Regarding Law Enforcement on Bluelight

^ lol, well that could very well be some pure, unadulterated non-LE fail as well... :D

Probably the most efficient way for LE to browse Bluelight would be to register as members. Thus JoeBlow, a friendly member who you've been talking to about innocuous things the last several months, could in reality be a DEA agent monitoring your posts and everyone else's.

That said, Joe is really putting his bust-time to poor use if he's monitoring this site for the big pop more than a couple hours a week (of course, he could be spending more time than that because he's actually come to enjoy it here), and of course Lady Codone and her fellow members never post info that could allow Joe or his cronies to make that big pop... ;)

This issue has arisen every single year I have been a member of bl.
The above quote pretty much sums up everything I have observed over the years.

Just, DO NOT, post information or share information with anyone.
t

Many, many many years ago I was a moderator here. And yes, we had a law enforcement agent trying to buy pills in the pill report forum. I pulled the IP address ran a search, got a phone number and it was a local police department in California. Too tired to search my own old posts on the matter, and the may be burried in the basement by now, but feel free to run a search.

Pretty much all been said. My two cents anyway:

Obey the forum rules, understand that this is a place for harm reduction and not for the facilitation of illegal activities, and you're not going to have anything to worry about.

It is a public place where discussion of illegal activities occurs, so it would be logical to assume that it attracts attention from various agencies. HOWEVER, there is a cost/benefit analysis here. How much time and money is an agency going to spend digging up the identity of that person who asked about how to avoid overdosing or harming himself with drug y? Probably nothing. It's not worth it. And no one wants more people ending up in hospitals. How about questions that help readers avoid dangerous counterfeit forms of drugs? An agency would want that information out. Fewer people get harmed, and fewer drugs get sold. Ditto for people trying to quit, having second thoughts about starting something, etc. So I don't think anyone should be shy about asking safety questions. Just understand that everyone on here is a stranger.

Any other type of activity... it's a public forum, and it's international, which may make it easier, legally, for activity on it to be monitored.

what type of warrant does is required to get the records of someone's web history from their ISP? Can they otherwise tie a screen name to an actual person?

Ever hear of the "PATRIOT" Act?

That said, Joe is really putting his bust-time to poor use if he's monitoring this site for the big pop more than a couple hours a week (of course, he could be spending more time than that because he's actually come to enjoy it here), and of course Lady Codone and her fellow members never post info that could allow Joe or his cronies to make that big pop...

Joe probably lets a computer program thats uses keywords to find info of interest monitor this site 24/7 so he doesnt have to cut into his donut eating time.

Seriously, this is free intelligence gathering

Undoubtedly. How about counterintelligence. What I would like to see is a campaign of disinformation from the people of this site. They only have a finite amount of human assets to investigate stuff. You tie them up on wild goose chases, you have them chase their tail enough you'll discourage their efforts. I'm for any way that undermines the drug war. But then again they have a sea of snitches to fall back on.

I know that we arent suppose to post the locations of open air markets but Im pretty sure that it wouldnt be news to the cops. There is a major spot 5 minutes from my house ( with out saying where) that the cops have known about for years. They even built a police community center in the parking lot for what good its done. But rules are rules.

Ending the World War on Drugs is the biggest form of harm reduction I can think of!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, people sourcing and pricing is not a good idea. There are always infiltrators among us. AlWAYS beware of who you are talking to!

Joe probably lets a computer program thats uses keywords to find info of interest monitor this site 24/7 so he doesnt have to cut into his donut eating time.
From my understanding, this keyword list has become almost as large as Webster's Dictionary, effectively rendering it useless as a snoopervision tool... ;)

for the police it's all about the information and yes there are plenty of police who just gather information. Anyone who thinks the governnment doesn't have the time or resources to monitor has got to be fucking kidding, spend half your time on the computer other half the street.