• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Reflections on the Dangers of Drugs

Wilson Wilson

Bluelighter
speak for yourself sir, i have never once forgotten how dangerous an opiate can be and am on daily high-doses for chronic pain, i appreciate you announcing their dangerous but come on, anyone using them especially recreationally know the risks even if theyre taken everysingle day.

I'm just saying it can easily happen man. I mean consider for example the way society views oxycodone vs. heroin. Most people will view users of each drug very differently even though there's not much difference in it. They're both highly potent opiates which have killed many people and you had a lot of people switch from oxy to heroin only because they couldn't afford oxy anymore, they considered oxy to have a better high than heroin which is why in the US OC80's became worth more than their weight in gold.

And obviously I am not talking about chronic pain patients I am talking about recreational users. The world is absolutely full of people who don't even consider themselves "drug users" even though they pop oxy and Xanax just because they're prescription pills. You might be smarter than that, but many many people are not. Because "society" says prescription drugs are okay they believe they must be safe unlike those dirty street drugs.

When in reality we know this is just untrue. I've used weed, acid, MDMA, and a whole shitload of other psychedelics, all illegal class A/schedule I drugs... all of them safer than the shit I get legally from the pharmacy every month.

Yet I've sat in front of people who literally said "I'd never do heroin" then a few seconds later "hey mate could you get me some oxy?" without a hint of irony.

The double standard is real.

I'm just saying it can easily happen man. I mean consider for example the way society views oxycodone vs. heroin. Most people will view users of each drug very differently even though there's not much difference in it. They're both highly potent opiates which have killed many people and you had a lot of people switch from oxy to heroin only because they couldn't afford oxy anymore, they considered oxy to have a better high than heroin which is why in the US OC80's became worth more than their weight in gold.

And obviously I am not talking about chronic pain patients I am talking about recreational users. The world is absolutely full of people who don't even consider themselves "drug users" even though they pop oxy and Xanax just because they're prescription pills. You might be smarter than that, but many many people are not. Because "society" says prescription drugs are okay they believe they must be safe unlike those dirty street drugs.

When in reality we know this is just untrue. I've used weed, acid, MDMA, and a whole shitload of other psychedelics, all illegal class A/schedule I drugs... all of them safer than the shit I get legally from the pharmacy every month.

Yet I've sat in front of people who literally said "I'd never do heroin" then a few seconds later "hey mate could you get me some oxy?" without a hint of irony.

The double standard is real.
you know you may be right bro, i apologize tho for sounding abit cold, i'm extroardinarily over exhausted, ampd and i mean the list goes on but we won't dwell, but i gotta stay awake to take my mother in to get her stitches checked on / removed which is quite literally killing me right now since i've been up for going on fucks sake about 54ish hours give or take funfunfun

you know you may be right bro, i apologize tho for sounding abit cold, i'm extroardinarily over exhausted, ampd and i mean the list goes on but we won't dwell, but i gotta stay awake to take my mother in to get her stitches checked on / removed which is quite literally killing me right now since i've been up for going on fucks sake about 54ish hours give or take funfunfun

It's cool man don't worry. I understand where you're coming from as a chronic pain patient you've probably had people accusing you of drug seeking etc so the topic is personal to you and I get that.

Just being clear I do not look down on anyone, and certainly not on legitimate chronic pain patients who've been harmed by opiates being vilified by doctors, but when someone is using prescription pills recreationally the risk is still there even when fentanyl isn't a factor because ultimately even a legit prescription pill can still be a "hard drug" as oxy very much is, so when abused oxy can be very harmful and as an HR forum I think it's important we make people aware of this.

Obviously though if you follow a script correctly it's not the same as boshing high doses to get off your face, the use patterns are very different and it's a very complex issue which too many people simplify.

But for the sake of BL we usually deal with recreational users so that's who I aim my posts at.

It's cool man don't worry. I understand where you're coming from as a chronic pain patient you've probably had people accusing you of drug seeking etc so the topic is personal to you and I get that.

Just being clear I do not look down on anyone, and certainly not on legitimate chronic pain patients who've been harmed by opiates being vilified by doctors, but when someone is using prescription pills recreationally the risk is still there even when fentanyl isn't a factor because ultimately even a legit prescription pill can still be a "hard drug" as oxy very much is, so when abused oxy can be very harmful and as an HR forum I think it's important we make people aware of this.

