• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Refuse To Fill Prescription To Soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyGG

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone,
I got a script for pain of oxycodone, my first script was 10mg every 4 to 6 hours. First let me say I NEVER take more than my dose. I was running low and my doctor is far away in LA, so he gave me another prescription to get filled. Once I went home and tried to get them filled they said it was too soon. Yes I still had some pills left but how is it too soon? Had I been taking one every 4 hours every 4 hours I'd been out.
Now This new script is 5mg oxycodone 2 pills every 6 hours. I've been taking 6 pills a day a total of 30mg per day, I have got my back out of line and is making me have to take them every 6 hours. I also have cancer and my low platelets cause things to bruise easy and hurt a lot worse for longer. My script was filled on 2/3/18 it's now 2/ 15/18 I have around 35 pills left. As he gave me 100 5mg pills 2 every 6 hours. My fear is running out and even though I'll have no problem getting a new script from my doctor, the pharmacy might say it's too soon.
My question is how is it too soon if I'm taking them as directed. Right now I take 6 pills daily.when I could be taking 8 which would be 2 every 6 hours around the clock. Anyone have this problem, also my insurance doesn't cover my meds because they only cover up to 60 pills, or something like that, so I pay the full price every time I get them filled. Which has only been twice in my life time.

Sorry you seem to be having trouble Johnny. Unfortunately we can't help you with this. It's really something you should discuss (just as you have here) with your GP and the pharmacy too if they have a problem. If you have a genuine need and supportive doctor, it should prove relatively easy to resolve. I'm going to have to close this, but good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.