazepam 5s for reference, though I will usually only use half of one. I only recently started taking benzos for anxiety (short term, definitely not trying to use as a long term treatment as they are definitely addictive, love this feeling). So I don't have much of a tolerance. I've been battling with severe sinus issues / chronic headaches and my anxiety has been through the roof the past month, especially after a course of prednisone that had me going totally haywire, which led me to going on valium for a bit.

I started at 2mg, then after a couple days off I had it upped to 5mg. I may use these in an on and off fashion but it's unlikely. I normally medicate with THC but it aggravates my sinuses at the moment likely due to some kind of mild allergy. Missing it so much. I have general anxiety and C-PTSD and cannabis helps keep me grounded and evaluate my life and the world around me in a way that is nothing short of magic, been smoking for almost 11 years now (just turned 28 )

Anyway back on topic. I try to let the pill sit below my tongue in a pool of saliva for as long as I can, but these damn things take FOREVER to dissolve. I know some like to crush it up first but I don't want to potentially lose out on some meds by crushing it, maybe I'm just paranoid though.

Earlier it took well over 30 minutes to even get close to dissolving, I had to just press it around very gently with my tongue tip until it started dissolving, and also to keep it properly under my tongue. I didn't know if this was wasting any medicine, maybe a little bit? But I tried to mostly just press it around with the back of my tongue rather than the tip. I had my jaw clenched very uncomfortably this whole time to make sure I wasn't swallowing the saliva.

Also was shifting my head around to make sure the pill stayed under my tongue and not too close to the back gum line of my bottom teeth, but I'm not sure if it matters too much / if it's still very vascular there. It's really difficult to keep it in one place when there's all that saliva in there. I heard swallowing any of the saliva is bad and is basically the same as taking it orally (to the extent of which X amount of mg are lost). Probably barely anything

So that also leads me to wonder, can you just press the tablet down with the tip of your tongue against the back of your tongue until it's dissolved? I've heard of this being a strategy for certain pills, but those are generally meant to be taken sublingually. I did this at least once the other week and it seemed to still work but it might have just been similar to taking it orally, my stomach was pretty empty.

Lastly, is buccal absorption viable with these? Like, sticking it on the side of your gums till it dissolves? I never really saw anything about this with benzos, but I've read about it being doable with other drugs. That would be nice if so.

Just hold it under young tongue until it dissolves. Pressing down on it with your tongue can speed this up. If you wanna crush it and dump the powder under your tongue, this will also speed things up.

For sublingual, you do need it UNDER the tongue, btw.