Obviously though if you follow a script correctly it's not the same as boshing high doses to get off your face, the use patterns are very different and it's a very complex issue which too many people simplify.

But for the sake of BL we usually deal with recreational users so that's who I aim my posts at.
as odd as it may be to state, i have a life long experience with opiates so its hard to imagine them not being there (had a 30mg codeinex90/month script since i was about 13-14 which i still have but ofcourse due to certain things i royally fucked my back up, so i'm on daily 400mg morph/ oxy and hydromorphs for breakthrough throughout the day and it does touch a nerve when it comes to recreational use, i'm not gonna say there haven't been a few times i have used in that manner but i very very rarely go to opiates for recreation because i value them much higher than that for pain, but yeah, gobbling down opiates especially once in awhile in high-doses is not wise, and i all too often see people asking 'hey i dont take opiates, but it cool if it take x and then throw some benzos ontop of that? i think the whole overdose due to (and i do humbly apologize if this statement offends anyone truely, but i do need to give my true opinion) some folks need their brain to get spanked when chasing somthing like that, i mean fuck, you want euphoria? go use some coke, throw a benzo on that, the risks are much less significant (i'm a heavy stimulant user/opiate patient and if i can survive with the simple rule of "use your brain" with what i do, it urks me that people like to play with fire so easily because they can't inform themselves or think 'ah whats an extra one' its an extra one goddamnit, i mean i get the pull because lets be real pain patient or not i get shitfaced or nod heaven once in awhile from taking as prescribed, but i know how i'm going to react to exactly what doses at this point where thats one of my questions when people are worried theyre oding "well.. have you taken this combo before" and the answer is No 80% of the time, i mean what ever happened to the rule "you can take more but never less" which ive followed for 7 years of heavy drug use and ive only actually accidentally overdone it once while smoking crack when i wasn't accustomed to it, but i knew how to deal with the Overdose, i gobbled like 14mg kpins and some morphine to counteract cokes effect on my sympathetic nervous system but people are also ill-prepared for situations that can arise on the fly like that for example and it somtimes does worry me that people in some serious situations consult BL before seeking medical attention but we are here to help whenever we can with the knowledge we hold but that doesn't mean googling if your overdosing is gonna save you, you should know what could happen and the side effects of what you take before you do which is my point, and allow yourself to learn how shit effects you before eating medications like theyre candies looking to ride a wave of euphoria, small rant i suppose but hey, can't say i'm wrong in any context :')

You're 100% right man. And this is why I'm worried about what's happening with the next generation of drug users. You got often young people listening to Future or whoever else talking about popping oxy and Xanax and they think it's just a fun thing to do and don't consider they're actually fucking with some heavy drugs especially with the combos of multiple downers.

And these days abusing pharmas (especially alprazolam and codeine but increasingly oxy too) has suddenly become the new trend in mainstream music etc. It wasn't a big deal back when Snoop Dogg was setting the trends cuz "smoke weed everyday" ain't gonna kill anyone but "pop bars pop Percocet" very much might.

Hence my position on pharmas being some of the most dangerous commonly used drugs around right now. The cover of pharmas being medicines means some hard drugs have been made socially acceptable and this is feeding into a new drug culture. These people likely wouldn't use heroin due to social stigma but pharmas don't have that same stigma. And that's why you have the exact people you described who don't know what they're taking mixing the shit up and popping them like sweets. I would bet you in most cases they're young naive users who don't know much about what they're taking but get offered it because it's what's cool right now.

I mean just listen to this shit and you can see what I mean. It's fucking retarded. Make music about dropping acid instead.

You're 100% right man. And this is why I'm worried about what's happening with the next generation of drug users. You got often young people listening to Future or whoever else talking about popping oxy and Xanax and they think it's just a fun thing to do and don't consider they're actually fucking with some heavy drugs especially with the combos of multiple downers.

And these days abusing pharmas (especially alprazolam and codeine but increasingly oxy too) has suddenly become the new trend in mainstream music etc. It wasn't a big deal back when Snoop Dogg was setting the trends cuz "smoke weed everyday" ain't gonna kill anyone but "pop bars pop Percocet" very much might.

Hence my position on pharmas being some of the most dangerous commonly used drugs around right now. The cover of pharmas being medicines means some hard drugs have been made socially acceptable and this is feeding into a new drug culture. These people likely wouldn't use heroin due to social stigma but pharmas don't have that same stigma. And that's why you have the exact people you described who don't know what they're taking mixing the shit up and popping them like sweets. I would bet you in most cases they're young naive users who don't know much about what they're taking but get offered it because it's what's cool right now.

I mean just listen to this shit and you can see what I mean. It's fucking retarded. Make music about dropping acid instead.

I can't listen to that because I'm sure it's torture for my ears, but you make a great point. There were also rap songs about drinking hydrocodone cough syrup mixed with Sprite and Jolly Ranchers, just really ignorant and dangerous.
I've educated my little brother on these drugs so he knows what to stay away from and what he shouldn't take too often. I taught him how benzos can kill you if you take them too long and go cold turkey.

I'm sorry that people are dying from these pharmas, but people who abuse them are making it almost impossible for people like me who actually need anti-anxiety medicine. My grandmother has to jump through so many hoops each month just to get her hydrocodone. People need to be educated on these drugs as much as possible and stop fucking it up for those of us who need their medicine. Oh and I blame these dumb ass parents leaving their medicine around for their kids to get ahold of. Just because you're a shitty parent, you're ruining it for the rest of us.

The whole epidemic is sad and frustrating.

Funny how the government is so up in arms about the opioid epidemic when our own government is responsible for the crack epidemic that destroyed many black people's lives. They pick and choose what to make a big deal about. They pick and choose who they want eliminated from the population too. What a joke. I digress. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that people are dying from these pharmas, but people who abuse them are making it almost impossible for people like me who actually need anti-anxiety medicine. My grandmother has to jump through so many hoops each month just to get her hydrocodone. People need to be educated on these drugs as much as possible and stop fucking it up for those of us who need their medicine. Oh and I blame these dumb ass parents leaving their medicine around for their kids to get ahold of. Just because you're a shitty parent, you're ruining it for the rest of us.

I don't disagree at all here. I'm scripted clonazepam and have had various opiate scripts over the years. Also scripted stims for ADHD. I've been on all kinds of controlled pharmas. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to demonise those who use these meds legitimately at all.

However it can't be denied that glorification of abusing these meds is not a good thing at all. I'm in the UK and we have kids (when I say kids I mean kids, in schools) dealing and using fake Xanax bars, and we don't even prescribe Xanax bars in this country (which is why they're all presses) so where did the demand for them come from? Fucking American rappers making it look cool to have a benzo addiction. And making whole tracks glorifying OxyContin after the overprescription of it caused so much trouble in the US already? Why? Yeah being hooked on oxy is so fucking cool man :rolleyes:

And again if someone needs these meds for legitimate use they should get them prescribed for sure. But this new culture of impressionable teens knocking back addictive drugs and thinking it's okay because they're pharma is just not leading anywhere good. And it's driven by the record labels knowing what sells. Who cares if you get kids addicted to opiates eh as long as you make profit. With all the namedropping of specific brand names I can't help but wonder if any pharma companies are paying for product placement either.

I'll shut up now but I'll leave this here, this kid is 17 years old and has a music video glorifying abusing codeine and oxy:

The one saving grace is that after Lil Peep's death some of the big name rappers seem to be turning against this whole culture. Like this track from the guy who famously rapped "Percocet, Molly, Percocet":

You're blaming Americans for kids over there being into Xanax. If the Brits were any good at rapping, they'd get in on it too. I was halfway joking there. lol
I don't listen to any of the garbage rap out these days.

All I can say is it will help to educate who you can about these drugs. That's why I adore this board. We're capable of teaching people a lot, especially from mistakes made in the past so hopefully they won't do the same. That's a powerful thing.

Oh for sure that's why I'm here, to deal out HR advice. They're gonna do it anyway so I might as well spread info on how to reduce the inherent risks. And it's not like I didn't take Xanax myself today. Only 1mg though and I don't like to touch those dodgy bars at all. Blister packs only for all pharmas or I go full Boris Johnson on that shit: no deal. That's probably the best HR advice I can give with regards to alprazolam in the UK. The bars are all fake. Buy blister packs. They're foreign imports but they're 99% legit.